Update 0.11.0 – Pan-Asian Cruisers: Part 1
Pan-Asian Cruisers ● Asymmetric Battles ● Rental Superships ● Division Stars ● Submarines • Brawls ● Changes to Aircraft ● Armory ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes
Captains! While the new update is being rolled out, the server will be down
from: Wed. Jan. 19 2:00 AM PT / Wed. Jan. 19 4:00 AM Central
until: Wed. Jan. 19 5:00 AM PT / Wed. Jan. 19 7:00 AM Central
The following new features await you in Update 0.11.0:
- Early Access to Pan-Asian cruisers.
- Asymmetric Battles: Teams face off against each other in battles with differing numbers of ships and different ship tiers.
- Rental superships are now available in Random Battles.
- Two Brawls.
- 1 Update 0.11.0 – Pan-Asian Cruisers: Part 1
- 1.1 Pan-Asian Cruisers
- 1.2 Lunar New Year
- 1.3 Asymmetric Battles
- 1.4 Rental Superships
- 1.5 Division Stars
- 1.6 Submarines
- 1.7 Brawls
- 1.8 Changes to Aircraft
- 1.9 Armory
- 1.10 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.11 Other Changes
The ships of the new branch have small-caliber guns with high rates of fire and powerful deepwater torpedoes, but they cannot boast of having high survivability.
- All ships in the branch are equipped with a variant of the Smoke Generator consumable with a reduced cooldown time.
- The new Tier VI and higher cruisers have Defensive AA Fire.
- The Tier VII and higher ships have the Torpedo Reload Booster consumable.
- IX Sejong and X Jinan are equipped with Repair Party.
Rewards: Completing combat missions will earn you a new temporary resource — Pan-Asian Tokens — as well as ships V Chungking and VII Chumphon for completing the second and fourth combat mission groups, respectively.
Pan-Asian Tokens can also be obtained from random bundles available for Doubloons, free daily bundles, and in exchange for Community Tokens in the Armory.
Pan-Asian Tokens are a new temporary resource that can be earned for completing combat mission groups. Moreover, Pan-Asian Tokens can be obtained from random bundles available for Doubloons, free daily bundles, and in exchange for Community Tokens in the Armory.
The Dragon Port has been updated to celebrate the arrival of the Pan-Asian cruisers in Early Access.
When Update 0.11.2 goes live, the Pan-Asian cruisers will become available for all players to research.
Lunar New Year
February 1st marks the beginning of the new year in the lunar calendar, and the start of a week-long celebration. This month begins the Year of the Tiger.
You can read about it in World of Warships in news article
The last 2 weeks of the update will see the return of Asymmetric Battles — a temporary battle type with a different distribution of ships and tiers between teams.
Starts: Wed. Feb. 02 2:00 AM PT / Wed. Feb. 02 4:00 AM Central
Ends: Wed. Feb. 16 2:00 AM PT / Wed. Feb. 16 4:00 AM Central
- Tiers: IX and X
- Number of ships: 6–8
- Tiers: VII and VIII
- Number of ships: 9–12
Asymmetric Battles are available only during a certain Prime Time period each day. This allows us to improve the balance of teams and reduce the number of bots in battle, as well as reduce their influence on the outcome of the battle. If there aren't enough players in the matchmaking queue, bots may be added to teams. Details will be available in the game client and in a dedicated article on our website.
Battle Tokens are a temporary resource that is required to enter battle playing Tier IX–X ships. You can earn these Tokens by participating in Asymmetric Battles playing Tier VII–VIII ships. When you first log in during Update 0.11.0, you will be credited enough Tokens to enter one battle playing a Tier IX–X ship.
Superships and their mechanics have been of great interest to players so far, and these ships may one day become a full-fledged part of World of Warships. In the future, we want to continue the existing branches by adding superships. We consider this to be a logical step, and we are confident that superships do not fit into Tier X because of their superiority over their "predecessors" in terms of their performance characteristics.
This is a big and important decision for World of Warships. For this reason, we've planned thorough testing of the superships based on our previous experience.
We're carefully monitoring both the data we receive and your feedback. The current Ranked season has shown that superships fit into the current game concept and have been warmly received by players.
Therefore, starting from Update 0.11.0, the testing of superships will continue not only in Ranked and Co-op Battles but also in Random Battles.
