|Revision as of 19:45, 21 May 2019||Revision as of 01:24, 5 June 2019|
Added performance review, along with Pros & Cons
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|3. Write a brief summary paragraph of 1-3 sentences highlighting the key takeaways from the paragraphs above.||3. Write a brief summary paragraph of 1-3 sentences highlighting the key takeaways from the paragraphs above.|
||Pros=<!-- write list of positive points below. use * as in ordinary wiki-list. -->|||Pros=<!-- write list of positive points below. use * as in ordinary wiki-list. -->|
||Cons=<!-- write list of negative points below. use * as in ordinary wiki-list. -->|||Cons=<!-- write list of negative points below. use * as in ordinary wiki-list. -->|
||Research=<!-- write text about priority sequence of research below -->|||Research=<!-- write text about priority sequence of research below -->|
Revision as of 01:24, 5 June 2019
|305 mm/52 Model 19075 х 2 pcs.|
|Rate of Fire1.67 shots/min.|
|Reload Time36 sec.|
|Rotation Speed3.2 deg./sec.|
|180 Degree Turn Time56.25 sec.|
|Firing Range11.48 km.|
|Maximum Dispersion169 m.|
|HE Shell305 mm HE Model 1911|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage4,500|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell33 %|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity762 m./s.|
|HE Shell Weight470.9 kg.|
|AP Shell305 mm AP Model 1911|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage8,600|
|Initial AP Shell Velocity762 m./s.|
|AP Shell Weight470.9 kg.|
|120 mm/50 Model 190514 х 1 pcs.|
|Firing Range3 km.|
|Rate of Fire7 shots/min.|
|Reload Time8.57 sec.|
|HE Shell120 mm HE Model 1907|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage1,700|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity823 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shel8 %|
|Maximum Speed22 knot|
|Turning Circle Radius650 m.|
|Rudder Shift Time13.6 sec.|
|Surface Detectability Range11.7 km.|
|Air Detectability Range7.51 km.|
Knyaz Suvorov — Soviet Tier III battleship.
Originating from a project to design a "large high-speed battleship with modern artillery", created on the basis of the experience of the Russo-Japanese War (the New Shipbuilding project). The battleship's armament was represented by 305 mm guns with outstanding ballistic qualities for their time.
|Rate of Fire|
|180° Turn Time|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage
|305 mm/52 Model 1907||1.7||56.25||169||4,500||33||8,600||0||32,000|
|Secondary Gun Turrets|
|K. Suvorov (A)||35,600||10||203||5||14||0||0||74,000|
|K. Suvorov (B)||37,900||10||203||5||14||8||0||1,600||160,000|
|Firing Range Increase|
|Maximum Firing Range
|GFCS III mod. 1||0||11.5||0||24,000|
|GFCS III mod. 2||10||12.6||800||80,000|
Knyaz Suvorov is a very peculiar Tier III battleship which favors a brawler playstyle, but not in the traditional sense.
The armor layout, speed, and maneuverability of the Knyaz Suvorov favors run-through attacks as opposed to the usual "wagon wheel" swirling turn. If successfully baited into the mistake of doing so, other battleship captains which commit to a turning fight will end up giving you their broadside at an easy range for devastating AP shell hits. Her 22-knot top speed also means that she is an excellent ship for supporting and divisioning up with slower "protected" cruisers such as Bogatyr and Saint Louis which have faster firing but lower-alpha guns.
Suvorov is not without her weaknesses though...her main guns have lackluster maximum and effective range compared to other Tier III battleships and cannot reliably hit even the largest of ships at maximum range. On top of that, her armor scheme does not conform to the "all-or-nothing" schemes found on other ships, meaning citadel protection is sacrificed for increased overall hull protection.At the end of the day, the Suvorov can be a valuable offensive or defensive asset to any team if the captain employs the right tactics and has teammates willing to support them.
- Good accuracy at close ranges.
- Second-fastest rudder shift of all Tier III battleships. Good for dodging long range fire.
- Strong overall hull armor tanks DD and cruiser HE shells not using the Inertia Fuse commander skill.
- Good top speed. Second-fastest Tier III battleship.
- Fast-reloading Damage Control party consumable found on the rest of the Russian BB line.
- Slowest unmodified main battery reload time in the game along with Gangut.
- Abysmal long-range dispersion. Effective range of the guns is roughly 65% of maximum firing range.
- Poor turning circle radius offsets the good rudder shift time, averaging out overall agility.
- Citadel is not protected well enough for traditional dueling. Showing full broadside is a death sentence.
- Limited charges on the Damage Control Party consumable common to all Russian BBs.
Knyaz Suvorov, YEAR
- Builder: Yard; City, Country
- Laid down: DD MONTH YEAR
- Launched: DD MONTH YEAR
- Commissioned: DD MONTH YEAR
- XX tons displacement, standard
- XXm length
- XXm beam
- XXm draft
- XX knots at XX shaft horsepower
- XX nm at XX knots
- Main belt:
- Upper belt:
- Torpedo bulkhead:
- Barbettes and Turrets:
- Conning tower:
Knyaz Suvorov (Russian: Князь Суворов) was a Borodino-class pre-dreadnought battleship built for the Imperial Russian Navy in the first decade of the 20th century. Named after the 18th-century Russian general Prince (Knyaz) Alexander Suvorov, the ship was completed after the beginning of the Russo-Japanese War in 1904. She became the flagship of Vice Admiral Zinovy Rozhestvensky, commander of the Second Pacific Squadron that was sent to the Far East a few months after her completion to break the Japanese blockade of Port Arthur. The Japanese captured the port while the squadron was in transit and their destination was changed to Vladivostok. Knyaz Suvorov was sunk during the Battle of Tsushima on 27 May 1905. During the battle, the ship fell out of the main battle line after a shell hit her bridge, killing her helmsman and wounding her captain and Rozhestvensky. She was eventually torpedoed and sunk by Japanese torpedo boats; other than the 20 wounded officers evacuated by a destroyer there were no survivors.
- Knyaz Suvorov is actually the name of a Borodino-class pre-dreadnought that was sunk in the Battle of Tsushima in 1905.
- This ship is loosely based on the a Skvortsov M1907 Dreadnought design.
- The original layout sported a relatively modern arrangement of the secondary guns in low-profile twin turrets, whereas Wargaming opted to instead mount them as traditional casemates to the sides thus significantly raising the middle deck superstructure and the main gun turrets there.
- The ship is armed with an anti-aircraft suite roughly six times the expected guns for the time period.