Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) n.A.
The Panzerkamfwagen 38(t) na is not a traditional light tank. It has a fast reload, and comes with a stock light gun which is, in the general terms of stock guns, sub-optimal. However, the player can choose to research the 2 cm Flak 38 gun or the 4,7 cm Kw.K. (t) L/43 (referred to hereon as the 4,7 L/43) for better firepower or shot effectiveness. The ultimate goal in researching this tank, however, is to get the 5cm L/60 gun, which can penetrate the DW II and other heavy tanks. This tank performs remarkably well against same tier and higher tier opponents, and is very fast, going up to 60 km/h over flat terrain. It is a very effective scout tank, often able to hold its own against an unsuspecting heavy. It is also small and angled, making it (frustratingly) difficult to hit.
|Level||Engine||Engine Power (h.p.)||Chance of Fire on Impact||Experience||Weight (t)|
|Level||Suspension||Load Limit||Traverse Speed (deg/s)||Experience||Weight (t)|
|Level||Radio||Signal Range (m)||Experience||Weight (t)|
Pros and Cons
- Very fast tank
- Good top-end gun
- Excellent acceleration
- Very maneuverable
- Small, difficult to hit
- General low damage-tolerance requires teamwork and backup
- Weak armor
- Low Hit-Points
- Stock gun is weak, making it somewhat difficult to research better guns
- It cannot shoot through many tank's fronts, it has to flank them
The Pz. 38 nA is a generally good all-round tank. Its weak armor and low hit-points limit the amount of damage it can take, but it is generally good at rushing a capture circle, spotting, or, with the L/60 gun (because it can penetrate a lot of tanks), reseting a capture. The tank's different guns offer themselves to different strategies.
- The 2 cm Flak 38 machine gun is very effective at killing light tanks, because of its moderate reload and high capacity. It is limited with mediums and can almost never kill a heavy tank.
- The 4, 7 L/43 gun is a fast firing gun that does not give up as much penetration as the machine gun, making it more versatile than the Flak 38 or the L/60
- The 5 cm L/60 gun is a moderately fast gun that deals moderate damage (relative to the total single-shot damage capacity of each gun), but really excels in penetrating heavies and annoying them.
While the speed of this tank, especially with the engine upgrade, is very high, players should note where other supporting friendlies are, and avoid engagements without backup. Be careful driving quickly on low health, as this tank can actually "hop" over hills. Also, make sure to protect your tracks while engaging, as darting in and out of cover may be necessary.
History for this tank not found