|113 mm/45 Mk II BD8 х 2 pcs.|
|Firing Range4.5 km.|
|Rate of Fire12 shots/min.|
|Reload Time5 sec.|
|HE Shell113 mm HE 5crh|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage1,700|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity746 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell8 %|
|113 mm/45 Mk II BD8 х 2 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second71.2|
|. . . Firing Range5.01 km.|
|20 mm Oerlikon Mk V21 х 2 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second128.1|
|. . . Firing Range2.01 km.|
|20 mm Oerlikon Mk IV16 х 1 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second57.6|
|. . . Firing Range2.01 km.|
|40 mm Vickers 2-pdr. Mk VII6 х 4 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second84|
|. . . Firing Range2.49 km.|
|40 mm Bofors Mk I4 х 2 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second49.2|
|. . . Firing Range3.51 km.|
|Maximum Speed30.5 knot|
|Turning Circle Radius970 m.|
|Rudder Shift Time13 sec.|
|Surface Detectability Range13.5 km.|
|Air Detectability Range10.58 km.|
Indomitable — British Tier VIII aircraft сarrier.
The last ship from the Illustrious-class carriers, which represented a revolutionary breakthrough in the development of aircraft carriers thanks to the introduction of an armored flight deck. In contrast to the lead ship, she had an additional hanger and so could carry more aircraft.
|Secondary Gun Turrets|
Indomitable joins the Royal Navy in World of Warships as its first premium Tier VIII aircraft carrier, bringing with her a very unique playstyle. Her most striking difference from Implacable, her tech tree counterpart, is a lack of torpedo bombers, forcing Indomitable captains to double down on her attack aircraft and level bombers. As a result, Indomitable is a very situational aircraft carrier, and must choose her targets carefully.
Indomitable’s attack aircraft have several differences with Implacable’s. While her payloads deal less total damage, Indomitable’s attack aircraft are considerably faster, cruising at a base speed of 188 knots and 228 knots with boost, allowing her to react much more quickly to opportunities and strike destroyers. Furthermore, the enhanced speed allows Indomitable to offset her increased plane regeneration time: 115 seconds without upgrades or captain skills.
Indomitable’s level bombers also have tweaked parameters. Indomitable’s level bombers have only two sets of two planes per attack flight and less bombs per payload, but an abnormally high speed for bombers of her tier: 182 knots cruising and up to 217 knots with boost. Furthermore, Indomitable’s level bombers have a whopping 2590 base HP, higher than even Audacious’ of 2340. This allows Indomitable to excel at hit-and-run strikes, but against all but low AA targets, she struggles to get two complete strikes off.At 13.5km base detection range, Indomitable is also stealthier than her tech tree equivalent. With the Concealment Expert captain skill and camouflage, she can reach 11.79km of detection range, allowing her to reposition much more easily even without Concealment System Modification 1. Additionally, each of Indomitable’s plane types carry 4 charges of the Patrol Fighters consumable, decreasing the number of times squadron commanders may find themselves out of fighters on a specific plane type.
- Best plane speed in the game, even better than Graf Zeppelin's Ta-152s
- Planes have a very high base healthpool, especially the bombers
- Better ship concealment than techtree counterpart Implacable
- Each squadron carries four Patrol Fighter () consumables
- The only carrier in the game that still has the "slingshot drop" mechanic
- No torpedo bombers
- Very long plane restoration time
- Even at full capacity, squadrons are very small
- While fast, the planes lack maneuverability
- Rockets and bombs struggle to damage heavily armored targets
- Heavily reliant on damage over time via fires
- The carrier itself is rather slow
The recommended upgrades for Indomitable are as follows:
- Slot 1: Air Groups Modification 1 ()
- Slot 2: Aircraft Engines Modification 1 ()
- Slot 3: Attack Aircraft Modification 1 ()
- Slot 4: Bombers Modification 2 ()
- Slot 5: Flight Control Modification 1 ()
Upgrade Slot 5 offers Flight Control Modification 1, which will significantly decrease the long plane regeneration time and increase the number of planes on deck. Because Indomitable has fairly good base concealment, Concealment Modification 1 is not as vital, especially with commander skill Concealment Expert. However, captains seeking to maximize stealth may consider using Concealment Modification 1.
|Recommended Commander Skills|
|Key: ★★★ - Extremely Useful ★★ - Frequently Useful ★ - Occasionally Useful No stars - Not Useful|
Like other aircraft carriers, the captain of Indomitable does not control the ship's consumables.
