Captains! Please note that the server will be unavailable while the update is being installed
from: Wed. Oct. 11 5:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
until: Wed. Oct.11 8:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
Update 12.9: New Japanese Battleships
The Update Navigator will help you keep track of what's new in World of Warships. Complete simple combat missions to obtain rewards!
Each of the Navigator’s signal lights are associated with a specific activity from the current update. Signal lights turn red when you can start working on a certain activity, and switch to green once you’ve completed it. Turn all the signal lights green to unlock a combat mission for the main reward!
In Update 12.8, the main reward is a pair of Golden Age of Industry containers. Claim your reward before: Oct 9, 08:00 AM Central
Please note: If you've met all the requirements but the button to get the combat mission is still unavailable, please restart the game and/or refresh the page. The button should then become available, and you'll be able to click it.
[The lights and the rewards work only in the News article on the World of Warships site. - Ed.]
Learn all about the new features coming in Update 12.9:
Early Access to Japanese Battleships ● Battle Pass ● Armory ● Voyage to the North Pole ● Salvage for Victory ● Heroes of Might and Magic III ● Halloween Celebration ● Brawls ● YouTube Membership ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 Update 12.9: New Japanese Battleships
- 1.1 Early Access to Japanese Battleships
- 1.2 Battle Pass
- 1.3 Armory
- 1.4 Voyage to the North Pole
- 1.5 Salvage for Victory
- 1.6 Heroes of Might and Magic III
- 1.7 Hallowe'en Celebration
- 1.8 Brawls
- 1.9 YouTube Membership
- 1.10 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.11 Other Changes and Improvements
Early Access to Japanese Battleships
With the release of Update 12.9, three new Japanese battleships are set to enter Early Access.
- VIII Yumihari - Available in sequential bundles obtainable for a temporary resource — Japanese Tokens.
- IX Adatari - Available in sequential bundles obtainable for a temporary resource — Japanese Tokens.
- X Bungo - Available to purchase for Doubloons at the end of a sequential bundle chain.
Japanese tokens can be obtained from Random Bundles in the Armory and by completing Personal Challenges.
The new battleships have large-caliber main battery guns with "trademark Japanese" features: high firing range and good accuracy. The ships also have good concealment and average speed.
You can select between a Fighter or Spotting Aircraft with high-precision optics — a new consumable that increases not only your main battery guns' range but also their accuracy.
Among the disadvantages of these battleships are their low HP pools, mediocre armor, and weak AA defenses.
To celebrate the occasion, we decorated the Kure Port and added the Japanese Battleships flag to the game.
Heroic Clash Collection
A new themed collection has been added to the game: it consists of 60 elements which you can obtain from Heroic Clash containers.
The reward for completing the collection is the Mount Fuji Sunrise permanent camouflage for VIII Yumihari, which was chosen as a winner of the recent community camouflage contest.
Heroic Clash containers can be obtained via Personal Challenges, as well as by progressing through the Free Battle Pass track — you can obtain up to 60 and 25 containers through these routes, respectively. The number of containers you can earn in Update 12.9 will be sufficient to complete the entire collection.
We'll reveal the Heroic Clash container contents on our website with the release of Update 12.9.
You’ll find more details about Early Access to the new Japanese battleships in a dedicated article.
Each new update traditionally brings a new Battle Pass. Earn BP Points by completing daily and weekly combat missions, advance through the BP progress bar, and get rewards!
The final reward of the Free Battle Pass is 12x Heroic Clash containers that contain elements of the "Heroic Clash" collection. In total, you can obtain 25x Heroic Clash containers by progressing through the Free Battle Pass track.
The Premium Pass delivers even more valuable items, and the final reward for completing it is 100 Arctic Tokens which you can spend on a variety of items in a special tab in the Armory.
You can find more details in an article dedicated to the Voyage to the North Pole event.
The seasonal bonuses in Update 12.9 are as follows: an additional combat mission to earn BP Points and progress through levels; +10 BP levels immediately after making the purchase; a +100% bonus for your first daily victory; and a +5% bonus to Coal, Steel, and Research Point earnings.
You can find all details about the 12.9 Battle Pass in a dedicated article.
Complete the first combat mission from the 12.9 Battle Pass daily chain to light up the first signal light of the Update Navigator.
