Revision as of 21:34, 24 November 2019 by
Clans are player managed organizations that exist within the game client. Players can join a clan at no cost - however, they must apply or be invited. If a player so chooses, he or she can start a clan for 2,500 . Though there is no requirement to be in a clan, membership carries benefits. Besides allowing for faster communication through the clan-chat interface, members benefit from in-game perks provided by developing structures within the clan's Naval Base. These structures are built using Oil (), which is a clan-specific resource earned by members for simply playing the game. Additionally, membership in a clan allows for players to partake in the Clan Battles game mode.
Clans are structured in hierarchal order:
|Commander||Can build structures on the clan Naval Base, see the amount of Oil () obtained by clan members who hid their statistics, edit the clan name, tag, and description, modify the positions of clan members, send invites and accept applications to the clan, remove players from the clan, disband the clan.|
|Executive Officer||Has the same permissions as the Commander, with the exception that they cannot remove the Commander or other Executive Officers from the clan.|
|Recruiter||Can send invites and accept applications to the clan.|
|Line Officer||No permissions.|
Starting a Clan
- To begin the process of starting a clan, click the "Clans" button while on the port screen.
- Upon opening the "clans" page, navigate to the left side of the screen. A short list of options will be available. Click "Create Clan."
- Here, players can create a clan. First, players will need to choose their clan tag. Enter the desired clan tag in the box. If the clan tag is unavailable or prohibited, a small notification will appear. If nothing appears, the clan tag is available. Next, type the full name of the clan. Once satisfied, click "Create Clan." Keep in mind that starting a clan requires doubloons. The normal cost to start a clan is 2,500 .
Managing Clan Members
- Managing a clan in World of Warships is relatively simple. While on the clan's Naval Base, scroll down to view the members of the clan.
- Click on the check box next to the member who is to be managed.
- Upon selection, three options will become available. "Modify Position" will allow a commander to promote or demote clan members to different roles. "Delegate Authority" will promote the selected member to commander, relinquishing the player's command. "Exclude" will remove the selected player from the clan.
Managing the Clan's Description, Name, Tag, and Rules
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to the clan's name with the banner next to it.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear with multiple management options. Choose the desired option to edit the parameter.
Joining a Clan
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to "Clan Search."
- Use the search bar to find a clan to join.
- After inspecting the clan, click "Join Clan" to begin an application.
- Click "Join Clan" to send an application.
- To view the application status, click "My Applications" on the Naval Base page.The application will appear with a status on the right side. A letter icon means that the clan's commander has yet to make a decision. An 'X' means the application was rejected. A check mark means the application was accepted.
Leaving a Clan
- Similar to the process of editing the clan's parameters, while on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to the clan's name with the banner next to it.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear with multiple management options. Click "Leave Clan" and follow the prompt.
- It needs 72 hours before rejoining a clan.