Update 0.11.3: Italian Destroyers Part 2
Update 0.11.3 is bringing the following new features:
Superships in the Tech Tree ● Dockyard ● Italian Destroyers Collection ● Italian Destroyers ● Division Stars ● Brawls ● Visual Effects Improvements ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 Update 0.11.3: Italian Destroyers Part 2
- 1.1 Superships in the Tech Tree
- 1.2 Dockyard
- 1.3 Italian Destroyers Collection
- 1.4 Italian Destroyers
- 1.5 Division Stars
- 1.6 Brawls
- 1.7 Visual Effects Improvements
- 1.8 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.9 Other Changes and Improvements
Superships in the Tech Tree
In Update 0.11.3, superships will be added to the Tech Tree. After several months of testing in various game modes, they are going to become a logical continuation of their branches and will be available to the following players:
- Those who have researched or purchased at least three Tier X ships.
- Those who have researched a Tier X ship of the corresponding branch.
The economy of superships has been crafted in such a way as to avoid their abundance in matchmaking and to make it so that every battle at the helm of a supership is carefully planned.
- Superships yield Credits at the level of Tier X ships, but their service cost is twice as high compared to researchable Tier X ships.
- Permanent camouflages for superships are purchased separately from the ships, just like for other researchable ships from the Tech Tree.
- The permanent camouflages of superships do not reduce their service costs or increase their Credit earnings. However, they do provide a larger XP bonus compared to permanent camouflages for Tier X ships.
- Any permanent camouflages provided with rental superships on player accounts will be removed.
In Update 0.11.3, the superships you're probably already familiar with — ★ Satsuma, ★ Hannover, ★ Condé, ★ Annapolis, ★ Yamagiri, ★ Zorkiy, ★ United States, and ★ Eagle — will be added to the Tech Tree. Future ships such as the announced British super cruiser ★ Edgar, for example, will pass a multistage testing procedure. The addition of superships to the Tech Tree represents an important step for World of Warships. We'll be closely following their statistics and your feedback, and we'll introduce changes if necessary.
- Superships do not interact with the Research Bureau. If the Research Bureau is available to you and you purchased a supership, she will not be reset and will remain in your Port after you reset a branch of researchable ships.
- Superships are classified as “researchable” ships in the game. This means that Commanders must complete their retraining when they are assigned to superships.
You'll find detailed information on adding superships to the Tech Tree in a dedicated article on our website.
As of 20 April 2022 the Supership economy is undergoing significant changes. Read more in Dev Blog 317.
The building of Pan-American battleship VIII Atlântico commences in the Dockyard in Update 0.11.3. The warship will slide down the ways of the British Clydebank Dockyard that saw IX Marlborough sail out not so long ago. Atlântico is armed with ten 381 mm main battery guns that are placed in five twin-gun turrets and fire only AP shells.
- The construction process at the Dockyard comprises 22 phases.
- These shipbuilding phases can be progressed through by completing Dockyard combat missions or by spending 1,750 Doubloons to pass through each phase.
- You can complete combat mission groups throughout the entire duration of Update 0.11.3 and during the first 3 weeks of Update 0.11.4. The Dockyard will remain available until the start of Update 0.11.5.
- In total, you can progress through 19 out of 22 shipbuilding phases by completing Dockyard combat missions.
- Upon completing the 22nd shipbuilding phase, you'll receive VIII Atlântico in the War Paint camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a commemorative flag.
If you complete the construction of VIII Atlântico by spending Doubloons, make sure to keep progressing through the Dockyard combat missions — completing each phase will earn you 250 Steel.
Italian Destroyers Collection
It reveals details of the artillery armament of Regia Marina destroyers and awards of Italian sailors. It consists of three pages, with six elements on each.
The reward for completing each of the sections is the ability to mount a second commemorative flag aboard Italian destroyers, cruisers, and battleships.
The rewards for completing the entire collection are VI Leone and the "Italian Destroyers: Part 2" commemorative flag.
Elements of the collection can be found only in standard and Premium Italian Destroyers containers.
They can be obtained by completing combat missions and in the Armory. You can receive a total of:
- Up to 24 containers for completing combat missions.
- Up to 2 containers in free daily bundles.
- Up to 7 containers for Community Tokens.
- Up to 3 Premium containers for Community Tokens.
- Up to 2 Premium containers in paid daily bundles.
When completing a collection, you can receive an item you already have — a duplicate. When you collect a certain number of duplicates from the same collection, you can exchange them for any items you are still missing. The exchange rate for duplicates is 4:1.
After opening 36 containers received for completing combat missions, as well as received from free daily bundles and for Community Tokens, there's a high chance that you will have completed the entire collection.
In a future update, the Italian Destroyers containers will be added to the Armory and be available in exchange for Coal.
If you already have VI Leone in your Port, you'll receive 5,000 doubloons as compensation.
Early Access to Italian destroyers continues in Update 0.11.3.
