Captains! Due to the installation of the update, the server will be unavailable
from: Wed. Nov. 2 3:00 AM PT / Wed. Nov. 2 5:00 AM Central (U.S.)
until: Wed. Nov. 2 6:00 AM PT / Wed. Nov. 2 8:00 AM Central (U.S.)
Update 0.11.10: Japanese Light Cruisers
U.S. and German Submarines in the Tech Tree ● Graphics Improvements ● Battle Pass ● Dealing With Unsporting Conduct ● New Clan Battles Season ● Brawls ● Game Balance Changes ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 Update 0.11.10: Japanese Light Cruisers
- 1.1 Early Access to Japanese Light Cruisers
- 1.2 U.S. and German Submarines in the Tech Tree
- 1.3 Graphics Improvements
- 1.4 Battle Pass
- 1.5 Dealing with Unsporting Conduct
- 1.6 Clan Battles
- 1.7 Brawls
- 1.8 Game Balance Changes
- 1.8.1 Changes to Ships
- 1.8.2 Changes in Ranked Battles Season 9
- 1.8.3 Changes in the Exterior tab
- 1.8.4 Changes in unlocking access to the Research Bureau
- 1.8.5 Changes to the balance of Operations
- 1.8.6 New achievement
- 1.8.7 New Commander testing
- 1.8.8 New content
- 1.8.9 Black Friday
- 1.8.10 New ships
- 1.9 Other Changes and Improvements
Early Access to Japanese Light Cruisers
The new ships have a good firing range starting from Tier VII, so medium and long ranges are optimal for engagements. From Tier VIII and higher, the cruisers have a large number of main battery guns, but it also takes longer for them to reload.
The ships have good concealment, and they are armed with long-range torpedoes that inflict heavy damage. This allows them to escape from artillery duels or, if necessary, approach the enemy unnoticed within attack range. The torpedo tubes of the Tier VII and higher cruisers have turning mechanics.
- V Agano, VI Gokase, and VIII Shimanto are available in sequential bundles.
- VII Omono is the final reward for completing combat mission groups.
- IX Takahashi can be obtained via random bundles available for Doubloons.
- X Yodo will be available to purchase for Doubloons at the end of a sequential bundle chain.
The Port of Zipangu has been updated to celebrate the event!
You can find more details in a dedicated article on our website.
U.S. and German Submarines in the Tech Tree
When Update 0.11.10 goes live, U.S. and German Tier VI–X submarines will become available for all players to research.
German submarines have low detectability and high dive capacity, but they also have a slow dive capacity recharge rate.
- The acoustic homing torpedoes of the German submarines have a long range, while their alternative torpedoes have a short range.
- Due to the large number of loaders, all submarine torpedo tubes are reloaded simultaneously.
- The reload time of each individual torpedo tube is higher than that of U.S. submarines.
- The German submarines have a short sonar cooldown time and emit a narrow, slow sonar ping.
- A distinctive feature of the branch is access to the Reserve Battery Unit consumable, as well as the improved Submarine Surveillance consumable with a long range.
U.S. submarines have a smaller dive capacity, but it recharges faster.
- The sonar has a longer cooldown, but its ping is wider and travels faster, making it easier to hit targets.
- Their acoustic homing torpedoes have a shorter range than German torpedoes, while their alternative torpedoes have a long range.
- Each individual torpedo tube has a short reload time, but due to the small number of loaders, they cannot all be reloaded simultaneously.
- U.S. submarines have access to the Enhanced Rudder Gears consumable. Their Hydrophone has a long range and short cooldown time, and the duration of their Damage Control Party consumable has been increased.
Work on improving the visual component of our game continues. Update 0.11.10 delivers a number of improvements.
- The following maps received new HD textures: Mountain Range, North, Strait, Estuary, and Northern Lights. A more realistic aurora effect has been added to the Northern Lights map.
Mountain Range North Strait Estuary Northern Lights
- Vegetation rendering has been improved on all maps, and a surf effect has been added on all maps with HD textures.
- We've added realistic wetness effects that make only the ship hull parts that come into contact with water appear wet. Water now washes away any snow that has settled on ships.
- Dynamic reflections have been added to all ship surfaces.
- The effect of water being displaced sideways by moving ships has also been improved. Waves can now interact with buoys and bounce off islands and other obstacles.
There is more coverage of the graphical improvements in this article.
Starting with Update 0.11.10, the game offers a Battle Pass (BP) feature. A new BP will start with the release of each update and remain active until the start of the next one.
The BP progress bar is divided into levels. You'll need Battle Pass Points to fill the bar and advance to higher levels. These can be earned as a reward for completing daily and weekly combat missions.
Two reward chains are available to you — Free and Premium. They share a single progress bar, but you need to purchase access to the Premium chain.
