Unlike tech tree ships which represent entire classes of ships, premium ships represent specific historical vessels. Game-wise, they are usually variants of the respective researched counterparts with alternate abilities, extra armament or protection, and other attribute changes that offer different game play.
Premium ship benefits:
- No research required (all modules unlocked and mounted).
- More credits earned in each battle.
- Permanent camouflage that increases the amount of Experience gained (+50% for Tiers II-VIII, +100% for Tiers IX-X).
- Reduced service costs.
- Elite status from the start (use doubloons to convert all your XP to Free XP).
- Assigning commanders from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.