Basics of Scenarios
What are they?
Scenarios are a Player vs. Environment (PvE) game mode in which you team up with up to six other players to complete several tasks. Do well and you are rewarded. Do poorly, and you have wasted a lot of time. The emphasis of this game mode is on teamwork in order to complete objectives. The more objectives you complete, the more rewards you earn.
What ships can I take?
What can I earn?
Depending on the tasks you complete, you can earn signal flags up to a day of premium time. At the end of each operation, a splash screen will appear to break down your earned rewards. Use this to gauge your success. You can only earn each reward once, however. See the below table for more information.
There are currently four scenarios.
- Hold out until the arrival of the allied attack squadron. Save at least one onshore installation or support ship.
- All onshore installations and support ships at the base must survive.
- Don't allow enemies to enter your main defense perimeter before the main attack starts.
- Additional task if successful: Defend allied aircraft carrier.
- Additional task if failed: Destroy enemy aircraft carrier Koku-Bokan.
- Ensure at least three ships in your task force survive until the arrival of the allies.
- Destroy all enemy ships before the main attack starts.
The battle consists of three preliminary waves and the main attack wave.
Preliminary waves are as follows:
- Kuma, Yūbari, Tenryu, Chikuma. These will spawn to one side, either the east or the north.
- Isokaze, T-22, Kaiser, Ishizuchi, Zuiho. These will spawn in the center, i.e. the northeast.
- Gaede, Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Aoba, Nürnberg, Myoko.
If any ships from the preliminary waves breach the main defense perimeter (marked by a large "cap circle"), the corresponding objective will be failed and the main attack will start immediately.