II Curtatone, III Nazario Sauro, and IV Turbine. The primary armament of the new ships placed at Tiers II to IV is their torpedoes. In terms of game play, these ships are similar to "conventional" destroyers. All of them carry SAP and HE shells. At Tiers II to IV, ship consumables don't last long and are mostly used for illustrative purposes to introduce players to their unusual characteristics. Exhaust Smoke Generator will hide a ship even if she's running at full speed, and the Emergency Engine Power consumable provides a bigger boost to speed compared to the standard Engine Boost but for a shorter period of time.
V Maestrale, VI Aviere, and VII Luca Tarigo. At Tiers V to VII, main battery guns get better, but the ships continue to rely on torpedo tubes as their primary armament. Unlike their counterparts of other nations, there is only a slight increase in the firing range of their main batteries. The characteristics of their consumables, however, improve from tier to tier, helping shape a full-fledged style of combat. With Emergency Engine Power, SAP shells, and Exhaust Smoke Generator, Italian destroyers can close in on an enemy ship for an aggressive attack at short range.
VIII Vittorio Cuniberti, IX Adriatico, and X Attilio Regolo. At Tiers VIII to X, combat strategy may be based on a flexible approach. Commanders will need to conduct a thorough analysis of the situation and choose between (or combine) the following two strategies:
- Firing long-range fast-reloading torpedoes in a measured way.
- Relying on a combination of main guns, torpedoes, and consumables for a lightning-fast strike.
The closest similar ship suited for an aggressive combat strategy is IX Paolo Emilio''. At the same time, researchable Italian destroyers will also rely on their main guns in knife-distance duels, as torpedoes alone may not be enough to finish the job. Keep in mind that at Tiers VIII–X, the standard firing range does not exceed 10 km. Upgrades to extend the firing range are not accessible.
- In Update 0.11.3, you can spend the Italians Tokens you earned throughout Update 0.11.2. New Tokens are available only in paid random bundles.
- IV Turbine, V Maestrale, VI Aviere, VII Luca Tarigo, and VIII Vittorio Cuniberti, which all joined Early Access in Update 0.11.2, are still available in sequentially available bundles in the Armory for Italian Tokens.
- Once you've obtained all the sequential bundles for Tokens, you'll be able to grab X Attilio Regolo for Doubloons.
- IX Adriatico and other rewards are available via paid random bundles.
The Taranto Port has been updated to celebrate the event.
When Update 0.11.4 goes live, the Italian destroyers will become available for all players to research.
During the update, players will be able to earn Division Stars—special bonuses issued for playing together with each Clanmate.
- You can get a Division Star by playing in a Division with your Clanmates.
- The Stars can be earned in all battle types, except for Training Battles.
- Certain numbers of earned Stars unlock access to various rewards.
- If you switch Clans, any Stars and rewards you previously received remain with you.
- To see the roster of Clanmates who you can team up with in a Division, as well as the list of rewards you can get, navigate to the Division Star tab in the Clans section.
By playing together with each of your Clanmates, you can get a total of up to 3 Stars—one for each fulfilled condition:
- Victory in battle.
- Earning the Shoulder to Shoulder Division achievement.
- Earning the Coordinated Attack achievement.
Two Brawls await you in Update 0.11.3.
Brawls in Update 0.11.3 Round 1
Starts: Fri. Apr. 15 9:00 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Apr. 15 11:00 AM
Ends: Tue. Apr. 19 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Apr. 19 4:00 AM
Format: 9 vs. 9 playing Tier X ships
Restrictions: No more than one aircraft carrier, two battleships, four destroyers, and six cruisers per team
Brawls in Update 0.11.3 Round 2
Starts: Mon. May 09 9:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. May 09 11:00 AM
Ends: Tue. May 17 2:00 AM PT / your local time: Tue. May 17 4:00 AM
Format: 9 vs. 9 playing Tier X ships
Restrictions: Aircraft carriers not allowed; no more than two battleships, four destroyers, and six cruisers per team
You'll find detailed descriptions of the new Brawls in a dedicated article.
Visual Effects Improvements
World of Warships is becoming even more pleasing to the eye!
- We've improved how snow and sand are displayed on islands. We've also added the effect of snow covering ships, depending on the weather.
- The Tears of the Desert, Trap, Warrior's Path, and Solomon Islands maps have been significantly updated. We've added high-detailed textures and changed the weather, visual effects, underwater world, and many other things.
- The camouflage mounted on the ship will also be displayed on aircraft that belong to that ship. This effect applies to all aircraft types in the game, including aircraft carrier squadrons and fighters, spotting aircraft, and airstrike flights.
- The improved visuals have made the ships and underwater landscape look more natural and picturesque. We've also improved how distant underwater objects are drawn in the Binocular View.
Content Additions and Changes
The Dusky Owl permanent camouflage for X Ragnar has been added to the Armory. The camouflage is available in exchange for 3 Clan Tokens.
Here's what's been added in Update 0.11.3:
- Japanese Lacquer permanent camouflage for VII Maya, Japanese Castle for VII Nagato, Doolittle Raid for VIII Hornet.
- Wings of Courage permanent camouflage for VI Aviere — the winning submission for the camouflage contest that took part in December 2021–January 2022.
- Constellation of Memory expendable camouflage and commemorative flag.
- New flags, patches, and achievements.
