Update 0.10.8: World of Warships Anniversary
Captains! Due to the installation of the update, the server will be unavailable
from: Wed. Sep. 08 3:00 AM PT / Central: Wed. Sep. 08 5:00 AM
until: Wed. Sep. 08 6:00 AM PT / Central: Wed. Sep. 08 8:00 AM
World of Warships: 6th Anniversary! We've prepared lots of new things for you in Update 0.10.8 to celebrate the event:
- The World of Warships Anniversary celebration, special battle performance bonuses, a themed collection, and much more!
- Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event
- Dutch cruisers leaving Early Access
- Early Access to Soviet aircraft carriers
- Convoy—a new temporary battle type!
World of Warships Anniversary ● Dutch Cruisers ● Soviet Aircraft Carriers ● Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry ● Convoy ● Armory ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 Update 0.10.8: World of Warships Anniversary
- 1.1 World of Warships Anniversary
- 1.2 Dutch Cruisers
- 1.3 Soviet Aircraft Carriers
- 1.4 Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry
- 1.5 Convoy
- 1.6 Armory
- 1.7 Content Additions and Changes
- 1.8 Other Changes and Improvements
World of Warships Anniversary
In Update 0.10.8, you can earn festive battle performance bonuses on all of your Tier V and higher ships. Win a battle or earn 300 Base XP to receive Supercontainers, a new temporary resource called Festive Tokens, and Gift containers:
Battle Performance Bonuses will be available
from: Fri. Sep. 17 5:00 AM PT / Central time: Fri. Sep. 17 7:00 AM
to: Thu. Nov. 04 5:00 AM PT / Central time: Thu. Nov. 04 7:00 AM
The bonus for each ship can be earned only once in battles of any type, except for Training Battles.
In a special section of the Armory, Festive Tokens can be exchanged for containers of the "6 Years of World of Warships" collection; "6 Years of World of Warships" permanent camouflages for VII Lyon, VII Yorck, VII Shchors, VII Gadjah Mada, VII Akatsuki, and VII Zara; Gift and Distant Voyages containers; and World of Warships Anniversary expendable camouflages. The rewards section will be available from September 17, before Update 0.10.10 is released.
Each Gift container holds 5x special signals of the same type (Dragon, Red Dragon, Wyvern, Ouroboros, Hydra, Basilisk, Scylla, or Leviathan).
You can only earn Festive Tokens from battle performance bonuses. With the release of Update 0.10.10, Festive Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1:90,000.
The "6 Years of World of Warships" Collection
We're also celebrating our Anniversary with the "6 Years of World of Warships" collection, which is dedicated to the most notable events that happened in the game over the past year. The collection looks like a big jigsaw puzzle with 60 elements in it. The collection elements only drop from "6 years of World of Warships" special containers. You can obtain these:
- By completing a special combat mission chain that will become available on September 17.
- By participating in the new temporary Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event.
- In exchange for Festive Tokens.
The reward for completing the collection is a Supercontainer, 6x Gift containers, and the "6 Years of World of Warships" commemorative flag.
The exchange rate for duplicates is 1:1.
The "6 Years of World of Warships" containers will be added to the Armory in one of the future updates. When that happens, you'll be able to obtain them in exchange for Coal.
To celebrate the Anniversary, the Designer's Table Port has also been updated—the ship model is now located in a bright and spacious room.
We've also added some hidden festive achievements. Their requirements won't be announced or shown in the game client. If you achieve good results and have luck on your side, you'll earn them. Good luck!
Resetting Stars in Operations
With the release of update 0.10.8, any Stars earned in Operations will be reset. This means that the players who already received reward in Operation for a certain number of stars, can collect these stars again and receive corresponding rewards.
When Update 0.10.8 goes live, Dutch Tier I–X cruisers will become available for all players to research.
Features of the Branch
- Good maneuverability and concealment.
- Short shell travel time, but low accuracy of main battery guns.
