Shields at maximum power, Commander! This April Fools' Day marks the return of Space Battles and Space Port. Update 0.7.3 will introduce a new selectable battle type: Space Battles! All you have to do is select "Space Battle", pick your space vessel, and click "Battle!" to charge into extraterrestrial tussle!
Spaceships and their commanders are credited to players' accounts after completing a simple mission. If you win a battle on a Tier VI-X cruiser, four ships will arrive in your account: Galaxy, Aurora, Norma, and Zaya. For victory on a Tier VI-X destroyer, you'll receive Blue Aster and FlyFire. The mighty Alldestroyer, beautiful Paris, and elegant Hellcarrier will become available if you win on a Tier VI-X battleship or aircraft carrier correspondingly.
Here's what Space Battles brings you:
- Nine sweet spaceships
- Nine out-of-this-world Commanders
- A new battle type with exclusive mechanics
- Event-exclusive Containers with Space Patches and other loot!
- Stellar Achievements
- Get the lowdown on Space Battles in the full article!
Clan Rental Rotation
Just a reminder that the players who played a Random or Clan Battle with Tier VIII–X ships in Update 0.7.2 will have received a set of three Tier X rental ships for temporary use: German cruiser Hindenburg, Japanese destroyer Shimakaze, and Japanese battleshipYamato.
In Update 0.7.3 these ships will be removed from the player’s account and replaced with three new Tier X rental ships: Russian cruiser Moskva, American destroyer Gearing, and British battleship Conqueror.
In order to receive these ships on your account, you need to play a Random or Clan battle in Update 0.7.3 with a tier VIII–X ship. When this requirement is met, you will find all three ships in your Port.
- The ships are given for temporary use and will be removed in Update 0.7.4
- You can play these ships only in Clan Battles
- A special countdown timer located next to the ship’s image in the Port will notify you about the time this ship will be removed
- You cannot mount any camouflage on the rented ships
- You can reassign Commanders to the rented ships without any penalty
- The credits and XP earned by the rented ships are calculated the same way as for ordinary ships
- When the ship is removed, her Commander is sent to the Reserve. All upgrades, consumables, and signals are demounted and stored in the Inventory. The XP earned with the rented ship is transferred to the starting ship of the respective nation
- If a rented ship has alternative modules (for example, Shimakaze’s torpedoes), they can be mounted free of charge
- If you recruited a new Commander for a rented ship, this Commander’s specialization will be changed to the starting ship of the respective nation.
- If a Commander was first recruited for a rented ship, and then re-assigned to another ship, then his specialization will be automatically changed to the ship he is assigned to when the update is released. The Commander’s skills will not be reset
- Ships are added together with a Port slot. The Port slot will be removed simultaneously with the ship removal
We enhanced the collision alert system. Now it accounts for the ship's speed, size, and distance from the terrain.
We also adjusted how AA guns affect detectability. Now, their current maximum firing range is taken into account. This means if the long-range AA guns are destroyed, the detactablility range and minimap indication readjust accordingly.
On top of the new Space Patches, Update 0.7.3 will introduce new symbols and backgrounds for new Patch combinations. These can be unlocked through special combat missions. The new symbols will revolve arond weaponry: hanguns, halberds, bombs, katana, and more!
Symbols and backgrounds from prior Updates now have a chance of appearing in daily Containers.
Ships of all types, except carriers, now have animations when the horn is activated in battle. The ship stacks will blow off steam when the horn is activated.
- A special sound signal (ring) will play when a battleship's main caliber battery is fully reloaded.
- You will be able to use your ship’s horn in the Port, too. To activate it, use the same key as in a battle (by default: “N”).
- We added a new voiceover modification—"National +". You can now enjoy any national voiceover of standard Commanders along with a special voiceover of unique Commanders if there is one (HSF, Arpeggio of Blue Steel).
- AP and HE shells flying at and around your ship will produce different sounds depending on the type of shell.
- The sound of the torpedo tubes rotation is now reproduced without interruptions.
- The ambient sounds (water and wind) in the Port will now vary depending on the camera angle.
- Added “Loudness Compensation” in the Audio settings. This increases the high and low frequencies at low volumes (the lower the volume, the higher the bass and treble).
- Added a setting in the Port to display/hide the additional content for the Space Battles event.
- The Engine Boost Modification 1 upgrade is now available on French battleships Gascogne, Richelieu, Alsace, and République.
- When converting Premium ship XP and Elite ship XP to Free XP, ships with the least amount of accumulated XP will be the first to have their XP converted.
- The ship searching feature in the carousel was improved. Now, you don't need to enter a full ship's name. Even if you misspell it or put in a typo, in most cases, you will still find the desired ship.
