|410 mm/45 3rd Year Type in a twin turret5 х 2 pcs.|
|Rate of Fire2 shots/min.|
|Reload Time30 sec.|
|Rotation Speed4.3 deg./sec.|
|180 Degree Turn Time41.86 sec.|
|Firing Range18.07 km.|
|Maximum Dispersion227 m.|
|HE Shell410 mm HE Type0|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage6,500|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell30 %|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity805 m./s.|
|HE Shell Weight938.5 kg.|
|AP Shell410 mm AP/APC Type91|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage12,600|
|Initial AP Shell Velocity806 m./s.|
|AP Shell Weight1020 kg.|
|140 mm/50 3rd Year Type on a casemate mount16 х 1 pcs.|
|Firing Range6.6 km.|
|Rate of Fire7.5 shots/min.|
|Reload Time8 sec.|
|HE Shell140 mm HE Type0|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage2,400|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity850 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell10 %|
|127 mm/40 Type 89 on a Model A1 mount8 х 2 pcs.|
|Firing Range6.6 km.|
|Rate of Fire10 shots/min.|
|Reload Time6 sec.|
|HE Shell127 mm HE Type0|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage2,100|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity725 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell8 %|
|127 mm/40 Type 89 on a Model A1 mount8 х 2 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second80.8|
|. . . Firing Range5.01 km.|
|13 mm/76 Type 93 on a quadruple mount12 х 4 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second34.8|
|. . . Firing Range1.2 km.|
|25 mm/60 Type 96 on a single mount42 х 1 pcs.|
|. . . Average Damage per Second75.6|
|. . . Firing Range2.49 km.|
|Maximum Speed28.05 knot|
|Turning Circle Radius870 m.|
|Rudder Shift Time20.8 sec.|
|Surface Detectability Range16.76 km.|
|Air Detectability Range10.97 km.|
Amagi — Japanese Tier VIII battleship.
An upgraded battlecruiser design with very powerful artillery. Though outclassed by other battleships of her time in terms of armor, Amagi was superior to them in terms of speed.
|Rate of Fire|
|180° Turn Time|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage
|410 mm/45 3rd Year Type in a twin turret||2||41.9||227||6,500||30||12,600||0||1,300,000|
|Secondary Gun Turrets|
|Maximum Firing Range
|Type8 mod. 1||0||0||640,000|
|Type8 mod. 2||0||22,500||1,300,000|
| Slot 1
| Slot 2
| Slot 3
| Slot 4
| Slot 5
Amagi has an impressive reputation among battleships at her tier. Sporting five dual turrets each packing a pair of 410mm guns — 10x 16.1" rifles — Amagi is unmatched in terms of raw broadside weight. In her current fit, the ship is a reformatted battlecruiser with changes much like those applied to her colleague Kongo resulting in excellent speed and a powerful main battery with a turtleback covered by a thin plating of armor. (see the Design section below)
Despite the solid appearance and heavy broadside weight, Amagi can take only so much punishment before she breaks. It is inadvisable to depend heavily on your armor, as at 32mm everywhere, she is very vulnerable to cruiser high-explosive as well as overmatch from Yamato and Musashi. The AA suite is not terrible, but not very good either. Only the 16x 127mm rifles can throw shells beyond short range. There are no medium-range AA defenses at all.Taking into account her strengths and weaknesses, the best way to play Amagi is to stay at medium ranges and use her heavy and accurate broadside to get rid of the enemy cruisers and destroyers. Because of her 16-inch guns, she can overmatch all cruiser plating up to Tier X. Once they are cleared, then it's time for the fun to begin and you can start moving into brawling range. With her powerful broadside, she is more than capable of brawling with any battleship, even if they are Tier X.
- Good top speed of 30 knots..
- Heaviest broadside weight at tier with ten 410mm rifles.
- Fairly accurate guns with excellent AP, hard hitting HE and decent shell velocity for both.
