|10.2 / 10.49 kg중량|
|15/15/15차체 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|15/0/6포탑 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|90 마력엔진 출력|
|30 km/h최대 속력|
|24 도/초회전 속도|
|110 기본 포탄 공격력|
|70 mm기본 포탄 관통력|
|5.9 클립 재장전 시간|
|16 도/초포탑 회전 속도|
|330 m관측 범위|
|300 m통신 범위|
It can be considered as the worst of the whole USSR branch by the players with lower skill, but it is actually much better than its predecessor SU-26 due to its 3rd weapon upgrades, the 152mm mortar NM mod. 1931. Including the highest firing rate amongst the tier 4 artillery weapons, higher splash range, more damage and moreover the higher penetration value. However, the 152mm mortar has one significant disadvantage; low ammo count. Stock, it starts with the underpowered 76mm Howitzer. Prior to 8.6, you could have spent the effort to get the 122mm howitzer with the SU-26 and thus, can start with that. Considering that the 122mm was removed from the SU-26, however, this would perhaps make the grind somewhat more difficult. Some players even prefer the 122mm howitzer to the 152mm mortar, because of its higher ammo count, and also it's increased rate of fire.
Pros and Cons
- Gun range: stock: 1150 m, second: 1200 m, third: 800 m , top: 600 m
- Good damage and high rate of fire (with 152mm)
- High shell arc with 152mm, which can hit targets behind cover, which may be safe from other tier IV SPGs
- Rather painful grind, you will oftenly be in tier 5 matches where you will have to deal around 30 damage to armored targets with your first and second gun
- Poor top speed and traverse
- Poor view range
- Poor ammo capacity (with 152mm)
- Very slow shell travel time
At first, this SPG doesn't seem so good compared to its tier 4 counterparts. It has neither the Pz. Sfl. 4B's versatility, nor the AMX 105AM's mobility, nor even the M37's ammo capacity to back its rate of fire. This is because its most powerful advantages are not easily figured out - high shell arc, accuracy and high penetration HE.
As such, with only 12 rounds (14 rounds prior to 8.6) in the rack, you must make every shot count. The SU-5 nullifies cover with a high arc, so you can expect a lot of good shots on enemies who think that they are safe from SPG fire. Make sure that you are zeroed in fully for precise shots on weak spots. Your rounds will merely scratch high-tier heavy tanks, but they will devastate lower tier mediums, lights and tank destroyers, along with softer heavies. Stay just behind your front line to nullify your range disadvantage, and ensure you know what you should be aiming at. Your role is to take out softer, supporting tanks that are being shielded by their allies, especially tank destroyers. Think of someone cleaning house from long range. With a High-Caliber Mortar in place of a broom. Often, repositioning can protect you from counter-battery fire and open up unexpected angles for targeting enemies behind cover.
- All of the radios and engines carry over from the SU-26, though not the 122 mm Howitzer mod. 1930 gun as of 8.6. Install the T-26F engine and 12LL radio immediately.
- Everything can be mounted without upgrading the suspension (Upgrading everything except the suspension brings it to a total weight of 10.35t out of 10.49t) so research the 152 mm Mortar NM mod. 1931 quickly, though it will take a long time due to the terribly inadequate 76 mm gun.
- You can now research the suspension
- Depending on your play style, you can either stay with the 122mm or switch to the 152mm mortar for improved damage/penetration.
The SU-5 is another T-26 variant. Three prototypes were built in 1934 with a further 30 vehicles produced in 1936.
- SU-5-1 — Self-propelled gun armed with the 76.2 mm divisional gun mod. 1902/30 (open-top type, the single vehicle was built in 1934).
- SU-5-2 — Self-propelled gun armed with 122 mm howitzer mod. 1910/30 (open-top type; a single vehicle was built in 1934 and a further 30 vehicles in 1936).
- SU-5-3 — Self-propelled gun armed with 152.4 mm divisional mortar mod. 1931 (open-top type, a single vehicle was built in 1934).
Sources and External Links