Game installation and system requirements
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 (For Mac and Linux see below)
Minimum system requirements:
Processor (CPU): Intel from 2.2 GHz (Total combined processor speed) or equivalent AMD Family
RAM: minimum of 1.5 GB for Windows 2000/XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista / 7
Free hard disk space: At least 39.5 GB (For SD version)
Video Card: Shader Model 3.0 GeForce 6800GT with 256 MB of RAM / ATI X1800 with 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible Internet connection speed: at least 128 Kbps.
Connection rate: 1024 Kbps or higher (for faster downloads)If you do meet these requirements then you should be good to go, if your system falls under the minimum requirements installing the game is not recommended as you will have a low frame rate, or the game will refuse run at all. There will however be tips on how to improve this further down in this tutorial.
Running the updater should be standard procedure for players before playing the game. Downloading and installing patches manually should be left for troubleshooting and/or to bypass high traffic times.
To properly install the game you need to:
- 1) Download the most recent game client installer.
- 2) Run the installer (preferably as administrator).
- 3) Read terms and conditions, if you do not accept please close the installer.
- 4) Select the folder and settings you wish World of Tanks to be installed in.
- 5) Wait for the installation to complete and close the installer.
- 6) Run the updater and wait for any patches to download and be applied, you can also not run the updater and apply them manually if you so choose.
- 7) Run the game, hopefully no errors will pop.
Mac OS X
There are 2 options for installing and running World of Tanks on Mac OS X.
- 1. Follow the instructions located here to use Wineskin.
- 2. Use a Wine-based program like PlayOnMac or CrossOver Mac.
There are 3 options for installing and running World of Tanks on Linux.
|Tutorials||1.1) Welcome to the WoT Tutorial • 1.2) Game installation and system requirements • 1.3) Account settings, forums and login • 1.4) User Interface • 1.5) Battles • 1.6) Research, Store & Depot • 1.7) Chat and player interaction • 1.8) Crew, player Statistics and module stats • 1.9) Ammo, Consumables and Equipment • 1.10) Final basic considerations|
|Guides||Modifications • Clans • Clan Wars • Crew|