- An AP salvo against an enemy broadside can potentially destroy anything including Tier X.
- Powerful secondary battery that can send out 110 shells per minute per side.
- Good health pool.
- Angling can bring about surprising bounces and/or mitigate heavy damage.
- While she is a battlecruiser, she has a turtleback armor scheme that makes her very resistant to citadels, especially at closer ranges, making her an amazing brawler against other battleships especially combined with her broadside
- Final hull has an immense TDS bulge, Providing extra protection both from shells and torpedoes.
- Rather underwhelming firing range of 18/20 km compared to her Tier VIII adversaries, North Carolina and Bismarck, though not very uncomfortable compared to the likes of Monarch and Roma.
- Armor plating is vulnerable to battleship shells that catch her side.
- 32mm Bow can get overmatched by 460mm guns on Yamato, with a high chance of smashing through to the citadel.
- Slow rudder shift combined with a large turning radius makes it difficult to dodge torpedoes, although this is partly compensated for by her impressive torpedo protection of 43%.
- Main turrets often get knocked out.
- Rather high detection radius.
- Weak AA flak bubble. Expect the planes to get close enough.
The recommended upgrades for Amagi are as follows:
- Slot 1: Main Armaments Modification 1
- Slot 2: Damage Control System Modification 1
- Slot 3: Aiming Systems Modification 1
- Slot 4: Damage Control System Modification 2
- Slot 5: Concealment System Modification 1
Upgrade Slot 1 provides two viable options. The first is Main Armaments Modification 1 , which increases the survivability and reduces repair time of the main armament. If AA defense is more desirable, take Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 to increase the survivability of AA and secondary battery mounts.
Upgrade Slot 3 provides options for specialization in certain roles. Aiming Systems Modification 1 is typically recommended for ship to ship combat. For AA defense, AA Guns Modification 1 can be mounted instead to reinforce the long-range flak guns. A secondary build is not advised.
Upgrade Slot 5 should be filled with Concealment System Modification 1 , which reduces ship detectability and increases dispersion of enemy shells fired at the ship.
|Recommended Commander Skills|
AAA & ASW Expert
Super-Heavy AP Shells
Focus Fire Training
Manual Secondary Battery Aiming
Close Quarters Combat
|Key: ★★★ - Extremely Useful ★★ - Frequently Useful ★ - Occasionally Useful No stars - Not Useful|
Amagi can equip the following consumables:
SignalsAmagi comes with 21 signal flag slots. The three most important flags are India Delta , Juliet Yankee Bissotwo , and India Yankee ; all of which improve surviveability. Another good signal to mount would be November Echo Setteseven , to give Amagi`s AA a slight further increase for self-protection. If the captain insists on a Secondary Build, the addition of Mike Yankee Soxisix will further improve the performance of the secondaries.
- Yokosuka Naval Yard; Yokosuka, Japan
- Laid down: 16 December 1920
- Scrapped: 14 April 1924
- 41,217 tons displacement, standard
- 251.8m length
- 30.8m beam
- 9.5m draft
- 19 boilers, 4 turbines
- 30 knots at 131,200 shaft horsepower
- 8,000nm at 14 knots
- Main belt: 254mm
- Decks: 98mm
- Bulkheads: 73mm
- Barbettes and Turrets: 229-280mm barbette, 356mm turrets
- Conning tower: 356mm
- Ten (5x2) 410mm guns
- Sixteen (16x1) 140mm guns
- Four (4x1) 120mm guns
- Eight (2x4) 610mm torpedo tubes
The Amagi class (天城型 Amagi-gata?) was a series of four battlecruisers planned for the Imperial Japanese Navy as part of the so-called Eight-eight fleet. The ships were to be named Amagi, Akagi, Atago, and Takao (initially named Ashitaka), after the mountains Amagi, Akagi, Atago, and Takao. The Amagi design was essentially a lengthened version of the Tosa-class battleship, but with a thinner armored belt and deck and a modified secondary battery arrangement.
