Mouse over "
[Client Values; Actual values in
|850680 HP Hit Points|
|31.88/32.220.73/0 t Weight Limit|
- Commander (Radio Operator)
|500520 hp Engine Power|
|54/16 km/h Speed Limit|
|2323 deg/s Traverse|
|15.6825.08 hp/t Power/Wt Ratio|
|140/75/45 mm Hull Armor|
|250/250/330250/250/330 HP Damage|
|175/235/50175/235/50 mm Penetration|
|r/m 8.45 r/m 8.45 Rate of Fire|
▲Expression error: Unexpected < operator.
▲Expression error: Unexpected < operator. Damage Per Minute
With 50% Crew: 0.52 m
With 50% Crew: 0.52 m
|s 2.3 s 2.3 Aim time|
|2626 deg/s Gun Traverse Speed|
|24° Gun Arc|
|-4°/+20°-4°/+20° Elevation Arc|
|4444 rounds Ammo Capacity|
|1515 % Chance of Fire|
|m 350 m 350 View Range|
|m 325 m 525 Signal Range|
Developed in 1944 at the Uralmash heavy machinery plant, this vehicle was based on the T-34-85 tank. Its engine compartment was placed in the front of the hull, while the fighting compartment was located in the rear, which provided additional protection for the crew and considerably reduced the under armor hull volume. Although the SU-100M1 project was never manufactured, it was an intermittent stage in the development of the SU-100 and SU-101, both of which existed in reality.
With its small silhouette, good mobility, and great camouflage for its tier, this tank could be one of the best sniper TD's of its tier. Though most players would go with the derp gun of the SU-152, the SU-100M1 would surprise you with its survivability even in close to mid range fights. Its armor can bounce shots from tanks even up to tier 9 if angled correctly as its frontal armor is very sloped. Its structure is very similar to the Jagdpanther II or the Ferdinand, thus making its side and most especially rear armor very low, so always keep this tank facing front. Once fully upgraded, the SU-100M1 can relocate quickly, shoot higher tiers' weak spots and can support fights very quickly.
The SU-100M1 leads to the SU-101.
Modules / Available Equipment and Consumables
|Rate of fire
|100 mm D-10S mod. 1944||175/235/50||250/250/330||8.45||0.42||2.3||83700|
|100 mm LB-1C||212/258/50||250/250/330||8.45||0.41||2.3||130750|
|Chance of Fire on Impact
Pros and Cons
- Fast, with a low profile
- Respectable aim and reload speed
- Frontal hull armor is mostly reliable against lower tiers
- Very strong casemate & gun mantlet armor, capable of deflecting even high tier guns head-on
- Cheap ammunition with decent penetration on top gun
- Low alpha, unfortunately many other tier 7 TDs edge this tank out in both damage and fire rate
- Mediocre accuracy, a common trait of its lineage
- Bad traverse, prone to flanking
- Subpar gun depression of only four degrees
- Prone to catching fire from frontal hits
The SU-100M1 plays like a turret-less T-44 in many, many ways and is quick enough to wolf-pack with mediums. Its gun has average penetration for a Tier 7 Tank Destroyer, but the tank's not maneuverable enough to flank and lacks accuracy to reliably hit the opponent's weak points. The gun does not disperse much even while moving, so it can take some shots on the move. The armor can bounce some shots, primarily from opponents below your tier, but with proper cover you can bounce even Tier 8 shots. Play as a second line support and when going forwards you maybe fast, but be sure to have allies by your side or a hard cover nearby as this tank has sluggish traverse speed and this tank has low view range. Be careful facing high caliber guns as hits to the frontal armor or lower plate, the engine can be damage or ignite. Fire extinguisher is a must for this tank.
- The V-2-34M Engine and 9RM Radio carry over from the SU-100.
- Research the 100 mm LB-1C Gun.
- Finally, research the SU-100M1B Suspension.
History for this tank not found
Historical Accuracy Errata
*The model is almost entirely incorrect (see historical gallery) Differences between the in game model and the blueprints include (but are not limited to): cupola on wrong side, missing gunner, loader and drivers hatches, tapered superstructure, too elongated hull cheeks
- Frontal hull armour was only 90mm, not 140mm. Superstructure armour was also very likely 90mm.
- Its only intended main armament is the D-10S. The LB-1 configuration is fake.
- Top speed was only 47.5 km/h, not 54.
- Ammunition loadout consisted of 39 rounds, not 44.
- Weight of the vehicle was 32.6 tons, not 31.9.