|14.92 / 15.22 kg중량|
|28.6/28.6/25.4차체 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|38.1/31.8/31.8포탑 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|320 마력엔진 출력|
|64.4 km/h최대 속력|
|43 도/초회전 속도|
|40 기본 포탄 공격력|
|56 mm기본 포탄 관통력|
|2.3 클립 재장전 시간|
|44 도/초포탑 회전 속도|
|340 m관측 범위|
|395 m통신 범위|
At first, the M5 Stuart appears to be a minor downgrade from the M3 Stuart, with slightly worse armor and lower speed for more hit points. The biggest difference is the ability to equip the fearsome 75mm Howitzer M3. The M5's excellent speed and agility can be used to expose the thin rear and side armor of your opponents for maximum effect. Be warned though, its accuracy is poor, so come in fast, get close, and then get out of there. You can always come around for another pass from a different angle.
Pros and Cons
- Good top speed and maneuverability
- Excellent damage output with the 75mm howitzer if HEAT ammo is used.
- Good turret traverse speed
- Good view and signal range
- 75mm Howitzer has excellent gun elevation, comparable to artillery, as well as great gun depression.
- Has scout matchmaking, it can meet vehicles up to tier 7
- Poor hull and turret armor
- Below average penetration and rate of fire
- 2nd turret has an open top and has weaker armor
Due to its battle tier placement, this tank is relegated to a scouting role. However, it can do more than just scout; its 75mm howitzer can do significant damage to the thinner armor of enemy tanks. This tank is not completely defenseless, but it cannot stand against enemy fire, harass the enemy with hit and run tactics. This tank can win in a dogfight with pretty much any other tier 4 light, destroy almost any arty it will come up against, and seriously annoy anything else. If you can force the enemy's attention away from allies, their jobs will be much easier and you will have greatly contributed to team victory.
- The 37 mm Gun M6, Continental R-975-C1 engine, and SCR 506 radio carry over from the M3 Stuart. All of them can be installed immediately. The 75 mm Howitzer M3 (requires the second turret) will already be unlocked if you played the M2 Medium Tank prior to this tank.
- First research the second turret.
- Research the 75mm Howitzer M3 if you did not research it on the M2 Medium Tank
- Next research the upgraded suspension.
- Go from there.
Sources and External Links
- Hunnicutt, R. P. Stuart, A History of the American Light Tank. Vol. 1; 1992, Presidio Press. ISBN 0-89141-462-2.
- Zaloga, Steven. M3 & M5 Stuart Light Tank. 1999; Osprey New Vanguard 33. ISBN 978-1-85532-911-9.
- Zaloga, Steven. Japanese Tanks 1939-45. Osprey New Vanguard 137. ISBN 978-1-84603-091-8.
- Zaloga, Steven. Armored Thunderbolt, The US Army Sherman in World War II. 2008; Stackpole Books. ISBN 978-0-8117-0424-3.
- Hembree, Mark. "History You Can Model" FineScale Modeler February 2011..Page 74 (ISSN 0277-979X, USPS No. 679-590)