Here you can find how World of Tanks has evolved over time (2012), with a quick overview of each update. If you're looking for something in particular, feel free to click on the "full patch notes" buttons below and explore the depth of our changes!
- December 2012
- New line of American tanks: light Т21, light Т71, medium Т69, medium Т54E1, heavy T57 (one can start researching this line from the medium М7 tank).
- New premium tanks available for purchasing: British heavy tank TOG-2 (Tier VI), British TD АТ-15А (Tier VII), French heavy tank 1945 FCM 50t (Tier VIII).
- Added the “Patton Valley” achievement for the destruction of 100 M46 Pattons or M48A1 Patton IIIs. After the update's release, all previously destroyed tanks (of this type) will be counted.
- Added “Commemoratives” – achievements without a grade, which can be granted to a number of players.
- October 2012
- Added base British Tech Tree: medium tanks branch with FV4202 as Tier 10 and heavy tanks with FV215 as Tier 10 tank.
- ‘Dragon Ridge’ map re-introduced to random battles
- ‘Prohorovka’ Assault map removed
- Following maps were reworked and optimized for new render graphics: ‘Province’, ‘El-Halluf’, ‘Dragon Ridge’, ‘Abbey’
- September 2012
- Added new Soviet TD line: SU-100М-1, SU-101 (Uralmash-1), SU-122-54, Object 263
- British Premium Tank Matilda Black Prince added to the in-game shop
- Added ability to add inscriptions and emblems from the preset album on tanks via the ‘Exterior’ menu
- Added ‘Enhanced Springs’ equipment for French and American vehicles
- July 2012
- New tier X vehicles added to the game: JagdPz E-100, Object 268, AMX-50 Foch, T110E3, T110E4, Jagdpanther II
- 3 new medium tanks: E-50 Ausf. M, T-62A, M48A1
- 1 new light tank: ELC AMX
- 3 New Maps: the huge landscape of the Highway, the dense urban setting of Seaport and the picturesque scenery of the Serene Coast
- June 2012
- Added two new combat modes, appearing randomly: Assault and Encounter.
- Added two new maps: Airfield (North Africa) and Widepark (European town); Komarin and Swamp removed from Random rotation.
- Added French SPGs: Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), Bat. Chatillon 155.
- Added French TDs: Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AC Mle.1946, AC Mle.1948, AMX 50 Foch.
- April 2012
- Two new maps Dragon's Ridge (first Asian map) and South Coast (a Crimea resort place) have been added.
- Added clan logos display on tanks.
- KV-3 to be replaced by the T-150
- KV Split into KV-1 and KV-2
- March 2012
- Added new maps: Province (a small Italian map) and Live Oaks (first American map).
- Game mechanics: profitability, cost, cost of research, cost of repair, cost of modules, cost of module research
- Added one camouflage for each nation.
- Added a tutorial for newcomers, which teaches basic principles of garage interface