Earning power of certain ships
It is widely believed that certain ships have intrinsic Credit earning modifiers. For instance, Missouri has been shown time and again to earn far more Credits than her sister Iowa in an equivalent battle. Even if the modifier values remain unstated, the factor really should be shown in the formula(s). iDuckman:na (talk) 23:58, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
- If the factor were known, it could be shown. Unfortunately, the intrinsic modifiers you mention are not stated by WG anywhere. This makes it hard to add factual data to the article beyond "premium ships earn more money". Cases like Missouri where is is clearly demonstrable that credit earnings are boosted by some unknown percentage are stated on the individual ship page.SeaRaptor00:na (talk) 03:34, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
- The value of the factor need not be known to be included in the equations. Stating that it is greater than one for premium ships would make the existence of the factor known, thus making premium ships more appealing to the benefit of all. See also that I recommend (on the main talk page) the addition of a Premium Ships mechanism section. There seems to be no info on how Premium ships work anywhere in the wiki. iDuckman:na (talk) 02:04, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
The XP sections need a re-org
Many players find the various types of XP confusing and this section does little to un-confuse them. Worst, it doesn't use the common terms for the types, and doesn't even address one -- Base XP. Further, there is a question whether the Commander's XP types wouldn't be better in the Commanders article.
I intend to break out and name all six types of XP:
- Base XP (BXP)
- Standard old ship XP (XP)
- Elite (ship) XP (EXP)
- Free XP (FXP)
- Commander XP (CXP)
- Elite Commander XP (EXCP)
The terms used here should correlate to those that the player sees in-game. Please consider this article a WIP (unless there is an article sandbox feature that I don't know about.)
iDuckman:na (talk) 01:31, 20 December 2018 (UTC)
Adding the Armory?
The armory has become a big part of this game, and there are some currencies to be talked about, for example, the basics are Coal, Doubloons, and Steel, but there are also the Tokens from events (i.e. Allowance Tokens, Provision Tokens and etc.) which might be confusing to new players. Consider adding this into the Wiki? Tiam001:na (talk) 16:04, 22 June 2019 (PDT)
- Those are Event Currencies (see that section). Event currencies come so thick and fast that trying to keep up with them would a) require considerable effort, b) make the article huger that it already is. If you want to add an article for each event, be my guest. BTW, have you looked at the Ship:Armory article? iDuckman:na (talk) 04:31, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- update service costs of Tier II–VII premium and special ships.
From Russian wiki:
Premium ship base cost:
- Tier II: 1800 (x0.9)
- Tier III: 2700 (x0.9)
- Tier IV: 4500 (x0.9)
- Tier V: 10350 (x0.9)
- Tier VI: 20700 (x0.9)
- Tier VII: 33600 (x0.8)
Base XP is not (always) the value on the post-battle report 'Team Score' tab.
The value on the post-battle report 'Team Score' tab is XP earned without premium. Base XP is XP received without premium, which is XP earned without premium minus Fine for causing damage to allies.
You can see that when there is a mission where you should earn base XP. --Franz_von_Suppe:eu (talk) 16:00, 3 April 2021 (UTC)