Update 0.9.10 – American Battleships: Part 2
Captains! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:
From: Wed. Oct. 28 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Oct. 28 5:00 AM
Until: Wed. Oct. 28 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Oct. 28 8:00 AM
Update size: 4.7 GB
- 1 Update 0.9.10 – American Battleships: Part 2
- 1.1 American Battleships: Part 2
- 1.2 Key Battle
- 1.3 Clan Missions
- 1.4 Aircraft Carrier Interface
- 1.5 Armory
- 1.6 Game Balance Changes
- 1.7 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.8 Other Changes and Improvements
- 1.9 Other Bug Fixes
American Battleships: Part 2 ● Key Battle ● Clan Missions ● Aircraft Carrier Interface ● Armory ● Other Changes
American Battleships: Part 2
The game event in Update 0.9.10 is presented by combat missions, Daily Shipments, and a new collection dedicated to the U.S. Navy.
For the purposes of standardization, Directives have been renamed "combat mission groups."
Please note: American Tokens can be exchanged for rewards in the Armory until the event ends. After the end of the event, they will be exchanged for credits at the rate of 1:1,000.
The possibility to make this exchange will be available until: Wed. Dec. 02 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Dec. 02 4:00 AM
Combat mission groups
Start: Wed. Oct. 28 3:15 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Oct. 28 5:15 AM End: Mon. Nov. 30 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Nov. 30 4:00 AM
Rewards for completing the missions and groups: signal flags, camouflages, Coal, Free XP, Elite Commander XP, and Always Courageous containers.
Always Courageous containers
How to get the containers
Up to 27 containers—by completing combat mission groups. Up to 4 containers—from Daily Shipments. Up to 10 containers—by completing special combat missions from the official World of Warships streams.
Each Always Courageous container includes:
An element of the Always Courageous collection. 1x special signal (Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Basilisk, Scylla, or Leviathan), or 1x Stars 'n' Stripes camouflage. One of the following: 600 Coal; 500 Free XP; 1,500 Elite Commander XP; 3x signals of the same type (Zulu, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, India Bravo Terrathree, Zulu Hotel); or 50,000 credits.
You can purchase Always Courageous Premium containers, which offer more rewards, in the Premium Shop, or obtain them in exchange for doubloons in the Armory. The rewards are as follows:
An element of the Always Courageous collection. 15x special signals of the same type (Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Basilisk, Scylla, or Leviathan), or 12x Stars 'n' Stripes camouflages. 3,400 Coal; or 8,500 Free XP; or 3x Type 59 camouflages.
The "Always Courageous" collection
The newly added "Always Courageous" collection comprises four sections, with four elements in each. It will educate you about the main batteries of battleships, admirals, and medals for service in both World Wars, as well as the main uniform types of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Reward for completing the sections: 5x Stars 'n' Stripes expendable camouflages; Wings, Stars, and Stars 'n' Stripes patches.
Reward for completing the collection: V Oklahoma in the Military permanent camouflage, and a Commander with 6 skill points.
V Oklahoma is a Nevada-class battleship, the unique feature of which is her ten 356 mm main caliber guns placed in two twin turrets and two triple turrets. The guns are accurate, have a decent firing range, and cause significant damage per salvo, but take rather a long time to reload. In close quarters, the battleship can make use of her accurate secondary battery guns.
The exchange rate for duplicates is 4:1. To exchange duplicates, you need to select a vacant slot in a collection section, then confirm that you want to exchange your duplicates for the missing item in the window that appears.
Elements of the collection can only be obtained from event-related containers. In Update 0.10.5, we're planning to add Always Courageous containers to the Armory. They will be available in exchange for Coal. Thus, you'll still be able to complete the collection and obtain V Oklahoma if you haven't managed to do so in Update 0.9.10. The exact cost of the containers will be announced later.
During Update 0.9.10, enter the game in the period between October 28 and November 11, inclusive, to start getting valuable rewards via the Daily Shipments section.
You can get a total of 10 rewards, while the shipments are available for 14 days. Thus, you can skip 4 days out of 2 weeks and still claim all the valuable rewards.
When Update 0.9.11 goes live, VIII Kansas, IX Minnesota, and X Vermont will leave Early Access and become available for all players to research.
A new temporary battle type—Key Battle—has been added in Update 0.9.10. Demonstrate your skills in a futuristic competition by assuming command over a ship representing one of three corporations!