Free Battle Pass
Among the free rewards, you can find various containers, Free and Elite Commander XP, Credits, Coal, Steel, Research Points, and Port slots.
The total value of the free chain rewards is comparable to the value of the rewards that were obtainable from daily, weekly, and monthly combat missions prior to the release of Update 0.11.10.
Premium Battle Pass
The Premium chain will offer additional rewards, including Coal; Research Points; Credits; Free XP and Elite Commander XP; Steel; and economic bonuses of various levels, including unique ones.
VII Tokachi is the final reward of the Premium chain in Update 0.11.10. Another advantage of the Premium chain is that players who have access to it can purchase BP levels in exchange for Doubloons.
To complete the entire BP, you need fewer points than you can earn from all combat missions. This means that you can miss some of the missions and still be able to complete the BP. If you continue completing combat missions after completing the BP, you'll receive fixed additional rewards.
You can also purchase a large Battle Pass pack. It unlocks access to the Premium chain and additional resource bonuses. These bonuses work similarly to the Naval Base bonuses. They will remain active throughout the entire BP. With the large pack, you gain access to special combat missions that will bring you extra Battle Pass Points.
More details about the Battle Pass are available in this dedicated article.
Dealing with Unsporting Conduct
The unsporting conduct penalty system has received a number of improvements in Update 0.11.10.
The main goals of these changes are to improve and generally make the definition of inaction in battle more accurate, as well as to eliminate situations where players could, for various reasons, avoid penalties for unsporting conduct. We've finalized and added to the existing criteria, and we've also updated the procedure for checking players for the violator status.
Players who receive a penalty for unsporting conduct in battle do not receive Credits or XP for that battle. In Ranked Battles, such players do not receive Stars if their team wins. If the situation is repeated, the color of the violator's nickname changes, and in order to remove the violator status, they need to fight a certain number of battles without any violations. If the violations do not stop, the penalty can be toughened up to a restriction on entry into certain battle types.
For users with the Windows 10 operating system, a system notification has been added with a suggestion to return to the battle if the client was minimized during the battle.
Update 0.11.10 kicks off Clan Battles Season 19—Barracuda—in a 7 vs. 7 format with Tier X ships.
Starts: Wed. Nov. 09 4:30 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Nov. 09 5:30 AM
Ends: Sun. Jan. 15 8:30 PM PT / your local time: Sun. Jan. 15 9:30 PM
We'll release more details about the new Clan Battles season in a [ dedicated article].
Starts: Mon. Nov. 07 9:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Nov. 07 10:00 AM
Ends: Mon. Nov. 14 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Nov. 14 3:00 AM
Update 0.11.10 features four Brawls. Round 1 utilizes a 4 vs. 4 format with Tier V ships.
More details about this and subsequent rounds of Brawls will be available in [ dedicated articles] on our website.
Game Balance Changes
Changes to Ships
The torpedo used by the researchable torpedo bomber squadron has been replaced with a similar one used by the standard torpedo bomber squadron.
Main battery reload time reduced from 27 to 26 s.
- Main battery firing range increased from 19.1 to 19.6 km.
- Sigma value increased from 1.8 to 1.85 Ω.
- Main battery firing range increased from 20.7 to 21.1 km.
- Sigma value increased from 1.8 to 1.85 Ω.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 30 to 29 sec.
Changes in Ranked Battles Season 9
Based on your feedback and statistics, we decided to exclude the Islands of Ice map from the list of maps for Ranked Battles Season 9.
Changes in the Exterior tab
The "Special" group of camouflage patterns sitting under the Exterior tab has been split into the following two groups of camouflages: "Special" and "Trophy." These camouflages can now be sold.
Changes in unlocking access to the Research Bureau
Update 0.11.10 brings changes to the methods of gaining access to the Research Bureau. From now on, access is only available to players who have researched at least five of any Tier X ships.
The Research Points you earn before unlocking access will remain on your account, but they can be spent only after you gain access. If you already have access to the Bureau, nothing will change for you.
Changes to the balance of Operations
Based on your feedback and statistics, we decided to simplify the following Operations: Hermes, Cherry Blossom, Narai, Defense of Naval Station Newport, and Raptor Rescue.
A new heroic achievement — Combat Scout — has been added to the game.
The achievement is awarded for fulfilling all the following conditions:
- Help your team cause damage to enemy ships upon your spotting. Damage caused must amount to at least 20% of the total base HP of all ships on the enemy team.
- Deal damage to enemy ships. Damage caused must amount to at least 5% of the total base HP of all ships on the enemy team.
New Commander testing
Testing of a unique Pan-Asian Commander by developers, supertesters, and community contributors is commencing. The Commander won't have a special appearance, personalization, or name in Update 0.11.10. These elements will be added to the game later.
This Commander has the following enhanced skills:
- Aircraft carrier — Improved Engine Boost: +7.5% to the engine boost action time for squadrons.