- Higher-tier cruisers carry guns of a caliber that are large for their type:
- The higher-tier cruisers have sturdy armor, but extinguishing fires takes longer, and they also take more damage from flooding.
- The Hydroacoustic Search consumable is available from Tier IV.
- The Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables are available on Tier IV–VII cruisers.
- Tier VIII–X cruisers have the Repair Party consumable with a reduced cooldown period and the Defensive AA Fire consumable.
- Dutch cruisers also have a new type of armament from Tier VI and upward — Airstrike.
Soviet Aircraft Carriers
Features of the Branch
- Small number of aircraft in squadrons. Squadrons consist of a single flight that carries out one powerful attack with all aircraft at once.
- Starting from Tier VIII, aircraft are equipped with jet boosters. As with VI Ise and VIII Tone, the boosters kick in automatically during take-off and provide a short-term increase in speed.
- Small HP pools and low cruising speeds.
- Instead of standard bombers, Soviet aircraft carriers carry skip bombers armed with HE bombs.
- The torpedo bombers are armed with torpedoes that have a long range and take longer to arm.
- Starting from Tier VI, attack aircraft squadrons are armed with HE rockets similar to the American "Tiny Tim" rockets.
Soviet Tokens are a new temporary resource that can be obtained:
- By participating in the Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event.
- From free daily bundles.
- From random bundles available for Doubloons.
- In exchange for Community Tokens in the Armory.
Rewards for Soviet Tokens: sequentially available bundles with ships IV Komsomolets, VI Serov, and VIII Pobeda along with Forward Bound permanent camouflages for them, as well as other rewards. Komsomolets, Serov, and permanent camouflages for the Tier IV, VI, and VIII carriers can be obtained for free. The sum of Tokens you can earn in the Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event and receive from free daily bundles will be sufficient for that.
Rewards from random bundles available for Doubloons: Forward Bound permanent camouflage for X Admiral Nakhimov, Soviet Tokens, Victory expendable camouflages, and other items.
When Update 0.10.10 goes live, IV Komsomolets, VI Serov, VIII Pobeda, and X Admiral Nakhimov will be available for all players to research. Soviet Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1:6,000.
Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry
In Update 0.10.8, a new temporary event awaits you—Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry. It's based on the history of the development of Soviet naval aviation and the various research and development bureaus that worked on machines for the Soviet Navy.
Starts: Wed. Sep. 08 8:30 AM PT / Central time: Wed. Sep. 08 10:30 AM
Ends: Wed. Oct. 06 2:30 AM PT / Central time: Wed. Oct. 06 4:30 AM
The Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event is similar to the Battle of the Beasts event from Update 0.10.4, but it has a few differences.
The main differences from the Battle of the Beasts
- Three teams instead of four.
- Unique rewards—team patches—will be awarded for personal progress, not for team progress. This means that you'll still be able to earn unique rewards if your team doesn't progress enough.
- Updated team selection window interface, as well as personal and team progress window.
- In the Port, personal progress till the next reward in now displayed instead of the team progress.
Rules of the Event
- The event runs until the release of Update 0.10.9 and is divided into four stages. Each stage lasts 1 week.
- Once per week, you can select one of the three teams: Polikarpov Bureau Team, Chyetverikov Bureau Team, or Kocherygin Bureau Team.
- During the event, you need to complete personal missions that are issued daily to all event participants. They can be completed during the day in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles, as well as in the new temporary battle type — Convoy.
- Completing missions will advance you through personal and team progress bars and unlock rewards.
- Rewards: "6 Years of World of Warships" containers, themed patches, Victory camouflages, Coal, and Soviet Tokens.
You can read more about the Aircraft Bureaus Rivalry event in a dedicated article.
Update 0.10.8 brings players an opportunity to participate in a new temporary battle type — Convoy — which focuses on escorting (or sinking) transport ships. Historically, defending or disrupting cargo routes has been one of the key tasks of fleets: a timely supply of military equipment, ammunition, and provisions has always played a tremendous role in the success of combat actions.