Indomitable equips the following consumables:
- Slot 1: Damage Control Party () - unlimited
- Slot 2: CAP Fighter () - (4 charges of 4 Fighters by default) - Supermarine Seafires
Indomitable's aircraft can equip the following consumables: Attack Aircraft:
- Slot 1: Engine Cooling () (2 charges by default)
- Slot 2: Patrol Fighter () (4 charges by default) - de Haviland Sea Hornets
CamouflageAs a premium aircraft carrier, Indomitable comes with Type 10 camouflage that lowers her detection radius, reduces the accuracy of incoming shells, reduces her service cost, and increases the amount of experience she earns.
- Builder: Vickers-Armstrong, Barrow-in-Furness, England
- Laid down: 10 November 1937
- Launched: 26 March 1940
- Commissioned: 10 October 1941
- 23,000 tons displacement, standard
- 230.0m length
- 29.2m beam
- 8.8m draft
- Parsons geared steam turbines
six boilers three shafts
- 30.5 knots at 111,000 shaft horsepower
- 11,000 nm at 14 knots
- Main belt:
- Upper belt:
- Torpedo bulkhead:
- Barbettes and Turrets:
- Conning tower:
- 16 × 4.5-inch anti-aircraft (AA) guns
48 × 2-pounder AA guns 10 × 20 mm AA guns
- 50 (1942), 55 (1943)
HMS Indomitable (pennant number 92) was a modified Illustrious-class aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy. The Illustrious class was developed in the 1937 Naval Programme. Originally planned to be the fourth of the class, she was redesigned to enable her to operate more aircraft, 48 instead of 36. A second hangar was added above the original, raising the flight deck by 14 feet (4.3 m), although the hangar side armour had to be reduced to compensate. The lower hangar was made shorter than the upper hangar due to the need for extra workshops and accommodation to support the added aircraft.
- HMS Indomitable (92) - Wikipedia
- Illustrious-class aircraft carrier - Wikipedia
- Armada: Indomitable - News - World of Warships
- Armada: Indomitable - World of Warships Official Channel - YouTube
Ship Change Log
See here for links to Update notes.
- Available for testing by supertesters in the game starting from Update 0.8.0.
- Update 0.8.0.3:
- The composition of the attacking wave of the rocket attack aircraft was changed. Now the flight has two planes instead of three, which will allow you to make three attacks in one flight instead of two.
- Update 0.8.1.1:
- Increased the accuracy of bombers and rocket attack aircraft. The accuracy of these squadrons remained at the same level, although the number of aircraft in the attacking flight and, accordingly, the number of bombs dropped were previously changed, as a result of which they were less accurate.
- Update 0.8.2:
- Fixed position of aircraft on deck.
- Fixed a bug where the 113 mm guns were not taken into account in the far zone of AA defenses.
- Update 0.8.11:
- During the New Year 2020, became available for purchase in the Premium store.
- Update 0.9.7:
- The rocket reticule was rotated 90 degrees, and now extends horizontally.
|Destroyers||II Medea • III Valkyrie • III Campbeltown • IV Wakeful • V Acasta • VI Icarus • VI Gallant • VII Jervis • VIII Lightning • VIII Cossack • VIII Cossack B • IX Jutland • X Daring • X Druid|
|Cruisers||I Black Swan • II Weymouth • III Caledon • IV Danae • V Emerald • V Hawkins • V Exeter • VI Leander • VI Devonshire • VI London • VI Dido • VII Fiji • VII Surrey • VII Belfast • VIII Edinburgh • VIII Albemarle • VIII Cheshire • VIII Tiger '59 • VIII Belfast '43 • IX Neptune • IX Drake • X Minotaur • X Goliath • X Plymouth • X Gibraltar|
|Battleships||III Bellerophon • III Dreadnought • IV Orion • V Iron Duke • V Agincourt • VI Warspite • VI Queen Elizabeth • VI Repulse • VII King George V • VII Hood • VII Nelson • VII Duke of York • VIII Monarch • VIII Vanguard • IX Lion • IX Marlborough • X Conqueror • X Thunderer • X Incomparable|
|Aircraft Carriers||IV Hermes • VI Furious • VI Ark Royal • VIII Implacable • VIII Indomitable • X Audacious|
|Japan||IV Hōshō • VI Ryūjō • VIII Shōkaku • VIII Kaga • VIII Kaga B • X Hakuryū|
|U.S.S.R.||IV Komsomolets • VI Serov • VIII Pobeda • VIII Chkalov • X Admiral Nakhimov|
|U.S.A.||IV Langley • VI Ranger • VIII Lexington • VIII Enterprise • VIII Saipan • VIII Saipan B • X Midway • X Franklin D. Roosevelt|
|Germany||IV Rhein • VI Weser • VI Erich Loewenhardt • VIII August von Parseval • VIII Graf Zeppelin • VIII Graf Zeppelin B • X Manfred von Richthofen • X Max Immelmann|
|U.K.||IV Hermes • VI Furious • VI Ark Royal • VIII Implacable • VIII Indomitable • X Audacious|