Mouse over "
[Client Values; Actual values in
|510510 HP Hit Points|
|59.1/62.259.1/62.2 t Weight Limit|
- Commander (Radio Operator)
|10501050 hp Engine Power|
|50/12 km/h Speed Limit|
|2020 deg/s Traverse|
|17.7717.77 hp/t Power/Wt Ratio|
|75/50/30 mm Hull Armor|
|900/900/900/900/ HP Damage|
|45/45/45/45/ mm Penetration|
|r/m 1.88 r/m 1.88 Rate of Fire|
▼1692 Damage Per Minute
With 50% Crew: 0.731 m
With 50% Crew: 0.731 m
|s 4.5 s 4.5 Aim time|
|1212 deg/s Gun Traverse Speed|
|10° Gun Arc|
|-3°/+45°-3°/+45° Elevation Arc|
|1818 rounds Ammo Capacity|
|1515 % Chance of Fire|
|m 300 m 300 View Range|
|m 720 m 720 Signal Range|
- Stationary: 3.71%
- When Moving: 2%
- When Firing: 0.31%
- On Hard Ground: 1.25
- On Medium Ground: 1.44
- On Soft Ground: 2.4
Dispersion Change Values
- Turret Contribution
- Rotation: 0.58
- Shot Recoil: 5.75
- Suspension Contribution
- Acceleration: 0.33
- Turning: 0.33
With 100% Crew
Developed on the basis of the IS-7 in 1947. The vehicle was supposed to feature a 180-mm naval gun. However, the project was discontinued.
Rather than using the 203mm gun from the the 212A, it mounts the 180mm which may turn some people off with its lack of damage. It does compensate with a higher rate of fire, and has good accuracy which makes some players would use Armor Piercing shells for more consistent damage and better penetration. Unfortunately, it only carries 18 rounds as opposed to 40 rounds on the 212A. It is quite mobile for its size, having the second highest top speed of the five tier 10 SPGs. Also Update 9.8 removed AP and HEAT rounds from artys leaving HE sitting in dust on this arty. Damage and pen per shell is on par with M40/M43 (T8) and American artys have the best firepower. However, these drawbacks doesn't setback it against its competitors.
The Object 261 marks the end of its Soviet self-propelled gun line.
Modules / Available Equipment and Consumables
|Rate of fire
|IX||180 mm B-1-P||45/45||900/900||1.88||0.59||4.5||17225||235000|
Pros and Cons
- Longest Gun range in the game at 1470 m
- Most accurate artillery in the game
- Very fast shell travel time for artillery. Combined with high accuracy means hitting targets is easy.
- Artillery is fairly mobile, being only slightly slower than many mediums
- Shells travel on an extremely flat trajectory, making it difficult to hit targets behind cover
- Horrible gun traverse
- Horrible gun arc, albeit 2 degrees larger than its predecessors
- Low trajectory somewhat negates the high accuracy, although it is still very accurate
- Somewhat Low damage per shot for Tier 10 SPGs (Although it's still better than BC 155 58)
The Object 261 has the lowest arc of any artillery piece in the game, meaning it has almost no ability to shoot over cover. However, this low arc combined with a high shell velocity means this SPG has the lowest shell travel times, making it easier to lead moving targets. However, the narrow gun arc means that if you do not pre-aim, you will have to re-position often to keep targets in your reticule. Due to it's narrow arc, "TD mode" can be difficult against enemies who force you to aim laterally, meaning you need to aim ahead of said enemy. However, the low shell arc does come a bit in handy here, as the shells go towards the approaching enemy much faster.
This arty plays a lot like French BC 155 but without the autoloader. The DPM is only 200 damage lower than BC 155, but if this arty uses Innovative Loading System, this arty is only behind 70 DPM (26 second reload time. BC 155 with Med Cal Rammer as it can't use ILS). The Object 261 will only be 100 DPM behind if this uses Large Cal Rammer.
Penetration valve is the lowest of all arty given that it has more flat trajectory. This makes the arty easier to hit the sides and rooftops of tanks which could do the same amount of damage as "1k damage per shot" artys when they hit. Use your expertise and aim for weak spots on tanks (like FV4005 turret).
Using Wear-Resistance Gun Layin Drive (or just the normal one) would speed up the aim time to 3.84 seconds which is only about a second longer to IS7 and Type 5 Heavy. They think that popping out to use their armor to ricochet or to bait shots to do damage is safe but your short aim time (and even when u just have to re-aim for even better shot)will prove them wrong. Also dispersion valves is on par to a Type 5 Heavy while moving (especially when turning the vehicle which is 0.19)!
External Reviews and Opinions
- Object 261-1, closed type, with a forward fighting compartment and a 152 mm M-31 gun with a 880 m/s muzzle velocity (later re-designated Object 261)
- Object 261-2, half-open type, rear fighting compartment, 152 mm M-48 gun with 1000 m/s muzzle velocity (later re-designated Object 262)
- Object 261-3, half-open type, rear fighting compartment, with a 180 mm naval MU-1 gun with a muzzle velocity of 920 m/s. This gun is also known as the 180mm B-1-P
Historical Accuracy Errata
* As the Object 261 in game only has the MU-1, the correct designation would be the Object 261-3
- The Object 261 has less armor than it would have had in real life, being based off of the IS-7 chassis, with between 150mm-215mm of frontal armor.
Sources and External Links
|USA||IIT1 HMC • IIIT18 HMC • IIIM7 Priest • IVT82 HMC • IVM37 • VM41 HMC • VIM44 • VIIM12 • VIIIM40/M43 • IXM53/M55 • XT92 HMC|
|UK||IILoyd Gun Carriage • IIISexton II • IIISexton I • IVBirch Gun • VBishop • VIFV304 • VIICrusader 5.5-in. SP • VIIIFV207 • IXFV3805 • XConqueror Gun Carriage|
|Germany||IIG.Pz. Mk. VI (e) • IIISturmpanzer I Bison • IIIWespe • IVPz.Sfl. IVb • IVSturmpanzer II • VGrille • VIHummel • VIIG.W. Panther • VIIIG.W. Tiger (P) • IXG.W. Tiger • XG.W. E 100|
|France||IIRenault FT 75 BS • IIILorraine 39L AM • IVAMX 105 AM mle. 47 • VAMX 13 105 AM mle. 50 • V105 leFH18B2 • VIAMX 13 F3 AM • VIILorraine 155 mle. 50 • VIIILorraine 155 mle. 51 • IXBat.-Châtillon 155 55 • XBat.-Châtillon 155 58|
|USSR||IISU-18 • IIISU-26 • IVSU-5 • VSU-122A • VISU-8 • VIIS-51 • VIISU-14-1 • VIIISU-14-2 • IX212A • XObject 261|