Early DevBlog entry
Captains! Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable:
From: Wed. May 13 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 13 5:00 AM
Until: Wed. May 13 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 13 8:00 AM
Update size: 3.1 GB
Soviet Cruisers ● Submarine Battle ● Enhanced Consumables ● Ranked Battles ● Interface, Graphics, and Audio ● Game Maps and Modes ● Other Changes
- 1 Soviet Cruisers
- 2 Submarine Battle
- 3 Enhanced Consumables
- 4 Ranked Battles
- 5 Interface, Graphics, and Audio
- 6 Game Maps and Modes
- 7 Game Balance Changes
- 7.1 Tier VIII European destroyer Öland
- 7.2 Tier VIII U.S. cruiser Cleveland
- 7.3 Tier IX Seattle and Tier X Worcester U.S. cruisers
- 7.4 Tier VIII U.S. battleship North Carolina
- 7.5 Destroyers Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, and Ognevoi
- 7.6 Tier III Soviet cruiser Aurora
- 7.7 Tier IV Soviet battleship Gangut
- 7.8 Tier III U.K. destroyer Valkyrie
- 7.9 Tier IX U.K. destroyer Jutland
- 7.10 Tier X U.K. destroyer Daring
- 7.11 Tier II U.K. cruiser Weymouth
- 7.12 Tier V U.K. cruiser Hawkins
- 7.13 Tier V German destroyer Т-22
- 7.14 Tier VI German destroyer Ernst Gaede
- 7.15 Aircraft
- 8 Content Additions and Changes
- 9 Other Changes and Improvements
Soviet Tier VIII–IX heavy cruisers are coming to Early Access!
Features of the new Tech Tree branch
- Effective AP shells with excellent armor penetration capabilities, good ballistics, fewer over-penetrations, and enhanced ricochet angles.
- A relatively long reload time and special accuracy settings: the ships of the new branch have a larger dispersion ellipse at long distances in comparison to other cruisers.
- The combination of their accuracy settings and the Surveillance Radar consumable they carry, which has a 12 km operating range, makes the new cruisers most efficient in medium-range encounters.
With the release of Update 0.9.5, X Moskva and V Kirov will be replaced in the Tech Tree by X Alexander Nevsky and V Kotovsky, respectively. VIII Tallinn, IX Riga, and X Petropavlovsk will become available to research in Update 0.9.6.
- V Mikoyan, Early Access Soviet cruisers VIII Tallinn and IX Riga, and the Soviet permanent camouflage will be available in bundles that can be exchanged for Soviet Tokens. The bundles are opened in sequential order.
- You’ll find Soviet Tokens in event containers that can be obtained by completing Directives or received from Daily Shipments. You can also earn Soviet Tokens by gaining victories playing cruisers VIII Pyotr Bagration, VIII Ochakov, and V Mikoyan.
- Completing all four Directives will reward you with the Soviet permanent camouflage for V Mikoyan.
- VIII Pyotr Bagration and VIII Ochakov are available in the Armory in exchange for doubloons.
The Black Sea Port has been updated and renamed Novorossiysk Port.
Starts: Wed. May 27 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 27 5:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Jun. 24 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. Jun. 24 5:00 AM
Submarines are arriving and will be playable in a separate battle type! This will enable us to continue testing the new ship type while we adjust the balance and mechanics on the live server by involving more participants, and won’t affect the other battle types. Only once we're done with all these steps will we be able to decide on the final fate of the new unit type.
Players will be able to enter Submarine Battles playing submarines and Tier VI ships.
Submarines are fragile but stealthy hunters, capable of traveling not only horizontally, but also diving into the depths. The diving depth of a submarine affects her detectability, viewing range, and range of possible interactions with other submarines and ship types.
The main armament carried by submarines is acoustic homing torpedoes. You can launch an attack from any depth, and submarine-specific mechanics—sonar pings—will help you increase the potential effectiveness of your torpedo salvos. Keep an eye on your battery charge and use sonar pings wisely. Torpedoes can ascend from the depths and hit an enemy only with the help of an active effect from a sonar ping. If you run out of battery charge, reduce your speed to 1/4 or ascend to the surface level to recharge it.
Keep an eye on enemy destroyers and cruisers. All destroyers, as well as cruisers VI Dallas, VI Budyonny, VI Leander, and VI Perth carry depth charges. These are an effective weapon that can hit submarines hiding underwater.
You will find more details about the new event, features of submarines, and ways to counter them in a dedicated article.
Enhanced consumables are set to become free, while standard consumables will be removed entirely. Consequently, all battles will be fought with ships utilizing enhanced consumables, and players no longer need to spend credits on them.
Enhanced consumables mounted on ships and kept in the Inventory will automatically be exchanged for credits at a rate of 1:22,500. “More Consumables” containers will no longer be obtainable, and any such containers that you already have on your account will each automatically be exchanged for 160,000 credits. For other rewards, enhanced consumables will be replaced with signals.
