Captains! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:
From: Wed. Sep. 02 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Sep. 02 5:00 AM
Until: Wed. Sep. 02 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Sep. 02 8:00 AM
Update size: 8 GB
World of Warships Anniversary ● Asymmetric Battles ● Dockyard ● Armory ● Ranked Battles ● Visual Improvements ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 World of Warships Anniversary
- 2 Asymmetric Battles
- 3 Dockyard
- 4 Armory
- 5 Ranked Battles
- 6 Visual Improvements
- 7 Content Additions and Changes
- 8 Other Changes and Improvements
World of Warships Anniversary
With Update 0.9.8, World of Warships is celebrating its Fifth Anniversary! The festive Update offers a bunch of gifts and in-game activities: a permanent Campaign titled "Five Epochs of the Navy," plus a collection of the same name; fresh first-win bonuses, a revamped Designer's Table Port, and a new battle type—Asymmetric Battles.
The "Five Epochs of the Navy" Campaign comprises 50 tasks grouped into five missions, each of which is dedicated to a specific shipbuilding epoch. To finish the Campaign, you'll need to complete tasks playing ships of various tiers: starting from Tier II–IV ships for the first mission, and progressing to Tiers VIII–X for the final mission.
Reward for finishing the Campaign: Epoch permanent camouflage for Tier IX ships.
The "Five Epochs of the Navy" collection is made up of five sections, with six elements in each. Each section is dedicated to a specific period in the history of shipbuilding.
Only "Five Epochs of the Navy" containers drop collectibles.
The reward for completing the entire collection: Epoch permanent camouflage for Tier IX ships.
The Epoch permanent camouflage can be mounted on any Tier IX ship, except for IX AL Sov. Rossiya. Once mounted on a ship, the camouflage remains assigned to that ship. Another copy of the camouflage can be assigned to a different ship.
Victory Bonuses (WowFlakes)
During Update 0.9.8, you can expect a festive bonus for your first victories of the Update with certain ships. It can be secured on ships starting from Tier V:
- Tiers V–VII: 2x World of Warships Anniversary camouflage patterns
- Tier VIII: 1x Gift container
- Tier IX: 2x Gift containers
- Tier X: 1x supercontainer
Starts: Wed. Sep. 02 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Sep. 02 5:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Sep. 16 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Sep. 16 5:00 AM
- In an Asymmetric Battle, a team of five to seven Tier VII–VIII ships will confront a team of nine to twelve ships of Tiers V–VI.
- To enter battle with Tier VII–VIII ships, you'll need to spend a new temporary resource — Battle Tokens. The cost of entering a battle playing Tier VII–VIII ships is 500 Battle Tokens.
- Battle Tokens can be earned in Asymmetric Battles:
- Tier V: 250 Tokens per battle
- Tier VI: 150 Tokens per battle
- Tier VII: 200 Tokens per battle
- Tier VIII: 25 Tokens per battle
- You'll receive 1,000 Tokens each day upon logging in to the game.
- Tokens are earned irrespective of the battle results, but players will not be awarded them if they are inactive.
Please note: Battle Tokens are only used to participate in Asymmetric Battles. With the release of Update 0.9.9 all Battle Tokens will be converted into credits at a rate of 1:50. Asymmetric Battles become available after reaching Access Level 12.
Another new feature of Update 0.9.8 is the Dockyard, where you'll be able to construct VIII Anchorage. The rules of the new Dockyard are in many ways similar to those applied to the Hamburg Dockyard, but the list of rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases has changed. For example, completing phase 12 will bring you 100,000 Free XP.
- The construction process of the Dockyard comprises 20 phases.
- Each shipbuilding phase can be completed by finishing the Directives of the event, or by spending 1,750 per phase.
- The Directives will span two updates — 0.9.8 and 0.9.9, and the Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.9.10.
- You can complete 18 out of 20 shipbuilding phases by accomplishing Directives. In order to complete the 19th and 20th phases, in addition to completing all the Directives, you'll need to purchase any two shipbuilding phases by spending doubloons.
- VIII Anchorage and her National camouflage, along with a 10-skill Commander, Port slot, and commemorative flag, await you upon completing the 20th phase.
The full details will be published in a dedicated article.
In Update 0.9.8, the customary Daily Shipments will be replaced with free daily random bundles in the Armory:
- You can only obtain one bundle per day.
- A total of 15 bundles will be available during the period of three weeks, so you can skip up to 6 days and still be able to collect all the rewards.
Starts: Wed. Sep. 16 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Sep. 16 9:00 AM
Ends: Tue. Oct. 13 6:30 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Oct. 13 8:30 AM
Format: 8 vs. 8 playing Tier X ships.
Rewards: up to 5,500 Steel and many additional rewards.
Maps and modes: North, Sea of Fortune, and Greece in Domination mode; Sleeping Giant and Warrior's Path in Arms Race mode; and Tears of the Desert in Epicenter mode.