- The defending team is tasked with escorting a convoy of four bot ships as they sail along a defined route. The defending team wins if at least one of the convoy ships reaches the destination point or the entire attacking team is destroyed.
- The mission of the attacking team is to completely destroy either the convoy or its defenders.
- Players are randomly distributed among the two teams. You can either play solo or as a member of the Division.
- On average, it takes the convoy between 10 and 12 minutes to complete the route.
- Format: 7 vs. 7, playing Tier VIII ships Restrictions: No more than one aircraft carrier and three battleships per team
- Battles will take place on the following maps: The Atlantic, Islands of Ice, Warrior's Path, Loop, and Labyrinth.
Starts: Wed. Sep. 22 3:00 AM PT / Central time: Wed. Sep. 22 5:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Oct. 06 3:00 AM PT / Central time: Wed. Oct. 06 5:00 AM
During this time, you'll be able to complete special combat missions only for this battle type, and they'll bring you Community Tokens. Detailed information about the mission completion criteria can be found in the game client.
VIII Chkalov will become available when the update is released. She's based on the project of a large aircraft carrier armed with dual-purpose artillery, and she was named after the Soviet test pilot who made the first non-stop flight over the North Pole. Just like the researchable Soviet aircraft carriers, Chkalov's squadrons consist of a single flight that carries out one powerful attack with all aircraft at once. She carries squadrons of skip bombers and torpedo bombers, but instead of attack aircraft she has regular bombers. Chkalov has powerful AA defenses and good concealment, and all of her squadrons are equipped with jet boosters. Chkalov will be available for 12,300 Doubloons.
Changed the rewards under the "Naval Community" tab:
- Removed the bundle with III Katori. However, this ship is still available to purchase in the Armory for 2,550 Doubloons.
- Added four bundles with combat and economic signals, available for 600 Community Tokens each.
- Added a Supercontainer for 2,000 Community Tokens. It can be purchased only once.
With the release of Update 0.10.9, Premium Ship V and Premium Ship VII containers, as well as the Restless Fire commemorative flag, will no longer be available in exchange for Community Tokens. They'll be replaced by new rewards. The full details will be announced when the release of Update 0.10.9 is near.
With the release of Update 0.10.8, Summer Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1:1,500, while Dutch Tokens will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1:60,000.
Content Additions and Changes
As a part of our collaboration with Hasbro, the following items have been added:
- The following commanders with unique voiceovers: Soundwave, Hot Rod, Grimlock, and Starscream.
- "The Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary" collection, comprising 32 elements divided into eight sections.
- "The Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary" regular and Premium containers.
- "35th Anniversary of The Transformers: The Movie" and "The Matrix of Leadership" flags.
- Soundwave, Hot Rod, Grimlock, and Starscream patches.
Added Soviet Commander Pyotr Gradov.
Added the following commemorative flags: Moon Rabbit, Chile Presidential, and Mexican.
"For Meritorious Service," Mooncake, Digi-God, and HMS Belfast patches have also been added.
Details on how to get these items will be announced later.
Ships VI Béarn, IX Tulsa, and X Gibraltar have been added for testing by developers, volunteers, and community contributors.
Independence Day of Brazil
Since 1822, Brazil has celebrated its Independence Day every year on September 7.
Starts: Mon. Sep. 06 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Sep. 06 5:00 AM Ends: Mon. Sep. 13 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Sep. 13 5:00 AM
To unlock the special festive combat mission chain, click the "Participate" button. Participate
To complete the chain of combat missions, you'll need to earn "Main battery hits" ribbons and Base XP, as well as deal damage. Completing stages of the chain will reward you with Brazilian camouflages for various ships. As the final reward, you'll get the Brazilian Imperial Flag.
You can complete this combat mission in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles, as well as Operations, playing Tier V–X ships.
From September 8 through October 8, the limit on recovering Premium ships that were sold through Player Support will be lifted. Details on how to recover sold ships can be found in these instructions.
