Changelog: World of Tanks (PC) Patch 1.0.2
- 1 Main Changes
- 2 Maps
- 3 Vehicle Customization
- 4 Other
- 5 Changes to the technical characteristics of the following vehicles
- 6 Fixed Issues
- 7 Known Issues
Bootcamp has been significantly improved. A set of combat and Garage missions has been added. At the same time:
- The missions are available to new players (who have fought less than 1000 battles and do not have vehicles of Tier VI and higher) after completion of Bootcamp. The missions help players learn the basic mechanics of the game.
- Players receive useful in-game property as a reward for completing the missions.
The missions consist of three sets:
- Road to Glory
After completing all sets, a player gets a token they can exchange for any non-Premium vehicle of Tier VI, even if the player has not researched it yet.
Training Center has been introduced to help new players learn the game basics that they need to know to succeed in World of Tanks. All topics are sorted by categories and presented as files containing images together with brief descriptions. Training Center consists of the following sections:
- For Newcomers
- Game Modes
- Player's Vehicle
- Vehicle types
- Attack Basics
- Defense Basics
Training Center is available in the game menu displayed upon pressing the Escape key.
Several issues of game locations have been fixed, some passages to areas not intended for playing have been removed on the following maps:
- Sand River
Several balance changes have been added on the following maps:
- Mountain Pass
The Klondike map has been reworked into HD and re-introduced into the game. It will be available only for Grand Battles. The map is intended only for the Standard Battle type.
- Currently, if a player wants to change the vehicle exterior, the vehicle is transferred to a special customization Garage.
- Styles and paints are now available for vehicles of Tiers VI and VIII.
- The Exterior window interface has been improved.
- Some changes to the Garage interface and its sounds have been introduced.
- The WoT launch script has been improved for WGC users, so that they get to Garage as fast as possible.
- The current login screen has been reworked in order to reduce the amount of information a player needs to enter when launching the game via WGC. The option of displaying server selection upon game launch has been introduced to the game settings in order to meet the audience interests (clan battles, tournaments, etc.).
Changes to the technical characteristics of the following vehicles
The following vehicles were added:
- Object 277
Changes to the technical characteristics of the U.S.S.R. vehicles:
Object 430 Version II
- The 100 mm D-54 gun was replaced with the 100 mm D-54U gun.
- Decreased dispersion during movement of the Object 430 Version II enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the Object 430 Version II enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 0.38 m to 0.35 m.
- Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 8 s to 7.5 s.
- Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 2.9 s to 2 s.
- Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret by 25%.
- Decreased dispersion after firing of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret by 13%.
- Changed penetration of the UBR-412B shell for the 100 mm D-54U gun from 219 mm to 246 mm.
- Changed the vehicle view range with the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 390 m to 400 m.
- Decreased armor of the hull and turrets.
- Changed the vehicle durability with the Object 430 Version II turret from 1,600 HP to 1,500 HP.
- Changed the vehicle durability with the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 1,700 HP to 1,600 HP.
Object 268 Version 4
- Increased dispersion during movement by 33%.
- Increased dispersion on hull traverse by 33%.
- Changed the hull traverse speed from 23 deg/s to 22 deg/s.
- Increased dispersion on gun traverse of the 152 mm M-53S gun by 20%.
- Changed aiming time from 2 s to 2.5 s.
- Changed the gun traverse speed from 30 deg/s to 28 deg/s.
- Decreased hull armoring
- Changed the top speed from 55 km/h to 50 km/h.
- Changed the reverse speed from 22 km/h to 18 km/h.
- Changed the engine power from 1,500 h.p. to 1,350 h.p.
- Changed the durability from 2,100 HP to 2,000 HP.
Changes made to the technical characteristics according to the results of Common Test 2:
- Changed the turret traverse speed from 26 deg/s to 27 deg/s.
- Changed dispersion from 0.35 m to 0.38 m.
- Changed reload time from 11.5 s to 12.5 s.
- Changed aiming time from 2.5 s to 2.7 s.
- Replaced the 3BM (experimental) AP shell with the 3VBK HEAT shell (penetration: 340 mm).
- Increased concealment by 20%.
- Changed the positions of ammo Rack and fuel tanks.
- Changed the durability from 1,800 HP to 1,950 HP.
- Changed the turret traverse sector from 180 degrees to 220 degrees (from 90 degrees to 110 degr3ees on each side).
- Increased the engine power to 860 h.p.
- Changed reload time from 6.5 s to 6.3 s.
- Changed the depression angle of the 100 mm D-46T gun (on vehicle sides) from -5 degrees to -9 degrees.
- Removed an invisible obstacle on the Tundra map.
- Fixed the issue of earning Mastery Badges on the Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC.
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from purchasing camouflage when using low screen resolutions.
- Text of battle events and text in battle notifications settings is displayed in the same way.
- Improved display of camouflage applied to the Object 705.
- Removed some passages to areas not intended for playing and areas where players could get stuck on the Mannerheim Line and Fjords maps.
- Improved quality of some objects on maps.
- The issue related to improper display position of Marks of Excellence on the 8,8 cm Flak 41 L/74 mounted on the Pz.Sfl. IVc tank destroyer.
- The vehicle panel does not get locked upon confirming readiness in Special Battles.
- Crew members can be retrained to special vehicles that are currently not available in the game.
- There is no protection from spam-clicking on the minimap.
- Equipment tooltips do not display dynamic technical characteristics.
- Vehicle type icons in the vehicle panels do not change their color dynamically, when selecting the Colorblind mode in battle.
- Disabled "free" crew retraining to vehicles of the same type.
- When a player destroys a vehicle by overturning it, this vehicle is not counted towards the total number of vehicles the player destroyed.
- A vehicle with mounted standard and Improved equipment cannot be sold.
- The recruiter's Recruiting Office does not display the recruits and reservists that they invited, if the recruiter's account is restored to a state, preceding the moment when recruits accepted the invitation.
- Mismatch in the descriptions of the Personal Missions (for Platoons) in battle (upon pressing TAB), Battle Results, and congratulation window.
- The Recruit button is displayed in the congratulation window, though the female crew member has already been recruited.
- The badge about base capture is displayed before the indicated number of points is accumulated.
- The order of events for received damage is sometimes mixed up in the damage log.
- The text of Mission conditions is not displayed in the congratulation window, provided that the required vehicle type is specified in the Mission conditions.
- In some cases, the sound and effect of receiving damage are missing.
- Upon clicking Paint the Whole Vehicle, paint is not applied to the entire vehicle in case of some tank destroyers and SPGs.
- When changing a shell type during reloading a magazine, shells in the magazine are displayed as already loaded.
- When a spotted enemy vehicle gets stunned, becomes no longer visible, and the stunned player uses a First Aid Kit, while still unspotted, then the stun indicator is still displayed above this vehicle to its opponents when spotted again.
- When a vehicle is destroyed, the log disappears, provided that the player has not enabled the "Show in Postmortem mode vehicle that destroyed your vehicle" option.
- The amount of received damage of the shot that destroyed the player's vehicle is not displayed in the log.