|22.9 / 23.2 kg중량|
|28.6/25.4/22.2차체 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|28.6/25.4/25.4포탑 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|520 마력엔진 출력|
|56.3 km/h최대 속력|
|58 도/초회전 속도|
|110 기본 포탄 공격력|
|92 mm기본 포탄 관통력|
|3.8 클립 재장전 시간|
|42 도/초포탑 회전 속도|
|390 m관측 범위|
|395 m통신 범위|
The T21 is a lighter variant of the T20 medium tank. As such, it is rather large for a light tank, but it has good maneuverability and a great view range, on top of having a good power to weight ratio. Unfortunately, it's hampered by its low top speed. Additionally, it uses the same gun as the M4 E8/E2, having rather low penetration in exchange for a high rate of fire and DPM.
Pros and Cons
- Good view range (only 10m less than the Chaffee)
- Light tank camo rating makes it a brilliant passive scout when equipped with a binocular telescope
- Excellent hp/weight ratio gives this scout tank good mobility and speed
- Nice penetration on the top gun
- Decent peek-a-boom flanker
- Poor armor, even for a light tank
- Low top speed for a high tier light tank
- Large target, twice to three times as big as its main counterpart; the AMX 12t, being much easier to hit
- Struggles to reach & maintain top speed
- Can be serious damaged by splash damage from artillery
The tank should be played in a similar manner to the M24 Chaffee. The only thing it lacks, is the Chaffee's amazing 76mm gun with 137 penetration, although the T21 has the same caliber gun with slightly less penetration, but the same damage output. Additionally, the Chaffee is a shorter tank, and a harder target to hit (although it has a very large and weak turret). To players used to the Chaffee this tank might turn out to be a surprisingly good vehicle. As another plus, the T21 has lower repair costs and more profitability than the Chaffee.
As with any tank, equipment improves the effectiveness of the T21. It is recommended to combine (or mix and match as preferred) equipment to these main playstyles:
- Scout: Camouflage Net, Binoculars, (choice is yours, recommend Coated Optics) In this role, you'll play more passive than active scouting. The T21 doesn't have the speed or low profile to play an active scout, so guerrilla tactics are important here; hence the Net and Binoculars.
- Flanker: Gun Rammer, Vertical Stabilizer (if you can afford it/steal it off another tank), [Gun laying drive/Vents depending on preference]. This will let you use that sweet M1A2 at will. Play always in and with support and you can lay some serious damage on the enemy. However, do be aware you won't last nearly as long as mediums do while trying to function in the same role as them. Coated Optics might help you if you choose this set up, as it allows you to become a deadly Artillery Hunter, finding and eliminating any SPGs.
- The QF 6-pdr Mk. III Gun and SCR 528 Radio carry over from the M7. Mount them immediately.
- Research the 76 mm Gun M1A1.
- Neither the 76 mm Gun M1A2 nor the Ford GAN Engine require the upgraded suspension, so research them in whichever order you want to.
- Finally, research the VVSS T48M1A2 Suspension.
Sources and External Links
These two volumes are widely regarded as the definitive reference works on the American Light Tanks. Volume-1 covers the real life counterparts of the in-game light tanks: T1, T2/M2, M3, and M5 series and the T21.
- Hunnicutt, R.P, 1992, Stuart: A History of the American Light Tank - Volume-1, Presidio Press, 508p, ISBN:0891414622.
- Hunnicutt, R.P., 1995, Sheridan: A History of the American Light Tank - Volume 2, Presidio Press, 340p, ISBN:9780891415701.