Random Battles have a different format compared to Ranked Battles — 12 vs. 12. It's important to test superships in these conditions because they significantly change the battle tempo and density, which means that the effectiveness of superships may change. The high popularity of Random Battles will allow us to collect the necessary statistics and get feedback for the further development of superships.
Only Tier IX and X ships will be able to participate in battles with superships, and the standard restrictions on the number of ships of certain types and tiers apply in battle.
Changes to Yamagiri
We have added an alternative torpedo module. You can now choose one of two sets of torpedoes under the Equipment tab:
- Type F3 (range 8 km) and Type 93 (range 20 km).
- Type 93 mod. 3 (range 12 km) and Type 93 (range 20 km).
Detailed characteristics of torpedoes are available in the game client.
Division Stars, which are available during the update, are special bonuses issued for playing together with each Clanmate.
- You can get a Division Star by playing in a Division with your Clanmates.
- The Stars can be earned in all battle types, except for Training Battles.
- Certain numbers of earned Stars unlock access to various rewards.
- If you switch Clans, any Stars and rewards you previously received remain with you.
To see the roster of Clanmates who you can team up with in a Division, as well as the list of rewards you can get, navigate to the Division Star tab in the Clans section.
By playing together with each of your Clanmates, you can get a total of up to 3 Stars—one for each fulfilled condition:
- Victory in battle.
- Earning the General Offensive achievement.
- Earning the Brothers-in-Arms achievement.
Following the Public Test of Update 0.11.0, we realized that the changes we had planned do not lead to the desired results. Submarines continue to under-perform compared to other ship types. Therefore, we decided to temporarily stop testing submarines on the Live Server so we can prepare additional changes.
From Update 0.11.0 until Update 0.11.2, submarines will not be available on the Live Server. We plan to resume testing submarines in Update 0.11.2, and additional mechanics improvements will be made ahead of that.
You can read more about the submarine test results on our Development Blog.
Two Brawls await you in Update 0.11.0.
Starts: Mon. Jan. 24 8:00 AM PT / Mon. Jan. 24 10:00 AM Central
Ends: Mon. Jan. 31 1:00 AM PT / Mon. Jan. 31 3:00 AM Central
Format: 3 vs. 3 playing Tier V ships
Restrictions: no more than two ships of each type per team
You can take part in the Brawl only during the time period specified for your server.
Starts: Mon. Feb. 07 8:00 AM PT / Mon. Feb. 07 10:00 AM Central
Ends: Mon. Feb. 14 1:00 AM PT / Mon. Feb. 14 3:00 AM Central
Format: 2 vs. 2 playing Tier VII ships
Restrictions: no more than one battleship per team
You can take part in the Brawl only during the time period specified for your server.
Game Maps and Modes
Land of Fire, Sea of Fortune, Trident, Loop, Greece, Crash Zone Alpha, and Northern Waters with a reduced combat area in Domination mode.
Changes to Aircraft
For convenience in interacting with aircraft and maintaining the progression through ship tiers, we have standardized the characteristics of all carrier-based and patrol fighters, including those carried by Premium and special ships.
The changes will not affect the amount of HP of VI Béarn fighters because powerful fighters with a small field of view are one of the features of this ship.
We have slightly reworked the aircraft camera performance during the preparation for an attack and during an attack of attack aircraft and torpedo bombers of the researchable Soviet aircraft carriers, as well as the VIII Chkalov torpedo bombers. These changes will improve the aiming experience without affecting game play.
X Incomparable — a project of a very large and high-speed battlecruiser developed in 1915 — will become available in the Armory when the update goes live.
She is armed with six powerful 508 mm main battery guns with a high rate of fire for a battleship, as well as two quadruple-tube torpedo launchers with a good torpedo range and tube-by-tube launching capabilities. The ship is capable of achieving high speeds and has decent AA defenses.
The battleship has a wide range of consumables at her disposal: Specialized Repair Teams; Short-Range Hydroacoustic Search; and Engine Boost, which is rarely found on ships of this type. She can also choose between the Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables. You can get her in exchange for 31,000 Steel.
The new Griffin permanent camouflage for X Plymouth has been added and made available in exchange for 3 Clan Tokens.
The display of the number of upgrades, camouflages, and signals already available on player accounts has been added to the Armory.
Content Additions and Changes
- The Small Fleet Encyclopedia, Medium Fleet Encyclopedia, and Grand Fleet Encyclopedia achievements, which can be earned by participating in special website activities.