- Battleship —
- Emergency Repair Specialist: –4% to the cooldown time of the Damage Control Party and Repair Party consumables.
- Vigilance: +35% to torpedo acquisition range.
- Cruisers and destroyers — Consumables Enhancements: +12.5% to consumable action time.
The Commander has the following talents:
- High Alert —
- Activates upon earning the Combat Scout achievement. Can be activated once per battle.
- Bonuses: –20% to main battery gun reload time and aircraft preparation time.
- Torpedo Attack Expert —
- Activates upon hitting enemy ships with torpedoes six times. Can be activated once per battle.
- Bonuses: +5% to torpedo speed, –25% to Torpedo Reload Booster consumable cooldown time, and +1 to the number of Torpedo Reload Booster consumable charges.
- Emergency Supplies —
- Activates upon receiving 1,500,000 potential damage. Can be activated several times per battle.
- Bonus: –6.5% to ship consumable cooldown time.
The Commander is undergoing testing, during which the enhanced skills and talents may change. Final information will be published at a later date.
The update brings the following items to the game:
- Japanese Cruisers and Shinonome commemorative flags.
- "Hurricane: Barracuda" and Barracuda achievements.
- Patch and background dedicated to the game's Fifth Anniversary on Steam.
- Five Years on Steam permanent camouflage for VII King George V. This camouflage is the winner of the camouflage design competition among our players. The competition was held earlier this year. Big thanks to everyone who participated!
- Five Years in Microsoft Store expendable camouflage.
Details on how to obtain these in-game items will be announced later.
Black Friday content has been added to the game:
The Naval Base Port has been updated to celebrate the event.
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: VIII Nebraska, IX Delaware, X Louisiana, III Ning Hai, IX Sun Yat-Sen, IX Hector, VIII Alliance.
Other Changes and Improvements
- The tabs housing combat missions for Brawls, Clan Battles, and Ranked Battles have been merged into one single tab called "Brawl, Ranks, Clans." This change will make navigation in the combat mission section more convenient.
- Added the ability to link styles to Tier VIII Premium submarines.
- Fixed an issue in the description of the bonuses of the Enhanced Rudder Gears consumable—the "Maximum Dive and Ascent Speed" parameter has been added instead of the "Speed Underwater" parameter.
- Updated the container composition widget. It now contains information about the number of containers required to guarantee the drop of an item from a particular group. Added information about compensation for unique items from containers.
- Fixed the display of ship statuses in the container content widget.
- Fixed the geometry and textures of the following ships: III Dreadnought, ★ Dalarna, ★ Clausewitz, IX Dalian, VIII Anhalt, VII Flint, III Aurora, VI Renown, X Z-52, IX Duncan, IX Azuma, IX AL Azuma, VIII Vittorio Cuniberti, VIII Vanguard, V Rio de Janeiro, VIII Roma, III Indefatigable, IV Queen Mary, VIII Salmon, IX Iwami, VIII Kidd, VIII Tirpitz, III Oleg, X Marceau, IX Lion, X Jinan, VII Sinop, VIII Asashio, X Yoshino, and X Hakuryū.
- Reworked the text in the tooltip when hovering over Ship XP in the specifications section.
- Added animation for changing economic bonuses.
- The economic bonuses window can now be opened at the same time as the Commander Skills window.
- Improved notification texts in the Port.
- Updated existing portraits and added new ones for Japanese Commanders.
- Fixed graphical errors on some maps.
- Updated loading screens for the following maps: Solomon Islands, Warrior's Path, Hotspot, Two Brothers, and Faroe Islands.
- Players who violate the rules will find their nicknames marked with a "violator" color in team rosters, post-battle stats, and on the Minimap.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the client to crash after being minimized or inactive for a long time.
- Added smoke effect for decorative ships in all Ports.
- Fixed an error in the AP shell name for VIII Harbin.
- Fixed an error in the names of certain permanent camouflages.
- Fixed an issue with the "Quick messages voiceover" settings that caused quick messages to be played back in battle even when this feature was disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue which caused a ship tech specs block to be displayed in the container window.
- Updated the textures for the flags of the Navy of the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China Navy.
- Updated the position of the battle camera when controlling VIII Chkalov's torpedo bombers.
- Fixed an issue that affected the display of camouflage on VIII Sanzang's aircraft.
- Fixed an issue that removed the "Main battery reload time" string from the description of the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable.
- Fixed an issue that hampered the activation of an auxiliary task in Operation Cherry Blossom.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash after pressing the ship preview button having re-entered the Armory.
- Fixed an issue that could hamper automatic target locking in certain cases when switching to main battery guns while playing a submarine.
For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.
- Optimized the ship selling process on the server side to make this process run smoother.
- Fixed an issue with the firing range of Salmon's secondary battery guns.