Since aircraft carriers have no enhanced consumables, their parameters won't change, and the cost of servicing aircraft carriers has been adjusted to make it equal relative to other ship types. For example, the cost of servicing Tier X aircraft carriers will be reduced from 240,000 to 180,000 credits.
Start: Wed. May 20 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 20 9:00 AM
End: Tue. Jun. 16 6:30 AM PT / your local time: Tue. Jun. 16 8:30 AM
Format: 7 vs. 7 playing Tier VII ships
Rewards: up to 4,700 Steel and many additional rewards
Maps: Archipelago, Ring, Big Race, New Dawn, Trident, Neighbors, and Riposte
The Season’s details will be published in a dedicated article.
Interface, Graphics, and Audio
- The design of the Modules tab has been updated. Under this tab, you can now view all upgrades and consumables for any ships that you haven't yet obtained.
- Ships can be researched and obtained via the Tech Tree screen. Click on a ship once to open the Spec Sheet with Purchase/Research buttons. Click on a ship twice to open the Modules tab. Clicking on an empty area of the Tech Tree will hide the Spec Sheet.
- The consumable and armament icons have been updated.
- The Northern Lights, Shatter, Sleeping Giant, Loop, Greece, and Crash Zone Alpha maps have been reworked to accommodate the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology.
- A special animation is now displayed when a shell ricochets off armor.
- We’ve enhanced the visual display of boat handrails, as well as rigging, in Ports and on maps.
- Updated the national voiceovers for Polish, Dutch, and Austro-Hungarian ships. The presence of any unique Commander voiceovers is now taken into account when the "National+" voiceover is selected.
Game Maps and Modes
The following maps have been reworked:
- Loop: the location of islands has been updated. This will make approaching Key Areas and maneuvering within them easier.
- The Atlantic: an island located in square A7 at the map border has been removed.
The starting number of points in Domination mode in Co-op Battles has been increased:
- from 300 to 400 points in the mode with 3 Key Areas.
- from 200 to 300 points in the mode with 4 Key Areas.
This will help reduce the number of battles that end due to one of the teams reaching zero points.
Game Balance Changes
In Update 0.9.4, we've made changes to the parameters of certain ships based on our analysis of their battle efficiency and feedback from players. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow, should they be required, in future updates.
Tier VIII European destroyer Öland
- Standard torpedo tube reload time reduced from 70 to 59 s.
Tier VIII U.S. cruiser Cleveland
- Fighter consumable added to the slot with Surveillance Radar.
Tier IX Seattle and Tier X Worcester U.S. cruisers
- Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables added to the slot with Surveillance Radar.
Tier VIII U.S. battleship North Carolina
- Deck armor thickness increased from 37 to 38 mm.
Destroyers Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, and Ognevoi
- Defensive AA Fire consumable is now available for mounting on any hull.
Tier III Soviet cruiser Aurora
- Gun traverse speed increased from 5.3 to 5.5 deg/s.
Tier IV Soviet battleship Gangut
- Base main battery firing range increased from 12.3 to 12.4 km.
Tier III U.K. destroyer Valkyrie
- Main battery reload time increased from 5.4 to 5.6 s.
Tier IX U.K. destroyer Jutland
- Main battery reload time increased from 4.2 to 4.3 s.
- Torpedo tube reload time increased from 124 to 125 s.
Tier X U.K. destroyer Daring
- Main battery reload time increased from 2.7 to 2.8 s.
- Torpedo tube reload time increased from 124 to 125 s.
Tier II U.K. cruiser Weymouth
- Added the Repair Party consumable.
- Main battery reload time increased from 8.57 to 8.9 s.
Tier V U.K. cruiser Hawkins
- Main battery reload time reduced from 13.5 to 13 s.
Tier V German destroyer Т-22
- Hydroacoustic Search consumable added in a separate slot.
Tier VI German destroyer Ernst Gaede
- Hydroacoustic Search consumable is available for mounting on a standard hull.
- The spotting range of all aircraft has been reduced from 17 to 16 km (spotting range being a parameter that determines the distance at which an aircraft can detect a hostile target).
Content Additions and Changes
The Armory now offers containers with elements of the "Resolute and Rapid" collection. The containers can be obtained in exchange for 6,000 Coal. The reward for completing the entire collection is the unique Italian historical Commander, Luigi Sansonetti.
With the release of Update 0.9.4, all European Tokens will be exchanged for credits at the rate of 1:7,500.
The Victory Day permanent camouflage, which is available in exchange for doubloons, has been added to the Camouflage tab of the Exterior section for the following ships: VIII Alabama, V Texas, VII New Orleans, VII Duke of York, VIII Implacable, VI Aigle, VII Minsk, and V Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.
