Captains! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable
from: Wed. Oct. 06 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Oct. 06 5:00 AM
until: Wed. Oct. 06 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Oct. 06 8:00 AM
Update 0.10.9: Halloween
German Battleships: Early Access ● Personal Challenges ● Halloween ● Brawls ● Submarines in Random Battles ● King of the Sea ● Interface Changes ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
The following new features await you in Update 0.10.9:
- Early Access to the new branch of German battleships.
- Operations Sunray in the Darkness and Saving Transylvania make a comeback, and a new temporary type of battle called "Twilight Hunt" has been added.
- Rental submarines in Random Battles.
- Two new Brawl seasons.
- 1 Update 0.10.9: Halloween
- 1.1 German Battleships: Early Access
- 1.2 Personal Challenges
- 1.3 Hallowe'en
- 1.4 Brawls
- 1.5 Submarines in Random Battles
- 1.6 King of the Sea
- 1.7 Interface Changes
- 1.8 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.9 Other Changes and Improvements
German Battleships: Early Access
Update 0.10.9 brings Early Access to a new branch of German battleships.
Features of the Branch
- While they don't have so many main battery guns, and those guns have a rather short range for this ship type, these battleships come out on top against their peers when it comes to accuracy. The shots you do fire will fly true and hit hard.
- Long-range torpedoes on Tier VII ships and higher.
- Numerous accurate secondary battery guns.
- Low detectability.
- A variant of the Hydroacoustic Search consumable that's similar to the type that German cruisers are equipped with.
- The Fast Damage Control Team consumable.
The Hamburg Port has been updated to celebrate the arrival of the German battleships in Early Access.
When Update 0.10.11 goes live, the German battleships will become available for all players to research.
German Tokens are a new temporary resource that can be obtained:
- By participating in the Personal Challenges event.
- From free daily bundles.
- From bundles available for Doubloons.
- In exchange for Community Tokens in the Armory.
Sequentially available bundles with new German Tier III–IX battleships; the German Eagle permanent camouflage for IX Prinz Rupprecht and X Schlieffen; the German Navy permanent camouflage for VII Prinz Heinrich and VIII Zieten; the "German Battleships: Part 1" commemorative flag; and other items.
The number of Tokens you can earn by participating in Personal Challenges combined with those you can get from free daily bundles will be enough to obtain German Tier III–VII battleships and the German Navy permanent camouflage for VII Prinz Heinrich.
Early Access to X Schlieffen with a Port slot and 10-skill point Commander is one of the lots you can look forward to at the upcoming Lighthouse auction. The starting bid is 1,000 Doubloons; in total, 1,000 lots will be auctioned.
The Lighthouse auction will be held from October 7 through 11. Look for details about the auction rules, lots, their quantity, and starting bids in a dedicated article that will be published on our website later this week.
Learn more about the German battleships event in this dedicated article.
A new temporary event called "Personal Challenges" will be available to you for the entire duration of Update 0.10.9. The goal of the event is to earn as much Base XP as possible while demonstrating your skills in battle playing ships of different types and nations.
The rules are similar to Naval Battles: a personal table of records will become available to you. This table displays all the available ship types and nations. After fulfilling one of the mission's requirements, you can move on to the next part of the table, which will offer a more difficult mission.
- You can take part in the event playing researchable ships of Tier V and higher, and you can also play Premium and special ships of Tier V–X if the nation has a researchable branch of that type.
- Personal Challenges can be completed in Random, Ranked, and Co-op Battles.
- You have an unlimited number of attempts.
- The table of records is reset once a week.
Each mission you complete will reward you with 15 German Tokens and 50 Coal. It's possible to earn up to 510 Tokens each week. After reaching the weekly limit, each completed task will bring only 50 Coal.
In the dark night that bridges October 31 and November 1, hordes of dismal evil creatures squeeze out of their shelters and creep all around the earth, set on conquering new lands!
Operations Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness
We invite you to take part in Operations from previous years—save Transylvania and defend the waters of the Silver Spear Archipelago from invasion by the Forces of Darkness!
Both Operations can be completed while Update 0.10.9 is live. A Super Hard difficulty level is available in addition to the Normal and Hard difficulty levels.
The first completion of a Super Hard Operation with 3 Stars or more will bring you Jack-o'-Lantern Premium containers that have specific chances of dropping one of the permanent Halloween camouflages from previous years, as well as other rewards. These can include expendable camos, Doubloons, and Free XP. There is also the possibility that Halloween permanent camouflages might drop.