Game balance changes
We've made changes to the parameters of X Petropavlovsk and IX Tashkent based on our analysis of their combat efficiency and your feedback. These changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow in future updates, should they be required.
X Petropavlovsk: Adjusted the draught of the ship. The ship will "rise" above water by an additional 0.5 meters.
IX Tashkent: Adjusted the draught of the ship. The ship will "submerge" by an additional 0.4 meters.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Fixed an error that caused fast reloading main battery guns to fire fewer shots per minute than they could.
- Added a tooltip with an image of a button that needs to be pressed to change the firing mode for superships with the alternative fire mode.
- Fixed errors on the following maps: Hotspot, Two Brothers, Fault Line, Polar, and Defense of Naval Station Newport.
- The overall number of players on servers of all regions can now be seen in the game menu.
- Fixed an error that prevented the combat mission from updating when the timer expired.
- Changes in the textures and geometry of the following ships: VIII Massachusetts, I Eritrea, IX Friedrich der Grosse, III Valkyrie, VI Dido, X Forrest Sherman, X Grosser Kurfürst, IX Friesland, X Puerto Rico, X Thunderer, X Zaō, X Worcester, III Vampire, I Hashidate, VII Haida, X Somers, VII Nueve de Julio, VIII Orkan, IX Jutland, IX Neustrashimy, V HSF Hiei, VI Karl von Schönberg, V Hill, and ★ Eagle.
- Fixed an error that prevented Victor Lima and India X-Ray signals from being shown as recommended for VIII Atlântico.
For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.
- Fixed a bug that might have caused inactive bots in the Training Room to use consumables.
- Fixed a bug that caused smoke screens to rise above the correct level when switching the screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the carousel to scroll when navigating to the Equipment tab through the context menu by clicking the right mouse button in the Port.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ship selling window from being displayed in the center of the screen when the Increase UI Scale setting was disabled at high resolutions.
- Players will now be able to open a modal window with aircraft characteristics by pressing "H" when their carrier is destroyed and the squadron is still in the air.
- Fixed a bug that caused the description of collection elements to move outside of the screen border.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to use Smoke Generator at the beginning of battle but with no effect, except for wasting the consumable charge.
- Fixed the description of the Will for Victory talent — duplicate information has been removed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to crash when trying to exit the game.
- Updated the animation of aircraft taking off from catapults on German aircraft carriers.
- Disabled system messages for accepting or canceling campaign tasks so as not to overload informational messages.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect shell damage value to be displayed when taking the Heavy AP Shells Commander skill.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Ricochet" ribbon to be awarded for shells that over-penetrated secondary armament after ricocheting off the deck.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Penetration" ribbon to be awarded for over-penetrating hits to the secondary battery.
- Fixed the rotation direction of aircraft tail rudders.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused the autopilot to plot routes through islands.
- Armor thickness values and measurement units are now separated by a space.
- Fixed a bug that caused the trolleys of catapults from which fighters had taken off not to return to their place.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a gap to remain at the right and bottom parts of the screen in the "Full-screen windowed" mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused ship names to move beyond the window borders when stretching the Division or Training Room windows.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the icons of damaged or destroyed modules from being displayed when the ribbon had been awarded.
- Fixed the process of switching the camera between weapon groups using autoswitch for Dido.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Dive Capacity" parameter of submarines in the Port to be empty.
- Fixed a bug that prevented secondary batteries from firing at forts in Operations.
- The periscope depth of German submarines has been increased so their conning towers emerge less from under the water.
- Fixed a bug that might have caused signals to overlap each other.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes might have caused torpedoes of Tier VIII submarines to hit citadels.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a black screen to appear when closing the Armory.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "It's Just a Flesh Wound!" achievement to be awarded twice in one battle.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to crash during authorization.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the game client to crash in battles with submarines.
- Fixed local weather effects on the North, Hotspot, and Greece maps.
- Fixed the intensity of fog during blizzards on the Islands of Ice map.
- Fixed a bug that caused shells to fly through islands on the Solomon Islands map.
- Fixed a bug that caused ships to get stuck near the islands on the Trap map.
- Fixed an issue with Clan tags disappearing in contact lists.
- Fixed an issue that caused transports to get stuck on islands at the start of Operation Raptor and at the end of Operation Aegis.
- Aircraft now cannot detect submarines underwater.
- Fixed the "Type 10 — Novorossiysk" camouflage, as well as the color of its icon.
- Updated the descriptions of submarines.
- Fixed ship previews in the Port for Soviet destroyers Kiev and Tashkent.
- Fixed a bug that caused surfacing sounds to sometimes be played for submarines already in the surfaced position.
- Fixed a bug that caused the level of some sounds when playing submarines to be incorrect due to the presence of other submarines in battle.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ambient sound volume in the local weather to be set too high for the "Low" sound quality setting.
- Disabled the voice sound warning about reaching the maximum depth when playing submarines.
- The maximum number of reports and compliments per day has been increased to 15.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the sound to be played twice when resetting a branch.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the game client to crash when opening or closing the in-game browser.
- However, the consensus of reviewers is that the ships don't play as typical torpedo ships but more as destroyer-hunting gunships.