|13.21 / 15 Hmotnost|
|51/32/25Pancíř korby(čelní/boční/zadní, mm)|
|51/25/44Pancíř věže(čelní/boční/zadní, mm)|
|245 hpVýkon motoru|
|48 km/hMax. rychlost / couvání|
|30 stupňů/sRychlost otáčení|
|56 mmPrůměrná průbojnost|
|3.2 Doba úplného nabití|
|44 stupňů/sRychlost nastavení odměru|
|500 mDosah rádia|
The T18 is a closed-type tank destroyer with thick frontal armor plating that makes it a tough nut to crack. Its armor gives it a good chance of survival, but it has low hit points if penetrated. It is also quite mobile and has excellent close-range firepower for its tier once armed with the 75mm howitzer. It functions reasonably well as a front line force. However, if one shoots the T18's gun directly, one has a decent chance of damaging the tank rather than having a ricochet. Circle strafing will more than often not work on this tank unless it is attacked from behind, due to its big gun arc. Just remember that you have poor view range and poor radio range.
|Úroveň||Dělo||Průměrná průbojnost (mm)||Rychlost palby||Rozptyl na 100 m||Čas zaměření||Zkušenosti||Hmotnost (t)|
|II||37 mm AT Gun M3||56/78/9||40/40/50||18.75||0.36||1.7||0||82|
|IV||75 mm Howitzer M1A1||20/91.4/9||200/160/50||3.87||0.55||2.7||1190||138|
|IV||QF 2-liberní Mk. IX||64/121/12||45/45/60||18.71||0.36||1.7||900||130|
|Úroveň||Motor||Výkon motoru (hp)||Pravděpodobnost požáru při zásahu||Zkušenosti||Hmotnost (t)|
|Úroveň||Podvozek||Maximální nosnost||Rychlost otáčení (stupňů/s)||Zkušenosti||Hmotnost (t)|
|Úroveň||Rádio||Dosah rádia (m)||Zkušenosti||Hmotnost (t)|
Pros and Cons
- Good armor gives this tank good ramming ability against low weight tanks
- Good engine power and top speed
- Good gun arc
- Highly accurate and good penetration with the Mk.IX gun
- Extreme damage of 75 mm howitzer can one-shot most Tier-2 tanks and some Tier-3 tanks
- Poor view range
- Poor signal range makes it difficult for back-line sniping
- Somewhat sluggish traverse
- Horrible accuracy with the 75 mm howitzer
- Fairly long braking time while on top speed because of the weight
The T18 can be either the best tier 2 TD or the worst, all depending on how you use it. As a stock tank, it leaves much to be desired, with weak suspension, engine, and gun. For the early stages of game play, sniping with this tank can be the best way to go. Its small size allows it to hide well from afar, and its heavier than usual armor allow for many deflections at medium to long range, or even at close range against low-penetration guns.
Close-quarters fighting, however, must be done with caution, and preferably with the tank fully upgraded. Even with the top engine and suspension, this TD is very sluggish when compared with other tanks of its class. In the way of armament, however, nothing can defeat it. Armed with a 75mm howitzer, the T18 can destroy any tier 2 tank in one or two hits, and kill tier 3 tanks with relative ease. Also, the Mk. IX 2-pdr gun is deadly when used at any range and can be very effective when a good player uses its high penetration and accuracy to their advantage.
When using the tank in close quarters, it is imperative to always have supporting tanks, as the T18 has VERY light side and rear armor, and since it lacks a turret, it can be surrounded very easily. Although the frontal armor is quite thick, just a few penetrating shots will take this tank out, and caution should always be used.
- The SCR 200 radio carries over from the T1 Cunningham and should be equipped immediately.
- Research the suspension upgrade first.
- Next focus on getting the 75 mm Howitzer M1A1.
- After that go for the Continental R-975-C1 engine.
- Optionally unlock the QF 2 pdr. gun if you want to try something that is much more accurate and fires faster.
Sources and External Links