Talk:World of Warships
Former ships being included
I've been trying to help and keep the pages of the wiki up to date up to the 4,0 update and see it is well taken care of. However I think its important to keep former ships used during testing that are no longer being used in the game. I noticed that some of the pages have some inconsistencies that need to be corrected. For example, the Cruiser section has different ships that the same section if you were to click a nation and their cruisers. (I,E. Katori is in the Cruiser section under Japan and the Hashidate is in the Japanese Cruiser section.) I don't think either of these ships should be dismissed but both should be included in each section.
Below are some ships no longer available now or later from testing that should still remain in the wiki no mater where you look. These ships also still remain in the Ship class sections as well.
-Katori -Albany -Kitakami
- Katori being displayed was due to an outdated page cache, that should be fixed now. As for legacy ships, the WG policy is that as long as the ship isn't available to the general populace, it will remain hidden for the time being. Sometimes there are exceptions, but I'm not the one who make these rules. --Haswell:na (talk) 06:09, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
ok, i didn't know of such rules. I figured if the ship existed in the game at any point in time it could be included. Another ship i was going to ad was the Saipan Carrier. But basically if the ship is 100% unplayable, its not included in the wiki.
Any possibility of getting the Maximum Dispersion stat added to the ship page stats? To the primary battery at least. The dispersion of the secondary battery isn't that important. --Trifler:na (talk) 06:44, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- Will add that to the template I'm working on, thanks for reminding me. --Haswell:na (talk) 06:58, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
So there is a bunch of game mechanics information on the Russian forum: http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/index.php?/forum/222-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B/
Wouldn't it be helpful if somebody translated that stuff? I could, for one. It's tiresome to explain some things over and over on the forums. But I am not sure how to create new pages (e.g. "Dispersion mechanics", "AA mechanics", "Fire mechanics", etc.), or which section they would go to.
- I created links to new pages on the main page, but the translation is up to you and others. If you want any other pages with better titles, just let me know. --Haswell:na (talk) 03:59, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
Ok I'll take a stab at some stuff in the next few days. - Unknown
- Might want to discuss this with the other guy working on the mechanics page, I'm not terribly well versed in WoWS stuff. --Haswell:na (talk) 10:17, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
User info for WOWS???
I was looking for some user info about the ships (user comments, experiences...)... but now all the pages have no user info whatsoever? Is this just a plain display error or this removed permanently?!?
- Individual pages (articles) have no posting section, nor any place for a user to record editorial comments. This is intentional. The Wiki is meant to present objective information only. The WoWs forum is the closest place to find good player input such as you seek.catsmoke:na (talk) 05:01, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
== Mighty Jingles Videos not approved?
Adding Traditional Chinese Page
Please kindly add the link of the official traditional Chinese page of World of Warships wiki if possible. I am the editor of the Chinese branch and I appreciate your time to do so. http://wiki.wargaming.net/zh-tw/World_of_Warships Ingramaus:sea (talk) 05:42, 16 November 2016 (UTC)