|37.47 / 40 kg중량|
|85/50/40차체 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|50/30/30포탑 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|650 마력엔진 출력|
|60 km/h최대 속력|
|36 도/초회전 속도|
|70 기본 포탄 공격력|
|67 mm기본 포탄 관통력|
|2.3 클립 재장전 시간|
|44 도/초포탑 회전 속도|
|380 m관측 범위|
|415 m통신 범위|
Pros and Cons
- Fast acceleration with a respectful top speed, despite its bulk, which allows it to relocate quickly and offer support where it is needed
- Good penetration for a tier 7 vehicle with a high RoF and amazing accuracy.
- Good Radio and view range
- Retains camo bonus while moving.
- Can mount 10.5cm howitzer if required
- Low alpha damage
- High cost of premium shells
- Frontally mounted Transmission
- Can be ammo racked from frontal shots
- Very large silhouette for a light tank
The Aufklärungspanzer Panther comes after the VK 28.01 and requires a completely different play style. Think of the Auf P as a passive Scout/Sniper and you will get an idea of how to play it effectively early in most fights.
Only engage enemy tanks if they are too far away to see or hit you. As the fight progresses and there are less enemies on the battlefield, you can transition into a flanker/light medium role. Learn your enemies weak spots and make good use of the accuracy to destroy them.
The 2 biggest things to remember is you are big for a Scout and while you fire fast, you do relatively low alpha.
- Free XP the upgraded suspension and turret straight off the bat if possible. You can mount the FuG12 with the stock tracks as well.
- If the VK36.01 has been researched and the Waffe unlocked, mount it on the Aufklärungspanzer as soon as you have upgraded the suspension and turret. The Wafffe is the best gun for it and turns the Aufklärungspanzer into a formidable tank. It has an amazing muzzle velocity and penetration, 157mm with standard AP ammo and 221 mm with APCR, allowing you to damage almost every tank on the batlefield.
- If you have researched the 30.01D and 30.02D, you should have unlocked the second engine for the A.Panther. Mount it as soon as you can and you'll go from being a slightly faster Panther to almost as fast as an E-50. Unlock the top engine for 900hp at under 40 tonnes (22.5hp/t).
- Improved Ventilation: ~2.2% performance boost to skills across the board.
- Medium Caliber Gun Rammer: Provides a 10% loading speed increase on a sniper with over 200mm penetration with APCR. Combined with BiA and Vents, reload speed can reach 4.2 seconds, providing 14.286 rpm.
- Binoculars: recommended over coated optics as this tank is no where near as agile as its predecessors, and is more of a sniper than a scout. Once you get all the View Range skills (Situational Awareness, BIA, Recon) you can change out the binoculars for Coated Optics.
Suggested crew skills
- Commander: Sixth Sense, Camouflage, BIA (if you have gold, train camo first, then switch to Sixth Sense and train camo again)
- Gunner: Camouflage, Designated Taraget, BIA
- Driver: Camouflage, Off Road Driving, BIA
- Loader: Camouflage, Safe Stowage, BIA
- Radioman: Camouflage, Situational Awareness, BIA
In 1942 Aufklärungspanzer Panther design was in debate between Hitler (who as always wanted a heavier, better armored design) and the Heer. After a rather lengthy debate, Hitler was finally persuaded to approve the lighter 21.9 ton design, while using many existing Panther components to ease production. Jumping on that, Speer said that the characteristics of the tank were so similar to the Panther that the latter could be used instead. This resulted in a somewhat lightened Panther that used the much smaller Leopard turret (related to the wheeled Puma design) and the soon to be inadequate 5cm K.W.K 39. Apparently the small matter of tank size did not seem to bother him. Following on that idea, competition arose, leading Rheinmetall to offer its own interpretation on the design about a month later, an artillery observation vehicle with similar specification called the Panzerbeobachtungswagen Panther. Despite the bulkier design, it used the same 5cm cannon in a dummy barrel resembling the 7.5cm L/70, all in all being an equivalent design to M.A.N.'s recon tank. Soon enough, battlefield realities made both designs obsolete when it was apparent that the 5cm cannon was inadequate for its task unless shooting expensive tungsten ammunition and Panther testing itself showed the base chassis was far from being mature, leading to a quiet termination.Ironically, Panther's chronically weak final drive and suspension would likely have been far more useful in a tank of about half the weight, which would end up being cheaper by using standardized components (an idea that would soon resurface with later Panther design and the paper E-series) and its armament could still have had a chance to either be refocused in a different role (20 and 30mm autocannons were still very useful against infantry and soft skinned vehicles) or recycled into a prime candidate for the 7.5cm PAK 50 gun project, which was an excellent way to transform 5cm cannons into low velocity 7.5cm howitzers using the 75mm L/24 ammo, useful both as HE round and decent against tanks with its HEAT warhead. Despite several other recon tank projects in 1943-44, in the end the old Skoda 38(t) had to soldier on in the light tank role, while the wheeled sdkfz 234 Puma with a similar turret design showed the usefulness of a well armed and flexible recon vehicle.
Sources and External Links