The new battle type pits 16 players against each other and AI-controlled monsters on the gigantic Polygon map. You start out alone, but you can gather a team of up to three ships directly in battle. For destroying monsters and other players, you'll get a temporary resource—Battle Points. Having accumulated a certain number of Battle Points, you can also reinforce your ship directly in battle. The Battle Points you receive aren't lost or spent in battle. You can exchange them for rewards in the Armory. You'll find a monster with a key closer to the center of the map. If you destroy it, the monster will drop a key that will allow you to escape via the Portal. Once all the keys have been used or the Portal is closed, the remaining ships will be transported to a special area—the Octagon. The final battle takes place in a gradually shrinking combat zone. The last surviving ship will leave the Polygon successfully. Successfully escaping the Polygon will bring you additional Battle Points. Each of the three available ships offers a wide variety of modules that can have a significant impact on the gameplay.
The new themed Port inspired by the Polygon will ensure that you soak in the event's atmosphere before you enter battle.
More details on the Key Battle rules, as well as the available rewards in the Armory, will come in a dedicated article.
Some missions related to Clan development have been added to the Clans section of the menu. Oil is the main reward given for completing these missions, but two of them will deliver Coal to the Clan Treasury. In total, you can earn up to 32,100 Oil and 11,000 Coal. You can also earn the "Formidable Fleet" achievement.
The missions reward Clans for growing in size, participating in the Naval Battle, active playing of the Clan members, and fighting in Clan Battles. More details about the missions are available in the game client.
Aircraft Carrier Interface
We've made some changes that will ensure you receive useful information about the status of your ship while controlling a squadron in the air.
A new marker pointing at your aircraft carrier has been added. It changes to indicate your ship's status: risk of collision, ship detected by the enemy, approaching torpedoes, etc.
Sound notifications have been updated. The least informative ones have been removed in order to make space for new notifications that relate to the aircraft carrier's status. We've added the possibility to skip the attack animation and proceed directly to operating a squadron. The aircraft invulnerability period will be reduced by the duration of the skipped part of the animation.
The new Samurai permanent camouflage for X Shikishima has been added and made available in exchange for three Ranked Tokens.
The opportunity to exchange 12,500 Research Points for 250,000 Free XP in the Research Bureau didn't prove to be popular, so it will be removed.
The possibility to make this exchange will be available until: Fri. Nov. 13 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Nov. 13 4:00 AM
Game Balance Changes
In Update 0.9.10, we've made changes to the parameters of several ships based on our analysis of their combat efficiency and feedback from players. These changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow in future updates, should they be required.
Tier V British cruiser Hawkins
- Main battery reload time reduced from 12.1 to 11.7 s.
Tier VIII British aircraft carrier Implacable
- Changes to bomb characteristics:
- Maximum damage increased from 4,900 to 5,100.
- Chances of setting a target on fire increased from 28% to 29%.
Tier VIII Soviet cruiser Tallinn
- Main battery reload time reduced from 13.5 to 13.0 s.
- Detectability range by sea increased from 14.24 to 14.54 km. Other detectability values have been increased accordingly.
Tier IX Soviet cruiser Riga
- Main battery reload time reduced from 14.5 to 14.0 s.
- Detectability range by sea increased from 15.04 to 15.34 km. Other detectability values have been increased accordingly.
Tier X Soviet cruiser Petropavlovsk
- Detectability range by sea increased from 15.4 to 15.8 km. Other detectability values have been increased accordingly.
Content Additions and Changes
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: VI Andrea Doria, VII Francesco Caracciolo, VIII Vittorio Veneto, X Cristoforo Colombo, and X Werner Voss—a X Manfred von Richthofen analog with her torpedo bombers switched for skip bombers carrying HE bombs. The special feature of these bombers is their new method of attacking targets. Aircraft descend to low altitude and drop their bombs. The bombs can bounce off the water several times before hitting the target.
Hybrid ships VIII Tone and VI Ise—representatives of a separate group of battleships and cruisers—have been added for testing. Their main feature is the possibility to launch an aircraft squadron. Three versions of each ship have been added. They differ by the types of aircraft they carry: Tone and Ise carry torpedo bombers, VIII Tone 2 and VI Ise 2 carry dive bombers with HE bombs, and VIII Tone 3 and VI Ise 3 carry attack aircraft.
