Developer Bulletin Public Test Rd.2
Development Blog 70 in which the skills change is first outlined.
Development Blog 104 changes to the initial concept.
Development Blog 107 Q & A.
Note that there are also changes in each of the 0.10.0 Public Test rounds: mostly to names but also to the Interceptor skills.
Update 0.10.0 Commander Skills Update
Lunar New Year ● Commander Skills Update ● Kure Dockyard ● Clan Brawls ● Other Changes
Due to the installation of the update, the server will be unavailable
from: Wed. Jan. 20 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jan. 20 4:00 AM
to: Wed. Jan. 20 5:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jan. 20 7:00 AM
As soon as the server is updated and server maintenance is complete, you'll be able to immediately play the new version of World of Warships.
- 1 Update 0.10.0 Commander Skills Update
- 1.1 Lunar New Year
- 1.2 Commander Skills Update
- 1.3 Kure Dockyard
- 1.4 Clan Brawls
- 1.5 Snowflakes
- 1.6 Other Changes
- 1.6.1 Game Balance Changes
- 1.6.2 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.6.3 Other Changes and Improvements
Lunar New Year
In Update 0.10.0, we're going to celebrate the Lunar New Year! The event includes combat missions, Daily Shipments, new themed ships, Commanders, and "Journey to the West" and Lunar New Year containers. On the occasion of this holiday, we've updated the Dragon Port and added new patches and flags.
Combat Mission Groups
Start: Wed. Jan. 20 2:15 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jan. 20 4:15 AM
End: Wed. Feb. 17 1:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Feb. 17 3:00 AM
Completing combat missions and groups will bring you "Journey to the West" and Lunar New Year containers, as well as signals, and themed camouflages. The final reward for completing the combat mission groups is VI Anshan with a 6-skill-point Commander and Port slot.
"Journey to the West" containers can drop one of the new ships — IX Wujing or VIII Sanzang — in permanent Sha Wujing and Tang Sanzang camouflages with themed Commanders; or either IX Bajie or VIII Wukong; or other rewards.
The ships, Commanders, and camouflages are named after heroes of the "Journey to the West" novel — a former celestial General, Sha Wujin; a Buddhist monk, Tang Sanzang; the Monkey King, Sun Wukong; and a sorcerer, Zhu Bajie.
Please note: if deemed necessary, balance changes may be applied to IX Wujing.
Lunar New Year containers can drop the new Pan-Asian destroyer, VIII Fen Yang; or either VI Anshan, VIII Irian, VIII Loyang, VI Huanghe, or VIII SiliwangiItalic text; or a permanent camouflage for one of these ships; or other rewards.
During Update 0.10.0, enter the game in the period between January 20 and February 3, inclusive, to start getting valuable rewards via the Daily Shipments section.
You can get a total of 10 rewards throughout the 14 days that the shipments are available. That means you can skip 4 days out of 2 weeks and still claim all the valuable rewards.
Commander Skills Update
The Commander skills system will be changed in Update 0.10.0.
- We've added new skills and changed some of the old ones.
- Each Commander now has a separate skill section for each ship type. The skill section corresponding to the played ship type is active in battle.
- As skills have become more specialized and their total number has increased, the maximum possible number of skill points available to one Commander has been increased from 19 to 21.
- We've added a skill recommendation system, depending on the selected ship.
- Commanders with less than 21 skill points will additionally bring you Elite Commander XP (ECXP) in the amount of 5% of the Commander XP (CXP) gained per battle. (See the Economics article for how CXP is calculated.)
- We've added a new method of obtaining Elite Commander XP — by dismissing unused Commanders.
- We've revamped the interface of the Commander skill, recruitment, re-assignment, and dismissal system.
With the release of Update 0.10.0, all your commanders’ skills will automatically be redistributed using a recommendation system. This way, you'll get a skill build that's effective for each specific ship in the new system. You can take advantage of the opportunity to reset Commander skills free of charge in Update 0.10.0. Make sure to try out different combinations and find the ones that suit your play style!
After the release of the Update, additional balance corrections might be required. In case of significant changes going forward, we will provide additional opportunities to retrain your Commanders for free.