The Season's details are published in a dedicated article>>>.
The visual display of fog in the game has been enhanced by adopting an updated spacial distribution system and adding a scattered sunlight effect. Apart from improving the visual component, this change will also provide a slight improvement in the game client's performance.
Content Additions and Changes
In collaboration with Hasbro and Takara Tomy, the following items have been added:
- Freedom Fighter permanent camo for X Montana, Gold Bug permanent camo for X Gearing, Messenger of Oblivion permanent camo for X Großer Kurfürst, and the Crush’n’Destroy permanent camo for X Khabarovsk.
- Decepticon Disguise and Autobot Ark expendable camouflage patterns.
- Commanders with special voiceovers: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Rumble.
- Cybertronian containers.
- Themed patches and flags.
Details about the ways in which you can obtain content dedicated to "Transformers: Generation 1" will be announced later.
In honor of the holiday, the Mid-Autumn Festival permanent camouflage pattern for VI Warspite, VI Dunkerque, VIII Kaga, and VIII Prinz Eugen has been added, as well as the following unique Commanders:
- Chang’e with a specialization for Pan-Asian and Japanese ships
- Hou Yi with a specialization for Pan-Asian ships
- Kaguya with a specialization for Japanese ships
The 5th Anniversary commemorative flag and the For Meritorious Service patch have been added into the game.
Details on how to get these items will be published later.
To make the process of researching ships simpler, the following changes have been made to VIII Admiral Hipper's modules:
- Hull A has been removed from the game.
- Hulls B and C have been renamed "A" and "B," respectively.
- If you have already researched Hull B, you'll receive compensation in the amount of 22,000 ship XP.
- If you have already researched Hull C, the new Hull B will be mounted on your ship instead. In other cases Hull A will be mounted on the ship.
- If you've already purchased one of the replacement hulls, you'll receive compensation in the amount of credits you paid for it.
The stock hull of V Königsberg has been replaced with a new one, created on the basis of the researchable hull with a changed composition for the AA and secondary guns.
English-language audio for Naval Legends has been added into the game client:
- To listen to Naval Legends directly in battle, you need to enable the "Listen to your own music" option in the sound settings.
- If you already use your own music as background sound, then Naval Legends will be added to your playlist.
- In case you opt to remove Naval Legends from your playlist, you need to remove the respective audio files from the bin/<VERSION_ID>/res/userMusiс folder in the game client.
Ships VIII Belfast '43 and V Oklahoma have been added for testing by developers, volunteers, and community contributors.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Occurrence of a synchronization error has been reduced. This bug caused the incorrect display of ships' positions in battle.
- Thunderstorm Front and Snowstorm are available in the game again.
- We've updated the look, appearance/disappearance time, and layout of the pop-up tooltips and menus in the game client.
- Thunderstorm Front and Snowstorm have become available in the game again.
- Reduced the frequency of a synchronization error that causes incorrect display of ship positions in battle.
- Updated the Fighter consumable icon for aircraft carriers.
- You can now hide pop-up menus and tooltips by pressing <Esc>.
- A subfolder with the update number is no longer created in the res_mods folder which contains game client modifications. Game-client modifications are now installed directly to the res_mods folder.
- Changed the structure of some user-setting sections in the preferences.xml file of the game client.
- The Port of Hamburg has had its usual design restored.
- Erich Loewenhardt: fixed the names of rockets and bombs.
- Pommern: corrected the hull name.
- Corrected some mistakes in the names of German aircraft.
- Minor fixes to the textures and geometry of the following ships: Admiral Graf Spee, Aigle, Amalfi, Ark Royal, Audacious, Buffalo, Bourrasque, California, Des Moines, Exeter, Großer Kurfürst, Harugumo, Jaguar, Kii, Marceau, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Orkan, Ranger, Shinonome, Sovetsky Soyuz, and Yamato.
- Corrected the description of Kaga's secondary battery in the Port.
- Fixed a bug that prevented player profiles from being viewed on the post-battle results screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused a pop-up tooltip with incorrect text to appear in the Summary section of player profiles in the Port.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reward icons to disappear when a container was opened by right-clicking the "Open Container" button.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when some voiceover modifications were used. It caused a voice message to play back after a torpedo had hit a destroyed ship.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect text to be displayed in a tooltip when the branch of European destroyers had been reset in the Research Bureau.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the consumable action timers from working correctly after reentering a battle.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when navigating from the Tech Tree to another section of the Port. It sometimes caused a ship the player didn't have to be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to freeze when using a computer with a graphics card that didn't support MSAA.
- Fixed a bug that caused a black screen to appear when launching the game with the alternative color filter enabled.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed the camera to move inside Riga's hull.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect costs for ship modules to be displayed in the Port.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made it impossible to demount a camouflage from a ship.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to terminate while loading.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Smoke Generator consumable to deactivate prematurely.
- Fixed a bug that caused consumable reload times to be incorrectly displayed in battle.