- 1 Principles of Ship Replacement
- 2 New Collection and New Campaign
- 3 Battle UI: Information
- 4 Game Balance Changes
- 5 Azur Lane Collaboration
- 6 Audio Improvements
- 7 Content Changes
- 8 Other Improvements and Fixes
Principles of Ship Replacement
The general principle is "players will not lose anything".
- A ship that has been replaced will remain available to the player (in their Port if she was purchased, and in the researched state if she was researched).
- The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a ship slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or will become researched (if the replaced ship has been researched).
- Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.
- For the replaced ship, her Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the standard branch. A new Commander with bonus XP will be recruited for the replacement ship.
- If a permanent camouflage was purchased and mounted on the replaced ship, it will remain mounted on this ship and a new permanent camouflage (for the added ship) will be added to the player's account.
- The game statistics for the cruisers Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore will be divided; the statistics for the ships' new roles will be gathered starting from scratch.
Please note! When Update 0.7.5 hits the live servers, all players will have a chance to complete the following combat mission: Play one battle of any type with Tier VI cruiser Pensacola to get 190,000 Elite Commander XP. This will allow you to easily redistribute the skill points of the Commander or retrain the Commander of the Tier VI Cleveland to the new ship. The combat mission will become available for completion until June 29.
Tier VI American cruiser Cleveland
- If you researched Tier VI cruiser Cleveland, you will get a researched Tier VI cruiser Pensacola and Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland. Tier VI cruiser Cleveland is removed from the account with all her modules.
- Tier VI cruiser Pensacola will come with the researched modules similar to the ones researched on Cleveland. On the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland, only stock modules will be researched.
- Players who already have the Tier VI cruiser Cleveland will get:
- The Tier VI cruiser Pensacola (in the same build as Cleveland). All commanders and XP earned with cruiser Cleveland will be transferred to the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola.
- Also, players get the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland in stock build and a Commander with 8 skill points for the ship.
- Camouflages: If you have the standard permanent camouflage for Cleveland, you get the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola and the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland.
- If you already have any of the permanent camouflages, your duplicate will be exchanged for a refund in credits in the amount equivalent to its cost in Doubloons.
- Players who have the New Year permanent camouflage for Cleveland will get the New Year permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland only.
- If your Tier VI cruiser Cleveland had the top module 152 mm/47 Mk16 researched, your newly added Tier VI cruiser Pensacola will be added 7200 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 580,000 will be added to your account.
Tier VII American cruiser Pensacola
- If you researched the Tier VII cruiser Pensacola, then the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans will become researched post-update. Tier VII cruiser Pensacola is removed from the account with all her modules.
- The Tier VII cruiser New Orleans will come with the researched modules similar to the ones researched on Pensacola.
- Players who already have the Tier VII cruiser Pensacola get:
- The Tier VII cruiser New Orleans (in the same configuration as Pensacola). All Commanders and XP earned with the cruiser Pensacola will be transferred to the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans.
- Also, players get the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola in stock build and a Commander with 6 skill points for the ship.
- Camouflages: If you have the standard permanent camouflage for Pensacola, you get the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans and the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola.
- If you already have any of the permanent camouflages, your duplicate will be exchanged for a refund in credits in the amount equivalent to its cost in Doubloons.
- If your Tier VII cruiser Pensacola had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk14 researched, your newly added Tier VII cruiser New Orleans will be added 12,000 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 980,000 will be added to your account.
Tier VIII American cruiser New Orleans
- If you've already researched the Tier VIII cruiser New Orleans, you get the researched Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore. Tier VIIII cruiser New Orleans is removed from the account with all her modules.
- The Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore will come with the researched modules similar to the ones researched on New Orleans.
- Players who already have the Tier VIII cruiser New Orleans get:
- The Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore (in the same build as New Orleans). All commanders and XP earned with cruiser New Orleans will be transferred to the Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore.
- Also, players get the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans in stock build and a Commander with 7 skill points for the ship.
- Camouflages: If you have the standard permanent camouflage for New Orleans, you get the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore and the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans.
- If you had the Congratulatory permanent camouflage for New Orleans, you get a congratulatory permanent camouflage for the Tier VII cruiser New Orleans only.
- If your Tier VIII cruiser New Orleans had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk14 researched, your newly added Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore will be added 20,000 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 1,570,000 will be added to your account.
Tier IX American cruiser Baltimore
- If you researched the Tier IX cruiser Baltimore, you get the researched Tier IX cruiser Buffalo post-update. Tier IX cruiser Baltimore is removed from the account with all her modules.
- Tier IX cruiser Buffalo will come with the researched modules similar to the ones researched on Baltimore.
- Players who already have the Tier IX cruiser Baltimore get:
- The Tier IX cruiser Buffalo (in the same configuration as Baltimore). All commanders and XP earned with Baltimore will be transferred to the Tier IX cruiser Buffalo.
