The following rules will apply in Space Battles:
- Teams of nine players each helming special ships only.
- If there are not enough players, bots will be added after 5 minutes of waiting in the battle queue on the condition that there are more than 10 players in the queue.
To make space combat even more spectacular, we'll add weather events, a new mechanic you've already encountered in Operation Hermes. The only difference is that we've replaced the thunderstorm front with two new weather phenomena, each producing a different effect in battle. You can see the zone of each weather event on the minimap; it will be displayed as a grey circle. Also, a special indicator will notify you when you are approaching or within the Psy Field or Meteor Shower. Meteor Shower and Psy Field can't occur in one battle simultaneously.
Meteor Shower: moves leftwards from the right side of the map, producing the following effects on the characteristics of ships that enter it:
- The current detectability range of ships is reduced by 10% with the maximum detectability range of ships affected by a Meteor Shower not exceeding 15 km (by sea) and 9 km (by air).
- The spotting range will also be limited to 15 km.
- AA guns’ firing range will be notably decreased, too. Mid- and short-range AA guns will be disabled while the long-range ones will get half of their standard firing range.
- We've also changed the parameters of squadrons affected by a Meteor Shower:
- The vision range of squadrons is limited to 6 km.
- Flight speed is reduced by 25%.
- Every 15 seconds, one aircraft is destroyed.
Psy Field: Moves leftwards from the right side of the map, changing the characteristics of ships affected by it as follows:
- The current detectability range of ships is reduced by 10% with the maximum detectability range of affected ships being no more than 12 km (by sea) and 6 km (by air);
- Maximum spotting range in a Psy Field depends on the type of ship: Aircraft carriers: 15 km; battleships: 15 km; cruisers: 14.5 km; and destroyers: 9.5 km.
- Fires will last for 1 second. The time of flooding won't change.
- The "Repair Party" consumables will be disabled.
- The Psy Field will have no effect on aircraft.