Discounts and Bonuses in Update 0.10.0
Starts: Wed. Jan. 20 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jan. 20 4:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Feb. 17 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Feb. 17 4:00 AM
To help you get familiar with the new Commander skills system in Update 0.10.0:
In addition, to help you experiment with retraining Commanders:
- Players with Access Level 8 and above will receive 500 when they first log in to the game during Update 0.10.0.
- Update 0.10.0 features six special combat missions, one for each nation with more than one ship branch: the U.S.A; Japan; U.K.; the U.S.S.R.; Germany; and France. To complete each mission, you'll need to earn 1,100 Base XP in any number of battles, playing a Tier VII–X ship in any battle type, except Training Battles. The reward for each one is 100 .
More details about the updated skill system are available in a dedicated article.
The construction of IX Hizen continues! Until the end of Update 0.10.0, you can complete Shipyard combat missions and progress through 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases. Purchasing phases for Doubloons will continue to be possible until the end of Update 0.10.1.
Update 0.10.0 will see the 14th and 15th Clan Brawls fought in a 7 vs. 7 format. Brawls are open to all players, even if a player isn't currently in a Clan. To participate, apply via the "Create Division" menu near the "Battle!" button, then wait for an invitation to join a Division. Only the player who creates a Division for a Brawl is required to be part of a Clan; the other invitees do not have to belong to any Clan at all. The inviting player should have the rank of Clan Recruiter or higher.
Brawl 14 - 27 Jan. 2021 thru 01 Feb. 2021
Brawl 15 - 10 Feb. 2021 thru 15 Feb. 2021
You can play in the 14th and 15th Clan Brawls only during the Prime Time of your server (times in UTC):
- NA - 0:00- 5:00
- ASIA - 11:00-16:00
- CIS - 15:00-20:00
- EU - 17:00-22:00
- 14th Brawl - Tier VIII ships only
- 15th Brawl - Tier X ships only
- No more than two battleships per team.
- Aircraft carriers are not permitted.
- Up to six mercenaries per Division.
Game maps and modes
The Islands of Ice, Mountain Range, Trident, Warrior's Path, and Sleeping Giant maps in the Arms Race mode.
Rewards for each Brawl
The Brawl rewards are divided equally between two chains of combat missions.
The second chain will succeed the first one:
the 14th Brawl: Fri. Jan. 29 10:00 PM PT / your local time: Sat. Jan. 30 12:00 AM
the 15th Brawl: Fri. Feb. 12 10:00 PM PT / your local time: Sat. Feb. 13 12:00 AM
This Snowflake event continues through this update.
Balance-related changes, content changes and additions, and other improvements.
Game Balance Changes
We're making changes to some ships and parameters to better fit the new skills system. Further changes may follow in future updates, should they be required.
Secondary Battery Ranges
The secondary battery firing ranges of battleships and cruisers have been increased.
|Tier||Standard Firing Range||Range with All Specific Upgrades and Skills**|
** Not all ships will be able to achieve these firing ranges, notably cruiser secondaries.
If a ship's standard secondary battery firing range was originally higher, it will not be decreased. A ship's detectability is another limiter — the maximum possible range of its secondary battery should not exceed its minimum possible detectability. Because of this, the secondary battery firing range of the following ships has been changed:
German Tier VII–X battleships
- Secondary battery accuracy has been increased [by 15% - Ed.].
Thanks to this change, the secondary battery accuracy of German battleships with the “Improved Secondary Battery Aiming” skill [by up to 35% - Ed.] will increase by 50%.
When a ship's engine is critically damaged, it now continues to function at 20% efficiency instead of stopping entirely.
- Standard main battery firing range has been increased from 11.1 to 13.3 km.
- Acceleration and deceleration dynamics have been improved.
II Nino Bixio
- Acceleration and deceleration dynamics have been decreased to standard values.
- Main battery reload time has been reduced from 12 to 11.2 seconds.
- Acceleration and deceleration dynamics have been decreased to standard values.
- Main battery reload time has been reduced from 40 to 38 seconds.
- Deck armor thickness has been increased from 38 to 51 mm.
