- 1 Ranked Battles Season 7
- 2 Economy Changes
- 3 New Content
- 4 Improvements and Fixes
Ranked Battles Season 7
Ranked battles are back! Starting at Service Record Level 14, face off against foes in fast-paced battles with seven-player teams! Win battles for rewards and stars to earn new Ranks!
When you triumph in Ranked Battles, your rank increases, your opponents get tougher and the rewards get better! Earn Rank 1 for the ultimate season reward and even more bonuses.
- There are 23 ranks separated into leagues: Third League, Second League, First League, Premier League and the League of Sea Wolves.
- Reaching Ranks 23-17 and Ranks 15, 12 and 1 is irrevocable.
- At Ranks 23-20, you can’t lose a star for a defeat. For most Ranks, a defeat means you lose a star -- avoid it by being your team’s top XP earner.
- You’ll need tier VI ships for battles at Ranks 23-2 – get to Rank 1 and play moves to Tier VIII ships!
- Team lineups mirror each other in terms of ship types and tiers.
|League||Rank||Stars for next rank||Ship Tier||Map Pool|
|Third League||23-16||1 star on the 23rd rank, 2 stars for ranks 22-16||VI|| Strait|
|Second League||15-11||3 stars for the next rank|
|First League||10-6||4 stars for the next rank|
|Premier League||5-1||5 stars for the ranks 5-2|
|League of Sea Wolves||N/A||N/A||VIII|| Neighbors|
Warrior's Path (Epicenter Mode)
First Season of Ranked Battles?
You’ll start at Rank 23 -- if you played in the prior season of Ranked Battles, you’ll get bonus stars, one for each of the Ranks you reached:
|Rank in Prior Season||Bonus Stars||Starting Rank in Current Season|
- Tier VI battles take place on: Strait, Ring, New Dawn, Fault Line, Trident, Neighbors and Riposte.
- Tier VIII Ranked players will clash on Trident, Neighbors, Northern Lights, North, Riposte, and Warrior's Path (Epicenter).
|21||10x Each: Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, and Mike Yankee Soxisix Signal Flags|
|20||10x Each: India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, and Hotel Yankee Signal Flags|
|19||10x Each: Zulu, India Bravo Terrathree, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, and Zulu Hotel Signal Flags|
|18||10x Each: Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, and November Foxtrot Signal Flags|
|17||15x Type 5 Camo|
|16||1 Premium Day|
|15||Third League Flag (–5% Bonus to cost of post-battle service) and a Chatham Dockyard Commemorative flag for participating in the season.|
|14||15x Each: Sierra Mike, November Echo Setteseven, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unaone, and Mike Yankee Soxisix Signal Flags|
|13||15x Each: India Delta, India Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo, Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, and Hotel Yankee Signal Flags|
|12||20x Each: Zulu, India Bravo Terrathree, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, and Zulu Hotel Signal Flags|
|10||Second League Flag (–10% Bonus to cost of post-battle service)|
|9||15x Halloween '16 Camo|
|8||15x Restless Fire Camo|
|7||15x WoWS Birthday Camo|
|6||15x Type 3 Halloween 'Camo|
|5||First League Flag (–20% Bonus to cost of post-battle service)|
|4||15x Valentine Camo|
|3||15x St. Patrick Camo|
|2||15x GamesCom Camo|
|1||100x Ranked Camo, 2,500 Doubloons, "Jolly Roger" Flag|
League flags are removed when the season ends. The Commemorative Flag and "Jolly Roger" remain on your account.
Rank 1 Rewards
- "Jolly Roger" flag for reaching Rank 1 the first time.
- "Jolly Roger II" for reaching Rank 1 a second time.
- Premium Tier VII cruiser USS Flint for reaching Rank 1 a third time.
- A new "Jolly Roger III" design for reaching Rank 1 a fourth time.
- USS Black (Tier IX Premium destroyer) for reaching Rank 1 a fifth time.
- Make it to Rank 1 for the sixth time, and you'll get the "Jolly Roger IV flag!"
Only results from Seasons 2 to 7 will be taken into account. The ultimate reward for reaching Rank 1 will be credited permanently to accounts after the season ends.
The League of Sea Wolves
Reach Rank 1, and you enter a battle ranking to match wits and ships with other Commanders heart's content at tier VIII. We'll set a daily prime time with Container missions to simplify finding a team!
Play a Ranked Battle and be in your team's top two XP earners!
Ranked Battles, Tier VIII ships
We analyzed Update 0.6.0 data and reconfigured the reward ratios for the following activities:
- Increased reward for spotting ships by ~25% for carriers and battleships and by ~50% for cruisers and destroyers.
- Increased reward for damage from your spotting by ~25% for battleships, ~50% for carriers and by ~75% for cruisers and destroyers.
- Decreased reward for potential damage by 75% for carriers, by 50% for destroyers and by 25% for cruisers and battleships.
