|14.63 / 15.2 kg중량|
|28.6/25.4/25.4차체 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|28.6/0/25.4포탑 장갑(정면/측면/후면, mm)|
|288 마력엔진 출력|
|49.9 km/h최대 속력|
|18 도/초회전 속도|
|170 기본 포탄 공격력|
|42 mm기본 포탄 관통력|
|7.5 클립 재장전 시간|
|14 도/초포탑 회전 속도|
|320 m관측 범위|
|325 m통신 범위|
Possibly the most well-rounded artillery in tier 2. It has decent gun performance, mobility (though traverse is not very good), and top speed. It's the only one to have good armor.
Pros and Cons
- Gun range: 550 m
- Highest engine power and top speed for its tier
- Very good all-around armor (for artillery)
- Good view range
- High ammo capacity
- Lower gun elevation than other tier 2 artilleries
- Large dispersion when moving/turning
- Slow rate of fire
- Slow aiming (reloads faster than aim circle reach minimum size)
- Inaccurate gun
For its tier the T57 has some of the best armor around, a high rate of fire and it does good damage, though as with all tier 2 SPGs, the splash damage is negligible. With most self-propelled guns, you have to worry about light tanks getting close, but in the T57 they pose far less of a threat and can be dispatched in "tank destroyer" mode (direct fire) with the T57's cannon. It's a great vehicle to begin learning about how to play artillery.
With a wide arc of fire, the T57 is good in large open maps, especially when the enemy has a lot of medium tanks. The T57 has a weakness that's uncommon in other SPG's: its gun has a low vertical arc of fire. As a result urban maps are more challenging than they usually are for artillery. Also if the target is above you, then there isn't much you can do. Despite this, the T57 still allows you to be a major contribution to your team.
With its significantly thicker armor than other SPGs of similar tier, the T57 can actually benefit from a Spall Liner. This is primarily to protect against ramming by enemy scouts, but it will also offer some protection against splash damage from enemy artillery fire. However, it's not enough to save you from a direct hit. A Gun Laying Drive is very helpful, but not worth it at this low of a tier unless you are keeping it long after researching its successor.
Many players love the T57 so much they decide to keep it in their garage.
- Nothing carries over from the T1 Cunningham. However, engines and radios carry over from the Stuart line, as well as the first two tank destroyers.
- If you have engines or radios unlocked from other American tanks, install them right away.
- Your first priority for research should be upgrading the suspension. Since you have no turret, you need to be able to turn quickly.
- Go from here.
Sources and External Links
- a b c Hunnicutt, R. P. - Stuart: A History of the American Light Tank, p 298-301.
- Hunnicutt, R. P. - Stuart: A History of the American Light Tank, Presidio Press 1992, ISBN 0-89141-462-2.