- Tier IV — 187 knots
- Tier VI — 221 knots
- Tier VIII — 235 knots
- Tier X — 266 knots
This change will improve the efficiency of fighters and prevent enemy planes from escaping. Later, we plan to accordingly increase the different speeds of all deck fighters.
The detectability of patrol fighters on all Tier VI, VIII, and X carriers has been increased to 7.5 km. This change will allow us to prevent a situation that might have been possible with the new skill system where patrol fighters could have appeared directly in front of a squadron, leaving no time for evasion.
The effects that increase a squadron's Engine Boost time no longer increase its recovery time.
Content Additions and Changes
Ships VIII Flandre, X Max Immelmann, and X Austin have been added for testing by developers, volunteers, and community contributors.
A Pan-American destroyer, VI Juruá — VI Gallant's analogue — has been added together with the Boitata permanent camouflage for her. Detailed information on how to obtain this ship will be published later.
Starting with the release of Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available to obtain: IX Georgia, IX Alaska, VIII Massachusetts, X Thunderer, and X Småland.
The reason for the removal of these ships is a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. In order to maintain team diversity at an appropriate level, these ships will cease to be available for an indefinite period of time, but may return later.
We understand that accumulating resources to purchase a ship takes a long time, which is why we’re letting you know about the changes in advance. This will give players who are interested in these ships time to obtain them before Updates 0.10.1 and 0.10.2 go live in approximately one and two months, respectively.
Other Changes and Improvements
With the release of Update 0.10.0, we're terminating support for Mac OS. We've made this decision due to the low popularity of the operating system with our audience. Supporting Mac OS restrains our ability to improve the visuals of the game and its overall performance. More details are available in this article.
- The video on the start-up screen now plays continuously while the game loads. You can skip it by pressing any key. The ability to automatically skip this video has been added to the Controls section of the Settings.
- To make it more explicit, we've updated the display of Early Access ships in the Tech Tree, as well as the descriptions of their features.
- Increased the range at which X Shikishima's main battery salvos can be heard.
- Applied small fixes to the geometry and textures of ships such as X Khabarovsk, II Chikuma, VIII Anchorage, VIII Saipan, VI Gallant, IX Alsace, X Bourgogne, and VIII HSF Harekaze.
- Updated the icons for the Main Battery Reload Booster, Torpedo Reload Booster, and Rapid Takeoff Spotter consumables, as well as several upgrades.
- We've updated the interface for carrier armaments in the Port. All squadrons are displayed in the Armament group. Click on a squadron to view its consumables and armaments.
- The segment split of torpedo bombers' reticles now depends on the number of aircraft in the attacking flight, rather than on the number of torpedoes.
- Pressing the F key after the attack of the last flight in a squadron will skip the attack animation and move the camera back to the ship.
- When a squadron takes off, the aircraft models no longer disappear from the deck of an aircraft carrier all at once, but rather disappear in turn.
- The message about the return of a squadron to their carrier has been removed.
- Fixed an error that caused the information about damage sustained by your aircraft carrier to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused the aircraft carrier icon to be displayed on the Minimap incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused aircraft on catapults to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused the autopilot to plot an incorrect course.
- Fixed an error that caused X Vermont's anti-torpedo bulges to not go over her ends.
- Fixed an error that caused the "Improved Repair Party" feature to be displayed for the VIII Kansas - X Vermont sub-branch of U.S. battleships.
- Fixed an error that caused the reload time to not be displayed on the torpedo armament icon.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash when pressing Enter on the promo screen.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash while loading a map.
- Fixed an error that caused the shell travel time displayed in the interface to remain the same when changing the shell type.
- Fixed an error that resulted in VIII Saipan having 40mm Bofors Mk1 guns instead of 40mm Bofors Mk2 anti-aircraft guns. Continuous AA damage has been increased by 4 units per seconds.
- Fixed an error that caused the chat window to remain active after pressing Enter.
- Fixed an error that caused the previous squadron's attack time to be displayed when launching a new squadron from X Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Fixed an error that prevented the light bulbs on main battery guns from moving together with the barrels on VIII Albemarle in the New Year camouflage.
- Fixed an error that prevented VII Nueve de Julio's guns from moving.
- Updated the Port camera position for New York.