Lorraine 40 t
This article is about a tank that was removed from the game
This page is being preserved for historical reasons.
Mouse over "
[Client Values; Actual values in
|1,3001,300 HP Hit Points|
|37.88/38.737.88/38.7 t Weight Limit|
|575575 hp Engine Power|
|60 km/h Speed Limit|
|3434 deg/s Traverse|
|15.1815.18 hp/t Power/Wt Ratio|
|40/40/25 mm Hull Armor|
|45/30/2045/30/20 mm Turret Armor|
|180-300180-300 HP Damage|
|128-213128-213 mm Penetration|
|1.82 (autoloader)1.82 (autoloader) Rate of Fire|
|DPM Damage Per Minute|
|00 Aim time|
|4040 deg/s Turret Traverse|
|gunTraverseArc Gun Arc|
|gunVerticalLimits Elevation Arc|
|ammo Ammo Capacity|
|2020 % Chance of Fire|
|460460 View Range|
|450450 Signal Range|
The Lorraine 40t is a French tier 8 medium tank, currently removed from the game. It uses a 6 round drum autoloader. The Lorraine 40t led to the Bat.-Châtillon 25 t. In patch 0.9.15.1 it was replaced the Lorraine 40t by the Bat.-Châtillon 25 t AP.
Pros and Cons
- Great speed and agility
- Exceptional acceleration with the top engine
- High burst damage, enough to knock out any tier 9 medium and most tier 9 heavies with its 6 round clip
- Good gun depression for an autoloader
- Armor is made of paper
- Large silhouette
- Frequent module damage, especially the turret
- Poor traverse speed (34 deg/s) which results in a large turning radius while moving full speed
- Aim time is higher than the autoloader's loading time, even with GLD and Vert Stabs
Compared to the other tier 9 mediums the Lorraine 40 t features the lowest armor values while being even bigger than the Panther II. However, the ability to equip the devastating 100mm SA47 more than compensates for its unfortunate shape by being able to penetrate most Tier 8/9 Tanks. Bear in mind however that reloading the 100mm SA47 magazine takes time, so its best to plan ahead and look for cover or a quick way out of enemy crossfire as even Low-Tier-Tanks can easily penetrate its armor.
With the new changes in patch 7.5, the research for the Lorraine has changed considerably. Instead of having 3 engine upgrades, they have been condensed into one. What this means to the player is that the Lorraine has been given some considerable upgrades to the stock tank; instead of feeling sluggish, and unwieldy, it feels more like you're driving a less nimble and faster Type 59. Overall, the Lorraine 40 t is a destructive but vulnerable Hit & Run tank and excels in delivering fatal blows to preferably distracted enemies.
As a tier 9 tank, its stock gun is woefully inadequate, 170mm of penetration just doesn't cut it in tier 10 matches. The type of opponents you'll be facing will generally make you gnash your teeth in frustration unless you're able to flank them. Which, in higher tier games isn't always the brightest idea; as exposing yourself leaves you open to fire. High tier TDs and heavy tanks kill you with 2-3 shots.
Higher tier artillery is the bane of the Lorraine, it should come as no surprise that any Soviet or German artillery sporting 203 mm or 210 mm guns, or especially the T92 is capable of one-shotting the Lorraine, even without hitting the ammo-rack. Consider 6th Sense perk obligatory and always move to cover if you get spotted.
Avoid brawling with other medium tanks. Your turret rotator is easily damaged which results jamming your turret and hits on your side under turret damage your ammorack. Missing or bouncing a shot could mean you run out of ammo while fighting the enemy and you get quickly killed. Don't try to scout in any circumstances like you did with AMX 13 90. Use equipment to minimize your aiming time.
Just remember, support your team at the start of the battle and don't go solo, otherwise you'll end up in an early grave. You can easily finish off wounded enemy tanks in endgame if you have hitpoints left.
- The radios carry over from the 13 90.
- If you don't already have it from the AMX 50 100, unlock the 100mm SA47 gun first as it gives you much-needed penetration and damage.
- Research the tracks next as the stock suspension can only hold a single piece of equipment at most with the top gun.
- Unlock the Maybach HL 234 P50 engine for increased speed and lower fire chance.
External Reviews and Opinions
Sources and External Links
- 1952 Lorraine 40t at chars-francais.net Photos, specs, and brief history in French.