With the release of Update 12.9, X U-4501 will become available in the Armory for 250,000 Coal.
This is a project for a relatively small submarine (Type XXVI) armed with ten torpedo tubes and capable of achieving high speeds while submerged.
X U-4501 is a stealthy submarine that can travel fast when submerged but is very slow while surfaced. She has an increased ping-marked sector size, but it takes some time for her sonar to cool down. Her torpedoes deal good damage, but their range is relatively short.
Among her disadvantages are a small HP pool and low dive capacity; however, these factors are compensated for with access to the Repair Party and Reserve Battery Unit consumables, as well as her fast dive capacity recharge rate.
Voyage to the North Pole
We're continuing our journey to the New Year!
Soon after the release of Update 12.9, the third mission chain will become available. Completing the event's mission chains will reward you with Arctic Tokens, as well as mystery rewards that will be revealed when the corresponding missions unlock.
Starts: Oct 17, 05:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
You can exchange Arctic Tokens for various rewards under the "Voyage to the North Pole" tab in the Armory. The selection of containers in the Armory has been updated—you can now purchase Black Friday 2023 containers and Black Friday 2023 Premium containers. Later, you'll also have an opportunity to purchase Jack-o’-Lantern containers and Jack-o’-Lantern Premium containers.
The final reward for completing all combat mission groups is Soviet cruiser VIII Dmitry Pozharsky.
You can read more about the Voyage to the North Pole event in a dedicated article.
Salvage for Victory
Starts: Oct 11, 06:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
Ends: Oct 25, 05:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
During this event, you can exchange combinations of various in-game resources to fill a progress bar. Once you reach certain milestones, you can claim corresponding rewards, among which you'll find VIII Champagne with Commander Fernand Lacroix. Fill the progress bar to 100% to receive all the possible rewards!
Some resources may have limitations for the number of points you can receive. For details, see this dedicated article.
Heroes of Might and Magic III
The astrologers proclaim the week of Heroes of Might and Magic III in World of Warships!
Meet six epic new Commanders with individual voiceovers based on iconic heroes from the classic turn-based strategy game! Catherine Ironfist of the Castle, Mephala of the Rampart, Solmyr of the Tower, Sandro of the Necropolis, Nymus of the Inferno, and Gunnar of the Dungeon are ready to stand at the helms of your ships and lead their factions to victory! For this special crossover event, we've also added Heroes of Might and Magic’s iconic Kingdom of Erathia Griffin banner as a commemorative flag!
Complete the first combat mission from the special chain to flare the fifth signal light of the Update Navigator.
We'll share more details in a separate article on our website.
Starts: Oct 25, 05:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
Ends: Nov 8, 03:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
The spooky season is almost upon us!
Update 12.9 delivers a new Halloween Operation from the darkness! In this final chapter of our ongoing story, your task is to escort Transylvania and protect her from enemy forces as she travels to deliver a payload of special explosive to destroy the Portal. Help Transylvania reach her destination and inflict the final blow to the Forces of Darkness!
The main difference from previous Halloween Operations is that you can participate playing your own Tier VIII–IX ships of all types. Additionally, special modifiers will be applied to the characteristics of all ships to even out their performance in the Operation, and you will receive an additional buff each time your team loses a ship.
The Last Voyage of Transylvania will become available 2 weeks after Update 12.9 goes live.
Complete a daily combat mission to fire up the third signal light of the Update Navigator.
Update 12.9 features four Brawls in different formats.
The first Brawl begins: Oct 13, 11:00 AM Central (UTC-5)
Round 1 – 4 vs. 4 with Tier X destroyers, cruisers, and battleships
- No more than two battleships, cruisers, and destroyers
- Maximum Division size: 4
Round 2 – 9 vs. 9 format with Tier IX ships
- No more than four battleships, four destroyers, and six cruisers
- Maximum Division size: 3
Round 3 – 3 vs. 3 format with Tier VII ships
- No more than one battleship, one destroyer, and two cruisers
- Maximum Division size: 3
Round 4 – 6 vs. 6 format with Tier X ships
- No more than one aircraft carrier, one submarine, three destroyers, three battleships, and three cruisers
- Maximum Division size: 3
We've updated the benefits of our YouTube membership program! Complete special combat missions in Update 12.9 to earn Community Tokens, along with Jack-o’-Lantern and French Squadron containers!
