Revision as of 23:27, 10 January 2020 by
Clans are player managed organizations that exist within the game client. Players can join a clan at no cost - however, they must apply or be invited. If a player so chooses, he or she can start a clan for 2,500 . Though there is no requirement to be in a clan, membership carries benefits. Besides allowing for faster communication through the clan-chat interface, members benefit from in-game perks provided by developing structures within the clan's Naval Base. These structures are built using Oil (), which is a clan-specific resource earned by members for simply playing the game. Additionally, membership in a clan allows for players to partake in the Clan Battles game mode.
Clans are structured in hierarchically:
|Commander||Can build structures on the clan Naval Base, see the amount of Oil () obtained by clan members with hidden statistics, edit the clan name, tag, and description, modify the rank of clan members, send invites and accept applications, remove members, disband the clan, etc. Can form divisions for Clan Battles.|
|Executive Officer||Has the same permissions as the Commander, except cannot remove the Commander or other Executive Officers, or disband the clan.|
|Recruiter||Can send invitations and accept applications to the clan. Can form divisions for Clan Battles.|
|Commissioned Officer||No permissions.|
|Line Officer||No permissions.|
Starting a Clan
- Click the "Clans" button on the main bar of the Port screen.
- On the left side of the screen that opens click "Create Clan."
- Enter the desired clan tag, also know as a clan hack. If the clan tag is unavailable or prohibited, a small notification will appear. If nothing appears, the clan tag is available.
- Type in the full name of the clan. When satisfied,
- Click "Create Clan".
Managing Clan Members
- Managing a clan in World of Warships is relatively simple. While on the clan's Naval Base, scroll down to view the members of the clan.
- Click on the check box next to the member who is to be managed.
- Upon selection, three options will become available. "Modify Position" will allow a commander to promote or demote clan members to different roles. "Delegate Authority" will promote the selected member to commander, relinquishing the player's command. "Exclude" will remove the selected player from the clan.
Managing the Clan's Description, Name, Tag, and Rules
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to the clan's name with the banner next to it.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear with multiple management options. Choose the desired option to edit the parameter.
Joining a Clan
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to "Clan Search."
- Use the search bar to find a clan to join.
- After inspecting the clan, click "Join Clan" to begin an application.
- Click "Join Clan" to send an application.
- To view the application status, click "My Applications" on the Naval Base page.The application will appear with a status on the right side. A letter icon means that the clan's commander has yet to make a decision. An 'X' means the application was rejected. A check mark means the application was accepted.
Leaving a Clan
- Similar to the process of editing the clan's parameters, while on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to the clan's name with the banner next to it.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear with multiple management options. Click "Leave Clan" and follow the prompt.
- The following confirmation page will appear:
- After leaving, you may not join a clan for 72 hours.
On the Port Main Bar, the right-most option is either "Clan" if you are not in a clan, or the abbreviation of your clan if you are.
Create a Clan