To complete the Operations, you will receive the following special ships on your account: III Blade, III Jackal, and III Igor, as well as VIII Urashima, VIII Svyatozar, and VIII Magnu-S.
The updated Hallowe'en operations are described in this nightmarish article.
On the third week of the update, a new temporary battle type called "Twilight Hunt" will become available to you. Show your true courage in battles against the Twilight Fleet at the helms of these fantastic future ships.
Starts: Wed. Oct. 20 3:00 AM PT
Ends: Wed. Nov. 10 3:00 AM PT
The new battle type pits 16 players against each other and the AI-controlled Twilight Fleet, led by the terrible Rasputin, on the gigantic Polygon map.
- Your main objective is to exit the Polygon via the Portal located at the center of the map. Be cautious — the Portal opens up only some time after the start of each battle.
- You start out alone, but you can form teams directly in battle.
- It is now possible to enter battle as part of a Division, but each player still starts the battle on their own. In order to coordinate their efforts, Division mates will need to locate each other on the map and create a team.
- The Twilight Hunt ends when all surviving players exit through the Portal or when the battle time expires.
A temporary resource — Battle Points — will be issued to players for destroying monsters and other players.
- Having accrued a certain number of Battle Points, you can reinforce your ship directly in battle.
- The Battle Points you receive aren't lost or spent in battle.
- Successfully exiting the Polygon will double the amount of Battle Points you earn.
The Twilight Hunt mode is divided into three stages. Each stage has a different difficulty level: Normal, Hard, and Super Hard.
Players can take part in the Twilight Hunt on one of nine ships, and each ship has her own style of gameplay. Apart from IX Valkyrie, IX Gale, IX Heracles, X Hector, X Avenger, and X Whirlwind — ships that you're probably already familiar with — you'll also be able to join the battle on monster ships X Fangblade, X Thornridge, and X Lobster-Eyed. You must complete a special combat mission to obtain these ships.
Earn Battle Points and complete daily and weekly combat missions. As a reward for completing them you'll receive Jack-o'-Lantern containers, Community Tokens, a new temporary resource called Twilight Tokens, and other rewards.
Twilight Tokens can be exchanged in the Armory for themed Commanders with 10 skill points; Intanian Fleet permanent camouflages for VIII Admiral Hipper, VIII Hsienyang, VIII Implacable, IX Kitakaze, IX Dmitri Donskoi, and IX Iowa; Jack-o'-Lantern containers; and other items.
More details about the Twilight Hunt's rules, as well as the available rewards in the Armory, will come in a dedicated article on our website.
Two Brawls await you in Update 0.10.9.
Starts: Mon. Oct. 11 9:00 AM PT
Ends: Mon. Oct. 18 2:00 AM PT
Format: Tier VIII ships in a 3 vs. 3 format
Restrictions: No more than one ship of each type per team
Starts: Mon. Oct. 25 9:00 AM PT
Ends: Mon. Nov. 01 2:00 AM PT
Format: Tier X ships in a 3 vs. 3 format
Restrictions: No more than one ship of each type per team
The following conditions apply to both Brawls:
- ASIA: 01:00 — 18:00 UTC
- CIS: 06:00 — 23:00 UTC
- EU: 08:00 — 01:00 UTC
- NA: 16:00 — 09:00 UTC
You can take part in the Brawl only during the time period specified for your server.
Maps and modes: Big Race, Hotspot, Shatter, Greece, all with reduced combat areas in Domination mode; Two Brothers in the Epicenter mode.
You'll find detailed descriptions of the new Brawls in a dedicated article. Stay tuned for more news on our website!
Submarines in Random Battles
Submarines have been present in Ranked and Co-op battles for almost 2 months now, and we're extremely grateful for the battles you've played, as well as your feedback. By participating and telling us your opinions, you helped us determine what the next steps in submarine development are going to be.
We've planned a number of future changes for the new ship type, based on the data we collected and player feedback. First, we're going to add anti-submarine weapons on all Tier V–X cruisers and battleships in Update 0.10.9, except for Dutch cruisers and hybrids.
We're aware that adding anti-submarine weapons on a large number of ships can have a significant impact on the effectiveness of submarines, so we've made a number of balance changes to the new ship type:
- We've changed the characteristics of torpedoes — submarines now have tube-by-tube torpedo-launching capabilities. Tube-by-tube torpedo launching will allow for more dynamic game play and also allow better control over the number of torpedoes launched during an attack. To encourage submarine Captains to use sonar pings for better accuracy, the width of the torpedo launch sector has been increased
- German submarines were weaker compared to American submarines in terms of damage they were able to deal. To make them even in terms of this parameter, we've increased the maximum damage and the chances of causing flooding of torpedoes launched by German submarines.
