Unlike tech tree ships which represent entire classes of ships, premium ships represent specific historical vessels. Game-wise, they are usually variants of the respective researched counterparts with alternate abilities, extra armament or protection, and other attribute changes that offer different game play.
There are premium ships on Tiers II-IX and special ships on Tier X. You can buy premium ships with money but normally not Tier X special ships.
Benefits of premium ships and Tier X special ships:
- No research required (all modules unlocked and mounted).
- More credits earned in each battle (except Tier X ships).
- Permanent camouflage that
- increases the amount of Experience gained (+50% for Tiers II-VIII, +100% for Tiers IX-X)
- reduces the cost of the ship's post-battle service (-10% for Tiers II-VIII, -20% for Tier IX, -50% for Tier X)
- increases the amount of credits earned for Tier X ships (+20%)
- Reduced service costs.
- Elite status from the start (use doubloons to convert all your XP to Free XP).
- Assigning commanders from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.
See also: List of Ships