- Also, players get the Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore in stock build and a Commander with 8 skill points for the ship.
- Camouflages: If you have the standard permanent camouflage for Baltimore, you get the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier IX cruiser Buffalo and the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Baltimore.
- If your Tier IX cruiser Baltimore had the top module 203 mm/55 Mk15 researched, your newly added Tier IX cruiser Buffalo will be added 27,500 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 2,400,000 will be added to your account.
- All mounted upgrades, camouflages, signals and consumables will be demounted from replaced ships and stored in the Inventory.
If any of the ships is to be issued several times (e.g. when a player has both Cleveland and Pensacola, they get Pensacola added to their account twice: Pensacola + Cleveland and New Orleans + Pensacola), the player will get the ship in a configuration set in the replacement rules, a Commander, a slot and a refund in credits in the amount equal to the purchase price of the ship in stock configuration regardless of all available discounts.
- If the player earlier purchased Tier VI Cleveland and Tier VII Pensacola, then a bonus of 2,950,000 will be added to their account.
- If the player earlier purchased Tier VII Pensacola and Tier VIII New Orleans, then a bonus of 5,570,000 will be added to their account.
- If the player earlier purchased Tier VIII New Orleans and Tier IX Baltimore, then a bonus of 8,900,000 will be added to their account.
Bonuses Given in Exchange of Duplicate Camouflages
- If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VI ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 1,500,000.
- If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VII ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 3,000,000.
- If a duplicate permanent camouflage for a Tier VIII ship is added to the player's account, then such duplicate will be refunded in the amount of 4,500,000.
Thus, if by the moment of Update 0.7.5 release you have Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore with the top modules mounted and permanent camouflages purchased, then the total amount of credits you'll be given as a refund resulting from the transfer of the ships within the tech-tree will be equal to 31,950,000.
New Collection and New Campaign
Update 0.7.5 is not all about ships. We'll offer a new themed campaign and a collection that will be available in the game on a permanent basis.
Campaign "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!"
The story of the "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" campaign will tell about the military career of the U.S. Admiral William Halsey. To complete it, you'll need ships of Tier VIII or above while some tasks will require U.S. ships of select types only. By completing tasks, you get a variety of useful rewards, including supercontainers given for accomplishing final tasks. Once you are through with the last task of the final mission, you get a unique commander called William Halsey with 15 skill points, talents and a commemorative patch.
In the game, William Halsey will boast the following skills, talents, and distinguishing features:
"Expert Loader" skill:
- -75% (instead of -50%) to the reload time of guns when switching shell type.
"Expert Marksman" skill:
- +3 deg/s (instead of 2.5 deg/s) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to and including 139 mm.
- +1 deg/s (instead of 0.7 deg/s) to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.
"Hit Hard!" talent. After earning the "Confederate" achievement, Commander Halsey's ship gets:
- -20% to the main battery loading time.
- -20% to the service time of carrier aircraft.
- -10% to the reload time of torpedo tubes.
"Hit Fast!" talent. After earning the "Double Strike" achievement, Commander Halsey's ship gets:
- -10% to standard detectability (the value stacks if the "Double Strike" achievement is earned several times in a battle).
“American Cruisers” collection
The "American Cruisers" collection is quite large, offering as many as 48 items to collect. Including:
- Stylized images of U.S. cruisers ranging from St. Louis in 1907 to Des Moines in 1948;
- Historically significant American naval weaponry like the 152 mm Mark 16 twin turret or the M2 Browning anti-aircraft machine gun;
- Medals of merit issued by the U.S. Navy like Medal of Honor or Silver Star Medal.
- Patches (as collection items) such as machine gunner or radar operator patches.
- Completing the subcollections will allow you access to a set of alternative color patterns for standard expendable and permanent camouflages for U.S. ships, as well an ability to fly a second flag on them. Each of the sub-collections will be dedicated to one type of ships only.
You can build your collection as long as you are "subscribed" for it, i.e. if the "Collect" button is activated on the collection screen. Should you decide to continue with a different permanent collection, your progress under the "American Cruisers" collection will be suspended until you press the above-mentioned button again. If the "Collect" option is enabled for this collection, collectible items will come in daily containers.
The US frenzy is by no means over at this point as next we’ll be launching the first part of a marathon of combat missions with the ultimate reward being the Tier VII Premium cruiser Indianapolis.
The majority of "American" containers will primarily be available as a reward for the successful completion of the marathon missions. In addition to the expendable "Stars 'n Stripes" camo, special and economic signals, they may contain combat missions which, once completed successfully, will bring Premium ships ranging from Sims and Monaghan to Atlanta and Kidd right into your Ports. The refitted researchable Cleveland and a corresponding commemorative patch can also be obtained that way. Each of the missions can drop out for you only once. If you already have any of the above-mentioned ships, you'll get a Commander slot and a bonus in credits. Please note that the combat missions for those ships will only be available in the period from June 1 till August 20, 2018.