- The torpedo tubes of German submarines are mostly located in their fore ends, which is great for attacking from longer distances. To shift German submarine game play toward long-range combat, we increased the range of their torpedoes.
- American submarines, in their turn, can be quite effective in short- and medium-range battles, because their torpedo tubes are located in both their bows and sterns. To encourage American submarine Captains to embrace this style of combat, the range of American submarines' torpedoes has been reduced.
- Reduced dive capacity depletion if the submarine is detected. The increase of dive capacity depletion in Update 0.10.8 significantly affected how comfortable it was to play submarines, and it also impacted their effectiveness. To make the detection of submarines impact their game play less, we've reduced the dive capacity depletion rates when submarines are detected.
Check out a detailed list of changes in a dedicated article on our website.
We’ve also changed the submarine settings in Co-op and Training battles. Now, submarines controlled by AI will take part in battles more actively. This change will prevent situations where the battle went on for far too long due to the process of searching for and destroying the last enemy submarine.
The next step in testing submarines is to add them to Random Battles. This will allow us to properly evaluate their state and gather feedback from a larger number of players.
For this reason, rental submarines will become temporarily available in Random Battles during Update 0.10.9.
Offering submarines in this way will help us keep an eye on how many of them are out on our seas and prevent extended queue times. We are going to keep a close eye on submarines in Random Battles, and we are able to take measures if their presence in Random Battles has an adverse impact on game play.
King of the Sea
On weekends during Update 0.10.9 the King of the Sea XIII international tournament will take place, pitting teams of players first against others within each region, then between the four regions for the title King of the Sea, along with $50,000 in cash prizes. Battles will be featured on the WorldOfWarships Twitch channel and on those of many of your favorite streamers.
The description of KotS XIII prizes along with pointers to official rules, etc. can be found in this dedicated article.
Viewers can also obtain rewards. An article containing the stream schedule and information about the associated KotS collection, Twitch drops, and missions awarding can be found here.
Especially for the King of the Sea tournament, we've added:
- King of the Sea XIII Red and King of the Sea XIII Green expendable camouflages.
- Commanders Edward Turner, Stepan Yermakov, Kenji Shiraishi, and Klaus Sternberger.
- King of the Sea XIII commemorative flag.
- Bane of the Seas permanent camouflage for VIII North Carolina.
In Update 0.10.9, we've updated the way in which ship characteristics are displayed in battle: Changed the ship parameters screen that opens by pressing [H]. Any modifiers currently applied to the ship are now displayed in the pop-up window.
Apart from that, the battle interface has additional indicators for various temporary effects:
- Added the display of active skills and temporary modifiers of talents above the armament panel.
- Added a notification about changed parameters when Commander talents are activated.
- Updated the display of destroyed and incapacitated modules, fires, and flooding.
- Added a setting in the "Controls" section that allows timers on fires, flooding, and other modifiers to be permanently displayed when the adaptive full combat interface mode is enabled.
Content Additions and Changes
World of Warships will see the addition of:
- Two variants of German Battleships containers that have specific chances of dropping German ships VIII Brandenburg, X Max Immelmann, VII Weimar, VIII Gustav-Julius Maerker, and other rewards. Brandenburg will be also available in the Armory in exchange for Doubloons.
- German Commander Johannes Meck-Leyne with a unique voiceover.
- Loyang, Giuseppe Verdi, Marlborough, Novorossiysk, and Flag of the Tsar of Muscovy commemorative flags.
- Regular Supplies container.
As a part of our collaboration with Games Workshop, we've added Warhammer 40,000 themed content:
- Ships VIII Cross of Dorn and VIII Ship Smasha. The ships' characteristics are identical to those of VIII Mainz and VIII Fenyang.
- "The Red Threat" and "The Eternal Crusader" expendable camouflages.
- Commanders with unique voiceovers: Augustin Riegerwald and Grotmaz Smart.
- Warhammer 40,000 container.
- Emperor's Champion and "The WAAAGH!" commemorative flags.
- Patches: Black Templars cross, Orky Glyph, Ork scull, Mark of the Sword Brethren.
