- 1 Organization
- 2 The naval base
- 3 Member list
- 4 Clan pages when you are in a clan
- 5 Clan pages when you're not in a clan
- 6 Notes
Clans are structured hierarchically:
|Commander||Can build structures on the clan Naval Base, see the amount of Oil () obtained by clan members with hidden statistics, edit the clan name, tag, and description, modify the rank of clan members, send invites and accept applications, remove members, disband the clan, etc. Can form divisions for Clan Battles.|
|Executive Officer||Same as the Commander, except cannot remove other Executive Officers or disband the clan.|
|Recruiter||Can send invitations and accept applications to the clan. Can form divisions for Clan Battles.|
|Commissioned Officer||No permissions.|
|Line Officer||No permissions.|
Joining a Clan
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to "Clan Search."
- Use the search bar to find a clan to join.
- After inspecting the clan, click "Join Clan" to begin an application.
- Click "Join Clan" to send an application.
- To view the application status, click "My Applications" on the Naval Base page.The application will appear with a status on the right side. A letter icon means that the clan's commander has yet to make a decision. An 'X' means the application was rejected. A check mark means the application was accepted.
For most players, the primary attraction of a clan is the benefits that its members gain from development of the clan's naval base. As the naval base grows, there are increasing bonuses to member experience and earned resources, and discounts on ships.
A less widely used but no less important benefit is the ability to participate in Clan Battles.
Clan pages when you are in a clan
Managing a clan
Managing a clan in World of Warships is relatively simple. In your member list:
- Click on the check box next to the member who is to be managed.
- Upon selection, three options will become available. "Modify Position" will allow a commander to promote or demote clan members to different roles. "Delegate Authority" will promote the selected member to commander, relinquishing the player's command. "Exclude" will remove the selected player from the clan.
Managing the Clan's Description, Name, Tag, and Rules
- While on the clan's Naval Base page, navigate to the clan's name with the banner next to it.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear with multiple management options. Choose the desired option to edit the parameter.
Leaving a Clan
A clan member is free to leave at any time. There are consequences: You will not be able to associate to a new clan for 72 hours; to join another clan you will have to go through the application process; and to start receiving clan benefits first you will have to earn a certain amount of Oil . To leave:
- Navigate to the clan's Naval Base.
- Click on the clan's name with the banner next to it. A pop-down menu will appear. Click "Leave Clan".
On the Port Main Bar, the right-most option is either "Clan" if you are not in a clan, or your clan's hack if you are.
The following pages are seen by a player who is not a clan member.
These pages are designed to help you find, evaluate, and join (or create) a clan.
The search function can locate a clan by tag (hack) or by name. Once found, the naval base and members list is available, along with clan rules, etc. And you can apply to join it.
Looking for the WOLFZ clan. (Partial hacks are allowed. "WOLF" returns 122 results.) Enter the clan hack "WOLFZ" and press <Enter>.
The system finds some clans that it thinks might fit your preferences. You can set explicit preferences by clicking "My In-game Preference". Scroll right or left for more recommendations.
On this page your invitations or applications can be displayed. This account has made two applications. It was accepted to one (and subsequently left). The application to another is still pending.
A clan member with the rank of 'Recruiter' or above can use the Requests tab to view current applications to join the clan as well as to view active invitations to members outside of the clan.
- Click the "Clans" button on the main bar of the Port screen.
- On the left side of the screen that opens click "Create Clan."
- If you haven't already, read the Clan Rules (link lower right of the page).
- Enter the desired clan tag (also known as a 'clan hack'). If the tag is unavailable or prohibited, a small orange notification will appear.
- Type in the full name of the clan.
- Click "Create Clan".
Congratulations! As the clan creator, you are automatically assigned the rank of Commander. See #elsewhere for managing your new clan.
Members of a clan may wish to view their recent performance during Clan Battles. When a user opens this page, they will be greeted with a list of the clan's past battles. From here, clicking on a battle will display further information about that battle including, the players and what ships they were playing, the map and how many points were won or lost.