The following expendable camouflages have been added: Recruiting Station, Trophy, Awarded, Deserved, and Triumphant.
More details on how to get these items will be announced later.
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: IV Rhein, VI Weser, VIII August von Parseval, X Manfred von Richthofen, VIII Z-35, and VIII V. I. Lenin.
Other Changes and Improvements
- Increased the game client loading speed when a large number of Commanders are present in the Port.
- Account Levels have been renamed Access Levels. Reaching a new level is now accompanied by a voiceover.
- A ship’s detectability range by air is now equal to the firing range of the ship's AA guns for a period of two seconds after her AA guns cease firing. This affects detectability only in situations where enemy aircraft are within the range of your AA defenses.
- Updated the algorithm that selects recommended Clans and updated the design of the Recommendations tab in the Clans section.
- Reworked the animation of the torpedo-aiming cone. Now the aiming cone moves more smoothly near the target position.
- The word “Flag” has been removed from the names of flags.
- Fixed bugs in the descriptions of the features of ship branches in the Tech Tree.
- Fixed a bug due to which the fore and aft athwartship bulkheads of VIII Graf Zeppelin and VIII Graf Zeppelin B had a thickness of 20 mm. Now the thickness of part of the bulkheads is 60 mm.
- Small corrections have been made to textures and models of the following ships: VIII Mainz, VI Guépard, VII Skåne, X Småland, X Venezia, VIII Vladivostok, X Daring, X Hayate, X Ohio, IX Brindisi, I Eritrea, X Halland, VI Trento, IX Georgia, VII Sims, VIII Amalfi, VII Zara, X Minotaur, V Visby, VIII Siliwangi, V Raimondo Montecuccoli, X Marceau, II Enseigne Gabolde, VIII Lightning, and IX Östergötland.
- Fixed a bug that caused a string of lights of the New Year permanent camouflage on aircraft carriers to be lit up from bow to stern, when they should light up from stern to bow.
- Fixed a bug that caused X Smolensk to be displayed as a Premium ship, and not as a special one.
- Fixed bugs on maps Archipelago, Estuary, Polar, Haven, and Tears of the Desert; and in Ports New York, Marseille, and Fjords.
- Fixed a bug due to which, when inserting text with characters <, >, or ^ into a chat message in the Port, cause the text to be cut off. Now these characters will be removed.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to not automatically be disconnected from the server after 3 hours of inactivity.
- Fixed the display of tooltips when hovering over the “Ready” and “Not Ready” buttons in the Training Room and on the Division screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused battle modes in the Training Room to be called "Battle Type."
- Fixed a bug that caused the sizes of windows to be changed incorrectly when the value of the Increase UI Scale setting was higher than 100%.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to shut down when pressing the ESC button while opening the window displaying patches.
- Fixed a bug that caused talent and skill icons to overlap each other in the Personal File window of Commander Günther Lütjens.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reticle to show incorrect information about the readiness of guns for firing with the Reduce GUI Refresh Rate option enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused autopilot to switch off when dragging autopilot waypoints on top of each other.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for the overview camera in the Port to switch from one gun to another gun of the same type.
- Fixed a bug that caused the interface text to be partially blurred.
- Fixed a bug that caused the secondary/AA guns indicator, information about fixing guns, and fire and flooding timers to not be displayed after reentering a battle.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to plot an autopilot route on a specific area of the Tactical Map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reload timer to reload for a second longer when the reload time was longer than 1 minute.
- Fixed a bug that caused the icon of a completed mission of a Campaign to move down if the mouse was hovered over it.
- Fixed a bug where secondary guns could shoot at the enemy through allied ships.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to confirm the "Ready" status in a Division for Clan Battles with an unsuitable ship selected.
- Fixed a bug where the torpedo alarm indicator, collision alert indicator, and the Radio Location indicator didn’t allow players to select a priority target for their secondary battery guns.
- Fixed a bug that caused the buoys indicating the boundaries of Key Areas to be displayed only at close range.
- Fixed a bug where a squadron’s reticle before the start of an attack was not displayed in the spot where it was fully aimed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from mounting the Ship Consumables Modification 1 upgrade on VII Belfast and VII Z-39.
- Fixed the incorrect naming of the AA guns on III Romulus.
- Fixed a bug that caused the names of items in collections to be written in capital letters.
- Fixed a bug that caused a marker above a torpedo to appear before the torpedo was armed.
- Fixed a bug due to which, when switching to another ship, ships with the “Coming Soon” field displayed the “Test Ship” field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a squadron from attacking immediately after taking off.
- Fixed a bug due to which, with the 1366x768 resolution selected, icons of unavailable missions were displayed incorrectly in the Campaigns window.
- Fixed a bug that caused aerial bombs to deal damage later than the point when they hit the target.