Averaged data showed:
- Rewards for carriers, battleships and cruisers won’t change.
- Credit and XP rewards for destroyers should increase by an average of 2%.
Each ship type gets more rewards for engaging in their priority activities:
- Carriers: Damage upon your spotting; spotting.
- Battleships: Potential damage.
- Cruisers: Potential damage; damage upon your spotting; spotting.
- Destroyers: Damage upon your spotting; spotting; potential damage.
Potential Damage is comprised of the following:
- Potential maximum damage from shells, bombs and torpedoes that hit your ship, with or without causing damage.
- Potential damage from shells, bombs and torpedoes that fired/launched by the enemy at your ship but which did not hit.
XP and Credit Ratio Changes
XP and Credit earnings of all ships were analyzed, too, and we changed some earning ratios:
- Erie: -10%
- Black Swan: -5%
- Hermelin: -10%
- Hashidate: -5%
- Orlan: -5%
- Bougainville: +10%
- T-22: +5%
- Podvoisky: +10%
- Gnevny: +10%
- Ognevoi: +10%
- Tashkent: +10%
- Mutsu: +5%
- Duca d'Aosta: +5%
- South Carolina: -5%
- North Carolina: -5%
- Erie: -5%
- Bougainville: +5%
- Nurnberg: +5%
- Aoba: +5%
- Orlan: -5%
- Budyonny: +5%
- Isokaze: +5%
- Storozhevoi: -5%
- Podvoisky: +5%
- Gnevny: +5%
- Minsk: +5%
- Kiev: +5%
- Tashkent: +10%
- Grozovoi: +5%
Developers, supertesters, and other special contributors get to sample the Premium Soviet Tier V battleship Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, British battleships HMS Nelson, HMS King George V, Lion and Conqueror (Tiers VII-X).
Added new port "Sarushima Base" from High School Fleet.
New Map: "Riposte"
Ready your favorite vessels and try out the new "Riposte" map, created just for Ranked Battles. Take a Mediterranean holiday, bask in the warm waters, and stay on guard -- “Riposte” offers absolute symmetry with twin islands that ships of any type can use to their advantage.
Improvements and Fixes
- Corrected display of Commander status in post-battle stats.
- Corrected Port filter function when Elite and Premium ships are selected at the same time.
- “Select a suitable ship” no longer displays in the Campaigns section if you select a correct ship when you re-enter the game.
- Commander carousel now shows the Commander whose Personal File is being accessed.
- Fixed display of "No places left in the Reserve" displaying when a player below Account Level 7 sells several ships.
- Fixed bug where fighters occasionally got stuck in a close loop while approaching their target during an Alt attack.
- Fixed incorrect display of HP value for restored per second for ships in the Port when the “India Delta” Signal Flag is mounted.
- Fixed bug with play of .mp3 files in user modifications.
- Fixed incorrect processing of Arpeggio and Italian voiceovers.
- Fixed game launching in a different resolution when restarted.
- Fixed flickering squadron cells when squadrons return to their carrier.
- Fixed incorrect chat messages from AI ships in Operation Aegis.
- Changed wording of interrogative sentence displaying when reassigning a Commander to a different ship.
- Tirpitz: Enabled deployment of catapult when launching aircraft.
- De Grasse: Due to drastic changes between the cruiser’s 1938 design and the ship that entered service in 1956, we replaced the text “Entered service: 1956 // Ships in a series: 1” with “Entered service: 1938”.
Changed completion criteria for some Campaign tasks:
- Science of Victory - Mission 1, Task 7: Added an option to complete the task in a Random Battle
- Science of Victory - Mission 8, Task 9: Reduced the fires counter to five from the previous 10
- Honorable Service - Mission 1, Task 4: Changed the wording from "Be the first to spot 2 enemy destroyers" to "Destroy 1 enemy destroyer and win the battle". Also Changed the number of stars granted for completing this task from 3 to 2. If the task was already selected, it's discontinued automatically.
- The look of water is improved with a new lighting calculation model that should help it align better with the scenery. Let us know what you think of the new waves and splashes!
- Reworked sky textures for all weather conditions
- Reworked the settings for water and lighting
- Improved visibility of torpedo cone, shell tracers and smoke screen boundaries, reduced the thickness of fog on all available maps
- Improved lighting effects on all maps, added dynamic lighting on the following maps: Strait, New Dawn, The Atlantic, North, Hotspot, Fault Line, Two Brothers, Land of Fire, Shards, Sea of Fortune, Islands, Northern Lights, Okinawa, Trident, Neighbors, Loop, Estuary, Haven, Operation Killer Whale, Defense of Naval Station Newport.
Use a special filter to hand-tailor your audio settings:
- Mixed: Keeps the music the same as the previous update.
- Original: Only plays tracks added before the introduction of dynamic music.
- Dynamic: Plays dynamic music only, without old tracks.