Limitations imposed by the 1922 Washington Naval Treaty prevented the class from being completed as designed. However, the treaty had a limited allowance for hulls already under construction to be converted into aircraft carriers. Amagi and Akagi were both intended for conversion, but an earthquake damaged the hull of Amagi so extensively that the ship was scrapped. Akagi was reconstructed as an aircraft carrier and served with distinction as part of the Kido Butai during the Second World War, participating in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor before being sunk at the Battle of Midway.
Amagi’s stock Hull (A) represents how the ship would have looked after a theoretical mid-1930's refit (had she been completed), while Hull (B) is a what-if variant circa 1944.
- Her 25 mm anti-aircraft guns did not begin development until 1935. The triple mount version only entered service in 1941.
- Actual anti-aircraft complement was six (6) 120mm L/45 guns.
Ship Change Log
See here for links to Update notes.
- Added to the game in Update 0.1.5 (alpha version).
- Update 0.2.2.5:
- High-explosive secondary battery shells were replaced with armor-piercing shells.
- Update 0.3.1:
- Reduced the accuracy of the 152 mm secondary battery guns.
- Update 0.3.1.1:
- The stock rudder shift was returned to the values of Update 0.3.0 after reworking the ship movement mechanics in Update 0.3.1.
- Update 0.4.0:
- Added a new stock hull.
- Update 0.5.0:
- A new intermediate hull was added for researching.
- Update 0.5.2:
- Increased rudder shift times:
- On the stock hull by +1.62 s.
- On researchable hulls by +2.2s.
- Experience earnings reduced by -6%.
- Update 0.5.3.2:
- Type 8 camouflage was renamed to Type 10.
- Update 0.5.6:
- AA defenses were reinforced for the top hull. The ship's secondary guns were also improved.
- Hull (C): 25mm/60 Type96 Twin mod. 1 AA mounts were replaced with 25mm/60 Type96 Triple mod. 1 mounts. As a result, the average AA damage within the 3.1km AA engagement area radius increased by 26 points (from 189 to 215 points).
- Firing range of her secondary guns was increased by 0.5km (from 4.5km to 5km).
- Update 0.5.11:
- The armored model of the hull was refined.
- Update 0.6.0:
- Updated models of main battery turrets.
- Hull (A) was removed from the game. Instead, a new hull was created, similar to Hull (B) in everything except for HP and rudder shift speed. These parameters remained at the levels of the first Hull (A).
- Update 0.6.2:
- The national flag was moved from the stern to the mast.
- Update 0.6.6:
- Improved appearance of the ship using a special technology for high-quality rendering of thin elements (mainly rigging).
- The conning tower armor was fixed. This change will not affect gameplay in any way.
- Update 0.6.12:
- Detectability when firing main guns in smoke changed to 16.9 km.
- Detection range of the Aichi E13A1B aircraft was increased from 4 km to 7 km in air, and to 8 km by sea.
- Update 0.6.14:
- Minor fixes to the textures and geometry of the ship. The changes do not affect the game balance in any way.
- Update 0.7.2:
- Players who have collected the "Rewards" sub-collection of the "Yamomoto Isoroku" collection can use an alternate permanent camouflage color.
- Update 0.7.6:
- Improved display of thin elements on the hull.
- Update 0.7.11:
- Armor-piercing shells of 140-mm secondary battery guns were replaced with high-explosive shells.
- Update 0.9.5:
- Small changes to geometry and textures.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect conning tower armor. Now the thickness of the armor of the cabin is 356 mm.
- Update 0.9.7:
- Minor fixes to geometry and textures.
- Update 0.9.11:
- Fixed geometry and textures of the ship.
- Update 0.10.0:
- The firing range of the secondary battery was increased to 6.6 km.
- Update 0.11.7:
- Fixed the geometry and textures of the Avenger permanent camouflage.