Other Changes and Improvements
Game balance changes
We've made some changes to the parameters of several ships based on our analysis of their battle efficiency and player feedback. This applies to submarines and anti-submarine weapons in particular. These changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow in future updates, should they be required.
Changes to characteristics of all submarines
- Dive capacity depletion when the submarine is detected increased from 2 to 4 points per second;
- Dive capacity restoration rate increased from 0.3 to 0.5 points per second;
- Detectability range by sea after using the Sonar Ping reduced from 4 to 2 km;
- The time it takes the torpedoes to arm increased from 0.5 to 2 s;
- Reduced the detectability after using the Sonar Ping in smoke:
- VI Cachalot: from 2.4 to 2 km;
- VIII Salmon, X Balao: from 2.2 to 2 km;
- VI U-69, X U-2501: from 2.1 to 2 km.
Changes of the Hydrophone consumable
- Consumable action time reduced:
- Consumable cooldown time reduced:
- VI Cachalot, VIII Salmon, X Balao: from 90 to 80 s.
- VI U-69, VIII U-190, X U-2501: from 90 to 60 s.
- Reduced ship bearing distance and spotting range of submerged submarines:
- VI Cachalot: from 5.5 to 5 km;
- VIII Salmon, VI U-69: from 6 to 5.5 km;
- X Balao, VIII U-190: from 6.5 to 6 km;
- X U-2501: from 7 to 6.5 km.
VI Farragut, VI Monaghan, VI Icarus, VI Gallant, VI Guépard, VI Aigle, VI Ernst Gaede, VI T-61, IX Paolo Emilio, VI Fubuki, VI Hatsuharu. VI Shinonome, VI Gnevny, VI Juruá, VI Västerås, VII Skåne, VIII Öland, IX Östergötland, VI Huanghe, VI Fushun, VIII Siliwangi, VI Anshan, and VIII Fenyang
- Number of depth bomb charges increased from 1 to 2.
- Added the possibility to mount the Depth Charges Modification 1 upgrade (fourth slot).
- Adjusted the settings of bombers:
- Increased the chance of two bombs hitting the ellipse at once.
- Adjusted the settings of bombers:
American Tier X aircraft carrier X Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Torpedo bomber parameters were changed:
- Torpedo arming distance increased from 517 to 545 m.
- Torpedo launch spread increased by 5%.
- Bomber parameters were changed:
- Maximum damage caused by a bomb has been reduced from 11,200 to 10,600.
- HE bomb penetration reduced from 67 to 64 mm.
- Chances of fire being caused by HE bombs reduced from 64 to 60%.
- Torpedo bomber parameters were changed:
Soviet Tier X cruiser Alexander Nevsky
- The Repair Party consumable now restores 33% of the damage dealt to the citadel instead of 10%.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Fixed an error that caused torpedoes to deviate from the selected trajectory if the ship was turning during their launch.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the post-battle stats screen from being displayed for players after battles.
- Fixed an error that caused the animations of torpedoes being launched, as well as the periscope going up and down, to be displayed incorrectly on certain submarines.
- Fixed an error that prevented players from entering their login and password with the help of an on-screen keyboard at the login screen.
- Fixed an error that caused the integral characteristics of AA guns to be calculated incorrectly when mounting upgrades and mastering skills that improve AA defenses.
- Fixed an error that prevented rockets from dealing damage to parts of ships that were entirely destroyed.
- Fixed an error that sometimes made it impossible to set a course for autopilot after colliding with an island.
- Fixed an error that caused the ships to get stuck near one of the islands after appearing on the "Neighbors" map.
- Fixed an error that caused the Depth Charge Airstrike armament to disappear from IX Wujing and VIII Pyotr Bagration.
- Fixed an error that cased the number of depth charges on VII Atlanta B not to match that on VII Atlanta.
- Fixed an error that caused VIII Cleveland in her standard hull not to receive critical damage to her steering gears.
- Fixed the maximum range of Airstrike on VII Eendracht being 10 km instead of 11 km.
