Unlike tech tree ships which represent entire classes of ships, premium ships represent specific historical vessels. Game-wise, they are usually variants of the respective researched counterparts with alternate abilities, extra armament or protection, and other attribute changes that offer different game play.
There are premium ships on Tiers II-IX and special ships on Tier X. You can buy premium ships with money but normally not Tier X special ships.
Benefits of premium ships and Tier X special ships:
- No research required — all modules unlocked and mounted — in most cases.
- More credits earned in each battle (except Tier X 'special' ships).
- A permanent economic bonus package.
- Reduced post-battle service cost.
- Elite status from the start (use doubloons to convert all your Ship XP to Free XP ).
- Commanders can be assigned from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.
- A Default permanent camouflage.