Tech Tree Changes
In early 2022, X Khabarovsk and X Grosser Kurfürst are going to receive the status of "special" ships and leave the branch. They'll be replaced with Delny and Preussen, which better match other ships from the branch in terms of progression and game play.
Any players who own a permanent camouflage for X Khabarovsk or X Grosser Kurfürst at the time when the ships are removed from the Tech Tree will receive the Type 20 permanent camouflage for Delny or Preussen, respectively.
Any players who had a permanent camouflage for X Moskva on their accounts at the time when Update 0.9.5 was released will receive the Type 20 permanent camouflage for X Alexander Nevsky within a week of Update 0.10.9 going live. Those who already have the Type 20 permanent camouflage will receive 5,000 Doubloons as compensation.
Details about the new ships, as well as details about the upcoming changes, can be found in a dedicated article on our website.
The "Naval Community" section will have several changes. Premium Ship V and Premium Ship VII containers, as well as the Restless Fire commemorative flag, will no longer be available for purchase.
The following ships will be available to purchase with Community Tokens:
The ships are credited with a Port slot and Commander with 3 skill points.
Ships II Dresden, II Emden, III G-101, IV Karlsruhe, III Kolberg, III König Albert, III Nassau, II V-25, and IV V-170 now have Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial German Navy) flag mounted as their national flag because these ships belong to the period when this flag was historically used. This flag is also mounted on Early Access ships III Von der Tann, IV Moltke, V Derfflinger, and VI Mackensen.
Other Changes and Improvements
Anti-Submarine Aircraft Modification 1 upgrade (4th slot)
- Renamed Airstrike Modification 1.
- Added for all Tier V–X battleships, researchable Tier V–X Dutch cruisers, and VIII De Zeven Provinciën.
Technical changes of ship armor
Changed the code that processed ship armor.
The update will allow for better interactions between shells and armor due to a more accurate calculation of the position of the shell in the ship's hull. For example, these changes allow us to avoid situations where a ship receives damage from penetration and over-penetration of the same shell at the same time. They also make it impossible to penetrate a ship's armor through various decorative elements on the deck.
The way in which the parts of a ship's armor are displayed will also change — it will be more detailed and uniform.
The transfer of ships to the new armor system will take effect gradually, starting from Update 0.10.10.
Changes to Ranked Battle maps
Map League Battle Tiers Sleeping Giant Gold X Crash Zone Alpha Silver VIII Haven Bronze VI Northern Waters Silver, Gold VIII and X
These maps will replace Strait, Sea of Fortune, Mountain Range, and Trap.
Battles on these maps will be utilize the Domination mode.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Added the option to rent a Commander, similar to ship rental.
- Fixed an error that caused the shell ballistics of IX Missouri to be calculated incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed an error that caused torpedo range not to be shown in the characteristics of torpedo bombers in the Port.
- Fixed an error that caused the Airstrike bomb penetration value to be incorrectly displayed for X Gouden Leeuw.
- Fixed an error that caused the Survivability Expert skill to increase aircraft HP by an incorrect value.
- Changed the recommended skills for certain ships.
- The icons of enhanced Commander skills no longer become transparent if they haven't been mastered.
- The achievements dedicated to World of Warships' Anniversary can no longer be obtained.
- Messenger sounds in the Designer's Table Port play back less frequently.
- Updated the battle-type icons in the "Summary" tab.
- Fixed a mistake in the word "Dockyard" on the shed in the Port of Rotterdam.
- Fixed the secondary gun names on Chkalov.
- Fixed the painting pattern of the Constellation spotting aircraft.
- Fixed an error that caused the rudder position to reset when using the game chat.
- Fixed an error that caused the associated sound not to play back when receiving the daily reward in the Port.
- Fixed an error that caused the color of the "Move the camera to a particular module" icon not to change in certain cases.
- Fixed the animation of the horizontal rudders of American submarines with the Enhanced Rudder Gears consumable active.
- Fixed an error that caused information about player progress in Ranked Battles to be incorrectly displayed in the game client.
- Fixed an error that caused the sonar pings of submarines to pass through the models of destroyed ships.
- Fixed an error that prevented the crosshair from switching between torpedo tubes after pressing "C."
- Fixed an error that prevented Captains playing aircraft carriers from switching between ships in the Spectator camera mode.
- Fixed an error that caused the Type 5 permanent camouflage not to be displayed on Komsomolets when the display of special camouflages in the Port was disabled.
- Fixed an error that caused voice messages from allies not to play back when using multichannel sound systems.
For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.