We've added some content dedicated to Black Friday: VIII Cossack B, IX Jean Bart B, VIII Kaga B, VII Atlanta B, four commemorative flags, four patches, and four Commanders.
Within the scope of a new stage of cooperation with Arpeggio of Blue Steel, VIII ARP Maya, X ARP Yamato, a permanent camouflage for IX Musashi, and three Commanders have been added to the game.
To honor the coming Brazilian Flag Day, the game welcomes Pan-American Commander Francisco Ferreira Filho, the Brazilian naval flag, Brazilian expendable camouflage, and II Almirante Abreu with a unique horn sound plus the Ordem e Progresso permanent camouflage.
We've also added the "Wild Blue Yonder — Air Force" patch, as well as the Remembrance Day patch and flag.
Details about how to obtain this content will be published later on our website.
Other Changes and Improvements
With the release of Update 0.9.10, we're planning to terminate support for Mac OS. We've made this decision due to the low popularity of the operating system with our audience. Supporting Mac OS restrains our ability to improve the visuals of the game and its overall performance. You can find more information in a dedicated article.
- Increased the minimum vertical aiming angles of Albany's first and sixth main battery guns in order to prevent them from crossing the guard railing.
- Decreased the horizontal aiming angle of Småland's bow main battery gun in order to prevent the guns from crossing the superstructure.
- Added new Naval Legends podcasts.
- Bonuses from the Coal and Steel Ports are now applied when distributing Clan Treasury resources.
- Aligned the text in the menus of the combat mission sections.
- Fixed an issue that caused part of Ibuki's aft armor to be absent.
- Fixed an issue that caused the armor thickness of Zaō's anti-torpedo defenses to make up 25 mm instead of 30 mm.
- Fixed an issue that caused the torpedo range of August von Parseval's aircraft on the Minimap not to correspond with the technical specifications.
- Fixed a transaction issue that occurred during the accelerated retraining of a Commander assigned to Kirov.
- Fixed an issue that caused the interface to work incorrectly after receiving the results of different battles simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the "Battle!" button from being blocked as it should have been when part of the Division was still in battle.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Clan Battle schedule screen to incorrectly display Chinese.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect icons to be displayed for spotting aircraft and fighters on the Minimap.
- Florida's viewing range has been increased form 26 to 27 km.
- The water settings have been updated in the following Ports: Fjords, London, Novorossiysk, and New York; and on the following maps: The Atlantic, Land of Fire, Fault Line, New Dawn, Hotspot, Islands of Ice, Shards, Sleeping Giant, Greece, Haven, and Estuary.
- Returned the option to choose other keys for selecting shells and changing the torpedo launch spread.
- Slightly updated HP distribution for the hulls of the following ships: North Carolina, New Orleans, Buffalo, Seattle, Salem, AL Montpelier, Richelieu, Bayern, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg, Prinz Eugen, Atago, Atago B, and ARP Takao.
- Fixed an issue that caused German aircraft to slow down for too long when Engine Boost was used, and also to return to their cruising speed too quickly.
- Fixed an issue that caused aircraft to take too much time to gain the required altitude to return to the aircraft carrier, due to which they received too much damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused rockets and bombs to miss the reticle when an attack was carried out during the course of gaining altitude.
- Fixed an issue that caused Manfred von Richthofen's deck armor thickness to make up 6 mm instead of 19 mm.
- Fixed an issue that caused part of the barbette armor not to be present on Bellerophon and Ishizuchi.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "New" marker not to be displayed on the Collections tab in the Profile when a new collection element had been obtained.
- Other improvements and changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support [additional fixes transcribed below - Ed.].
Other Bug Fixes
- The aircraft sound volume has been reduced in the Taranto Port.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash when starting the first battle on an account.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player's nickname and ship name to overlap each other in a tooltip on the post-battle statistics screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the post-battle statistics screen to display a black background after reentering a battle.
- Fixed the position of the Training mode in the battle type selection menu at high screen resolutions.
- Updated the text in tooltips for squadrons and their consumables.
- Fixed a bug that caused the red frame of the message about losing a battle not to be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the aircraft HP indicator's color not to correspond with the aircraft HP.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to rearrange the aircraft carrier's consumables.