- The EAT PLAY TALK 2021 achievement, which can be earned by participating in the eponymous regional event.
- The "Camouflage scheme of HMCS Sackville" permanent camouflage for VII Yukon.
- The EAT PLAY TALK 2021, Year of the Tiger, Khabarovsk, Großer Kurfürst, Symbols of Yukon, Atlântico, FR25, and "Pan-Asian Cruisers: Part 1" flags.
- The Friendship Knot and Symbols of Yukon patches.
- The Grandmaster Collector emblem for assembling a collection of 500 ships.
Details on how to get this new content will be announced later.
Changes to Containers
- Battle of Jutland containers were renamed Battle of Jutland Premium containers.
- A new Battle of Jutland container was added that drops one item from the following list:
- A ship (battleship III König Albert or V Agincourt) with a Port slot and Commander with 10 skill points, or a permanent camouflage ("To Honor Skagerrak" for König Albert or "Jutland Veteran" for Agincourt) — 1%
- 1x Battle of Jutland camouflage — 39%
- 4x signals of the same type (Zulu, Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, or Zulu Hotel) — 40%
- 1,500 Free XP — 10%
- 100,000 Credits — 10%
V Agincourt will also be available in the Armory in exchange for Doubloons.
Battle of Jutland Container Mechanics
The chances of obtaining a particular reward from a group are the same for all items in the group. If a container drops an item from the Ships and Permanent Camouflages group, you will receive an item that you do not already have. The drop chances of a specific group don't change, regardless of how many items you already have from that group.
If you already have all the ships or permanent camouflages from the list and a Battle of Jutland container drops an item from the Ships and Permanent Camouflages group, you will receive the Battle of Jutland camouflage.
Battle of Jutland containers have the guaranteed drop mechanic applied: If an item from the Ships and Permanent Camouflages group does not drop after you open 249 Battle of Jutland containers, you are guaranteed to find an item from this group in the 250th container of this type.
Detailed information about the container mechanics and how to obtain them will be published later.
Duplicate Ship Compensation
Changes to Camouflages
An alternative color scheme was added for special permanent camouflages for VIII Tirpitz and VII Scharnhorst.
Tech Tree Changes in Update 0.11.1
Several months ago, we announced changes to the German and Soviet Tech Trees. With the release of Update 0.11.1, X Grosser Kurfürst and X Khabarovsk will be replaced with X Preussen and X Delny, respectively.
After this, X Grosser Kurfürst and X Khabarovsk will be added to the Armory and become available for Coal. Detailed information about the replacement of these ships is available in a dedicated article on our website.
- If a player has X Grosser Kurfürst and X Khabarovsk in their Port when the replacement happens, they will receive compensation in the form of a sum of Credits equal to half of these ships' cost. At the same time, Grosser Kurfürst and Khabarovsk will remain on the accounts of their owners.
- Compensation for X Grosser Kurfürst is 10,300,000 Credits.
- Compensation for X Khabarovsk is 9,400,000 Credits.
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: II Curtatone, III Nazario Sauro, IV Turbine, V Maestrale, VI Aviere, VII Luca Tarigo, VIII Vittorio Cuniberti, IX Adriatico, X Attilio Regolo, VII FR25, VIII Atlântico.
- The torpedo reticle brightness now increases automatically when sun reflections are visible in the background.
- Added the wave rocking effect for boats on the Two Brothers, Hotspot, and Neighbors maps.
- Updated the names of main, anti-aircraft, and secondary guns on French, American, British, and Commonwealth ships.
- Added the ability to earn achievements when playing superships.
- With the "Custom" sound setting enabled, the audio volume of fire can be adjusted with only the "Damage audio volume" slider.
- Increased the working speed of the ship filter in the Port.
- Added the wave rocking effect for the cargo ship in all Ports.
- Fixed an error that caused the width of torpedo reticle spread to change with a delay on some ships.
- Fixed an error that caused shells fired over long distances to travel with an incorrect velocity in some cases.
- Fixed an error that caused the HP of aircraft to be displayed incorrectly if some aircraft within the attacking flight were damaged.
- Fixed an error that caused an incorrect viewing range to be displayed in the ship characteristics and the Minimap when a ship entered a cyclone.
- Fixed an error that caused the acceleration time on Satsuma and X Yamato to not change if their engines were damaged.