* Currency and membership fees may vary by country.
** Historical content includes posts on the official World of Warships channel about the naval history of different countries and is only available to Naval Historian members, no matter they completed Combat Missions or not.
The special combat missions for our YouTube members can be claimed until the end of the current update, and you have until the end of the next update to complete them.
Content Additions and Changes
Added the following content:
- 100th Anniversary of the Republic of Türkiye Flag
- The End of the Great War Patch
- Commanders Umberto Cagni and Adrien de Gerlache
- Polar Ice Caps permanent camouflage for
- VII Gneisenau
- Microsoft Store container
- The visuals of the Microsoft Store container are still a work in progress.
Details on how to obtain these in-game items will be announced later.
Added Black Friday 2023 containers and Black Friday 2023 Premium containers.
Updated the contents of the Jack-o’-Lantern container and Jack-o’-Lantern Premium container with the following permanent camouflages.
- Scorpioid permanent camouflage for X Yamato
- Crocosaur permanent camouflage for X Montana
- Fossil permanent camouflage for X Henri IV
- Mutantovsk permanent camouflage for X Khabarovsk
- Angler permanent camouflage for X Shimakaze
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Z-52
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Daring
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Shimakaze
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Yueyang
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Gearing
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Grozovoi
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Harugumo
- Master of the Water World permanent camouflage for X Khabarovsk
We'll reveal the contents of these containers on our website with the release of Update 12.9.
VIII Yorktown (American aircraft carrier); X Essex (American aircraft carrier); VIII Francesco Ferruccio (Italian cruiser); VII Scharnhorst '43 (German battleship); and VII Stord '43 (European destroyer) were added for testing by developers, volunteers, and Community Contributors.
Spanish Cruiser Challenge
Complete the first combat mission from the special chain to switch on the second signal light of the Update Navigator.
Battle of Empress Augusta Bay
Complete the first combat mission from the special chain to fire up the fourth signal of the Update Navigator.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue that prevented dive capacity restoration on the surface when using the Reserve Battery Unit consumable. The description of the consumable has been adjusted accordingly.
- Fixed an issue with the Adrenaline Rush skill that led to increase in the time it took to switch to a different torpedo type.
- Fixed an issue that caused left-mouse button clicks to interact with the Minimap instead of shooting the main guns.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the reset of the Spanish cruiser line in the Tech Tree.
- Added rotating animation to torpedo propellers.
- Reversed erroneous changes to characteristics for the HE shells of VIII Lightning and IV Wakeful.
- Fixed an issue where the torpedo marker didn't disappear even after it had traveled the maximum possible distance or collided with a ship/island.
- Fixed an issue that caused identical voiceover messages to play several times in a row.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Patch Architect tab to become unclickable after selecting a unique shape and then navigating to any other tab.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Battles were displayed on the Battle Type selection menu even if there was no active season.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications to appear in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where a patch with a Clan tag didn’t update after joining/leaving a Clan.
- Fixed an issue where recommended upgrades were displayed in the wrong order.
- Fixed an issue that caused high load on the GPU when loading into battles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the aiming point to move when aiming behind terrain and transitioning to the Binocular View.
- Fixed an issue that prevented tooltips from appearing when hovering over the camouflage icon in the purchase window.
- Fixed an issue with display of player concealment on the Minimap.
- Fixed an issue that caused the counter on the Combat Mission banner to include introductory missions.
- Fixed visual issues and textures on the Islands and New York maps.
- Changed descriptions of all flags to a unified format.
- Fixed camera issues when viewing Delaware, Shikishima, and Shōkaku.
- Fixed textures and models for the following ships: Błyskawica, California, Hakuryū, Lüshun, Cheshire, Lexington, Le Fantasque, Ägir.
- Added rotating animation to torpedo propellers.
- Fixed the camouflage for aircraft when using the "Azur Lane — ENTERPRISE" permanent camouflage.
- Fixed visual and audio issues with the loading screen video.
- Fixed an issue that caused the repair animation to continue after a ship had been destroyed when using Repair Party and the following permanent camouflages: Scarlet Thunder for Scarlet Thunder, Forerunner of Progress for Delny, and Science Titan for Preussen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when changing the game window size and reordering consumables.
For a complete list of changes, please refer to Player Support.