- Fixed the incorrect rocket travel time of VIII Kaga and VIII Kaga B attack aircraft.
- Maximum frame rate can now be set in preferences.xml. Setting it in engine_config.xml after each update is no longer necessary.
- Due a technical error, we've temporarily disabled the possibility to switch the camera to torpedo tubes on all submarines when clicking the preview icon in the parameters.
- Fixed an error that caused IX Z-44 to have a slightly higher chance of fire on the ship.
Other Improvements and Changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.
- Fixed an error that caused the HP bar of enemy ships to be displayed incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed an error that caused emblems that hadn't been received to be displayed incorrectly in some cases with low graphics settings.
- Fixed an error that caused the restrictions in the Division window to be displayed incorrectly after the battle was over.
- Fixed an error that caused the ship speed and the rudder turning indicator not to be displayed during the replay playback.
- Fixed an error that caused the Regia Marina camouflage to be repeated twice in the Supercontainer contents.
- Fixed an error that caused the keys for Airstrike and Tone's squadron not to be assigned in the Game Settings.
- Fixed an error that caused some of the settings to be reset to the default settings during replay playback.
- Fixed an error that caused the keys that enable the auto-resupply of camouflages and signals to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused an incorrect number of ships destroyed by depth charges to be shown in the summary.
- Fixed an error that caused the "Untraceable" talent of William F. Halsey Jr not to reduce the ship detectability parameter for submarines.
- Fixed an error that caused the color designation of alternative color schemes of permanent camouflages of certain French ships not to match the camouflage mounted on the ship.
- Fixed an error that caused the effect of the Repair Party consumable not to be displayed on Nassau when the Jackal camouflage was mounted.
- Fixed an error that caused the pop-up window with detailed information about damage received in battle to be displayed incorrectly in the post-battle stats screen.
- Fixed an error that caused context tips to be displayed incorrectly on the battle type selection screen.
- Fixed an error that caused the window with the team composition on the Tactical Map to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused the soot from received hits on ships with the Made of Steel and Master of the Water World camouflages mounted to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused the cursor to be displayed incorrectly on the login screen.
- Fixed an error that caused ships to remain undetected when detectability was increased after firing main guns.
- Fixed an error that caused the effects of the Repair Party and Damage Control Party consumables not to be displayed on ships that appeared in the spotting range.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash after restoring or updating graphics card drivers.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash after being closed.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to be launched in the windowed mode for new players.
- Fixed an error that caused ships to incorrectly change course after damaged steering gears had been repaired.
- Fixed an error that caused the camera to remain in an incorrect position after leaving the Binocular View.
- Fixed an error that caused the banners of temporary events to be displayed incorrectly in the Port.
- Fixed an error that caused a language different from the one selected in the game client to be shown when WGcheck was launched in the Wargaming Game Center.
- Fixed an error that caused the Airstrike crosshair to be shown incorrectly at the beginning of battle.
- Fixed an error that caused bonuses to the ship's detectability to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an error that caused the "Impossible to hit target" marker to be shown above the ships that can be hit with deepwater torpedoes.
- Fixed an error that caused the sound of anti-submarine weapons reloading to be played back on ships with anti-submarine weapons in Random Battles.
- Fixed issues with the models and textures of Leander, Johan de Witt, Ignis Purgatio, De Zeven Provinciën, Groningen, Borodino, New Mexico, Congress, Kijkduin, Kuma, New York, Napoli, HSF Harekaze II, and Java.
- Fixed the incorrect names of modules and armaments of Kijkduin, Albany, Mysore, Groningen, Friesland, and Gouden Leeuw.
- Change the icon of the Anti-Submarine Aircraft Modification 1 upgrade.
- Now, when attempting to launch the replay that is incompatible with the current version of the game, a warning message appears before the game client closes.
- When there are no places in the Reserve when a commander is sent there, a pop-up window suggesting the addition of more places in the Reserve will now appear.