- Every time the client crashes, a file will be created with the .dmp extension. The size of the file will not exceed 500 Kb. Such files will contain information about the state of the application following a crash. This will help developers to find out what caused these crashes and fix them.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Commander skills with a gun caliber condition (“… up to 139 mm”) to operate properly on ships carrying guns with a caliber of exactly 139 mm.
- Fixed a bug which brought up ship stats whenever the "H" key was pressed while typing in the chat box.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the camera from focusing on an air squadron when double-pressing the relevant key attributable to the number of that squadron.
- Fixed a rare bug that disabled hints in the battle-loading screen.
- Fixed an issue with the number designating a ship’s tier merging with the name of the ship in the XP conversion screen.
- Fixed a glitch with an IDS being displayed in place of a key name when mapping an action to Number Key in Controls settings.
- Fixed a glitch which caused progress for a combat mission/challenge to get stuck in the post-battle stats screen.
- Fixed a bug affecting the team setup criterion in Operation Killer Whale ("withdraw to the designated area with at least half of your combat-capable fleet").
- Fixed a bug which caused the local weather conditions indicator to disappear after a reconnect.
- Fixed a bug with the Priority Target skill not working properly in Scenario battles.
- Fixed a bug that produced an incorrect smoke effect when the Engine Boost was activated on Charles Martel with the Scarab camo applied.
- Fixed a bug with ships getting stuck in a collision with terrain in Sector E5 on the "Two Brothers" map.
- Fixed a bug with a hint displayed permanently following an attempt to enter password for access to a training room in non-Latin characters.
- Fixed an issue with bots showing poor combat effectiveness in Scenarios. They will now operate with the required effectiveness depending on their tier as was initially intended at the release of the Scenario mode.
- Map Updates:
- On the "Sleeping Giant", "Land of Fire", and "Hotspot" maps there are now four capture points, two of which will be under control of the teams at the beginning of a battle. However, players may encounter versions of the maps with their previous three-point layout. In the new layout, every capture point provides 4 points for every 9 seconds when it is held by any of the teams. Each team will have a starting pool of 200 points. Similar changes were introduced on the Northern Lights map with 4 key areas, 2 of which initially under control of the teams.
- On the "Hotspot" and "Land of Fire" maps, we made a minor change to the spawning positions of the teams. Apart from that, we changed the positions of team bases on the "Hotspot" map (Standard Battle mode) by moving them closer to the center.
- Enhanced Clans Interface:
- The Clan Battles log in the Clans interface now allows for the past 50 Clan Battles instead of 30.
- You can now decline multiple Clan invitations at a time. Just tick every invitation you wish to decline and press "Decline Selected."
- Fixed a bug that capped Clan Membership at 30, even with an upgraded Clan General Headquarters.
- We're changing Clan Rules in 0.7.3. The Rules are intended to promote fair play and equality among all Clans. We made the Rules more straightforward, added transparent wording, and we’re hopeful players will understand that all violations can entail various negative consequences not only for a given player account, but for that player’s Clan as a whole. Read 'em here!
- The textures of the following ships were enhanced:
You can apply permanent Space camouflages to the following ships:
- U.S. destroyer Gearing: Flyfire
- U.S. cruiser Des Moines: Galaxy
- Japanese carrier Hakuryu: Hellcarrier
- French battleship République: Paris
- Japanese cruiser Zao: Zaya
- U.K. cruiser Minotaur: Norma
- Soviet cruiser Moskva: Aurora
- German battleship Großer Kurfürst: Alldestroyer
- German destroyer Z-52: Blue Aster.
These camo patterns will be available for 8,000 and will provide the same economic bonuses of standard permanent camouflages:
Don't Have a Tier X Ship Yet? You have until Update 0.7.4 to climb to the top! Missions in April will help out, along with a Free XP Conversion event from Apr. 13 - 17! Stay tuned for details.
The Revolutionary camo is now unavailable for purchase in the game client.
After the final Update in a series of Updates dedicated to the release of French battleships goes live, reward containers "Vive la France" issued for hitting one and two stars in Operation Hermes will be replaced with random containers ("More Credits"; "More Signals and Camouflages"; "More Consumables").
The following ships were added for testing by developers and supertesters:
- Columbia (formerly Cleveland)
- Pittsburgh (formerly Baltimore)
- Astoria (formerly New Orleans)
- Salt Lake City (formerly Pensacola)
New names will be assigned to the U.S cruisers only for the duration of the testing period and will be replaced with the original names when the test is over. We made this change to avoid confusion of these ships with the ones already existing in the game.