- Fixed an error that caused the notification about new Dockyard rewards to be displayed even after they had been received.
- Fixed an error that caused a performance decrease in the game client when switching to the torpedo reticle.
- Fixed an error that sometimes made it impossible to destroy secondary armament / anti-aircraft armament, torpedo launchers, guns, and other ship modules.
- Small fixes to geometry and textures for the following ships: Guepard, Condé, Zorkiy, Annapolis, Yamagiri, and Hannover. The changes do not affect the characteristics and game play of the ships.
- The waiting time for the start of battles on maps with a reduced combat area has been reduced to 40 seconds.
- Maps in the Training Room are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed tooltips describing the elements of Khabarovsk's armor in the Port.
- Added a tooltip to the battle interface with information about the alternative firing mode.
- The value of the Maximum Bomb Damage parameter of the Airstrike armament in the ship characteristics is now displayed as an integer.
- Reduced the audio volume of fire on ships for the Night sound preset.
- Reduced the time it takes to open the Premium Shop in the Windows Store.
- Changed the camera angles for Okhotnik.
- Reduced the wave rocking intensity for submarines.
- The animation of launching aircraft with a catapult has been added for August von Parseval, Graf Zeppelin, and Graf Zeppelin B.
- Submarines at the operating depth can now detect ships in smoke from the assured acquisition range.
- Ships in smoke can now detect submarines at the operating depth from the assured acquisition range.
- Fixed an error that caused the reticle of the Airstrike armament to move over the water's surface due to the ship's rocking.
- Fixed an error that prevented players from assigning the artillery camera to the right mouse button.
- Fixed an error that caused the camera to hover over the wrong torpedo launcher when inspecting a ship in the Port.
- Fixed landscape shapes and visual effects on the following maps: Ring, Northern Lights, Mountain Range, Tears of the Desert, and Land of Fire.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash when it was minimized while autopilot was running.
- Fixed animation errors for the Messenger of Oblivion permanent camouflage for Grosser Kurfürst.
- Fixed an error that caused the bombing animation for Friesland not to be played when using depth charges.
- Fixed an error that caused the client to crash after opening the Clans tab in the Port.
- Fixed an error that caused the battle counters to be displayed incorrectly on the ship tier chart in players' profile statistics.
- Fixed an error that caused the Commander name to overlap the borders of the tooltip when dismissing the Commander.
- Fixed an error that might have prevented bot ships from moving in Operation Killer Whale.
- Fixed an error that caused fire and flooding to be displayed incorrectly when observing another player's ship.
- Fixed an error that caused the depth charge interface to be displayed incorrectly after reentering a battle.
- Fixed an error that caused spectators in the Training Room to hear the sound of submarine sonar pings.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash when the battle ended at the same time as a tooltip appeared above the armament panel.
- Fixed visual errors in the Designer's Table and Saint Petersburg Ports.
- Fixed an error that caused TAA anti-aliasing to work incorrectly for aircraft carrier squadrons.
- Fixed an error that caused the Hydrophone visual effect of submarines to be visible to other players.
- Fixed an incorrect animation for the opening of submarine torpedo bays.
- Fixed an error that caused a collision alert indicator to block clicking the mouse cursor when selecting a priority target for secondary battery guns.
- Fixed errors in the voiceover for Commander Yang Wen-Li.
- Fixed an error that caused the launch sound not to be played when torpedoes were launched individually from several torpedo launchers.
- Fixed an error that caused the engine boost sound not to be played for aircraft carrier squadrons.
- Fixed an error that caused the sounds of waves approaching ships not to be played when using the Engine Boost consumable.
- Fixed an error that prevented the amount of XP from updating immediately after the end of a battle when playing Premium ships.
- Fixed an error that caused anti-submarine weaponry to be displayed in the interface when it was unavailable for use in Ranked Battles.
- Fixed an error that caused the effects of shells hitting ships to be displayed incorrectly after these ships had been sunk.
- Fixed an error that sometimes prevented players from selecting a ship and confirming readiness in the Training Room.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash when using the ship's horn frequently.
- Fixed a bug that caused submarines to be affected by a 20-second detectability penalty after using a sonar ping.
- Fixed a bug that caused ships' detectability to increase for submarines after firing main battery guns while in smoke.
- Fixed an error that caused submarines to start battles immediately inside the Epicenter's outer capture circle on the Islands of Ice map.
- Other improvements and changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.