More details about the conditions of the marathon will be available in an article on June combat missions.
Battle UI: Information
- A new “Spotted” ribbon will now be available in the game. The new ribbon will be issued when you spot a ship that is spotted for the first time or gets spotted again after remaining undetected for at least 90 seconds of battle time. Campaign tasks will be adjusted accordingly: the "Be the first to spot X enemy ships" condition will be replaced with the requirement to score X "Spotted" ribbons. Any tasks already in progress before the update goes live will be completed automatically once the update is installed.
- Adding to that, all players will now be able to see which type of bombs, AP or HE , is carried by allied and enemy dive bombers in a battle. The new icons will be visible in the game world and on the Minimap.
- To make gameplay more comfortable, a locked target ship's orientation line will now be displayed on the Minimap. By aligning your own course line and that of an enemy ship, you'll be able to fire more effectively.
- We have slightly enhanced lines on the Minimap to make them thinner and better suited for the overall battle UI.
Game Balance Changes
- To improve the competitive advantages and overall combat efficiency against the other unique Commanders, Yamamoto Isoroku will obtain the following enhanced skills:
- "Expert Marksman":
- +3 (instead of +2.5) deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to and including 139 mm;
- +1 (instead of +0.7) deg/s to the traverse speed of guns with a caliber exceeding 139 mm.
- "Preventive Maintenance":
- -45% (instead of -30%) to risk of modules becoming incapacitated.
- "Expert Marksman":
- Indianapolis’ ability to mount the Surveillance Radar () consumable with a 9.9 km reach turns this ship into somewhat of a unique representative of Premium ships at Tier VII. However, this heavy cruiser often lacks the agility needed to promptly respond to changing battle conditions. For that reason, in Update 0.7.5 the ship's rudder shift time and main turrets traverse speed will change, making this ship more maneuverable and more interesting to helm while remaining on par with the refitted U.S. heavy cruiser New Orleans:
- The rudder shirt time was reduced from 9.1 to 8.4 sec.
- The main turrets traverse speed was increased from 6.0 to 7.0 deg/s.
Azur Lane Collaboration
Good news for players who like anime! We're launching a co-project with Azur Lane, a mobile game popular in Asia. As part of this collaboration, seven Commanders with unique voiceovers will come to World of Warships along with three commemorative flags and an expendable camo. One of the Commanders that will stand at the helm of battleship Nelson and the Azur Lane expendable camouflage patterns will come as rewards for completing a chain of combat missions. The other Commanders as well as the commemorative flag will be available in the Premium shop.
- The following new sound effects will be available after switching to the "High" and "Ultra" audio settings:
- In the Naval Base port, we added the sounds of trains, cars, cranes and planes flying across the sky. Destroyer construction facilities will produce noise, too.
- In the Philippines port, church sounds can be heard.
- In the "Dunkirk" port, players will now hear the sounds of bomber aircraft flying by, and the distant sounds of bombings.
- In the Black Sea port, we added sound effects for activities on the square.
- In the Hamburg port, we've added sound effects for planes flying across the sky, churches and ships passing by.
- In the Kronstadt port, we've added sounds to planes, fireworks and ships as well as seagulls flying up in the sky.
- In the London port, fireworks and carousels will now also be audible.
- In the Marseille port, we added sounds to the plane, church and ships.
- In the Zipangu port, we added sounds to planes and ships.
- Ships in the New York port will now produce sounds as well.
- Added aircraft sound effects on the "Polar" map.
- The "Low" audio setting has been further optimized to release even more resources. The maximum effect will be achieved for PC configurations running a 32-bit operating system with limited RAM resources. With this option selected, ship engines will be silenced and ambient sounds will be turned off.*
- The following unique permanent camouflages will come with individual sound patterns for the main and secondary guns, AA guns and ship horns:
An alternative background soundtrack is now available in the Kronstadt port.
- Thirty-two new soccer-inspired patches will appear in the game. Stay tuned for news on our official website to learn how to grab those goodies!
- We added a new starting symbol for patches, "Artillery", depicting two crossed cannons.
- With the release of Update 0.7.5, the Soviet Tier IX cruiser Kronshtadt will be available for purchase in the game client for 750,000 Free XP.
- "The Maid of Orleans" and "The Republic" permanent camouflages for battleships Richelieu and Gascogne will no longer be available for purchase in the game client.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- We've rolled out a minor update to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Prevention System. Now, when a player hits an allied ship, mirror damage will be inflicted on that player only after receiving an allied damage warning. Immediate infliction of mirror damage occasionally resulted in situations when a team lost two players at a time.
- Smoke screens will now be visible from all distances regardless of graphics settings or hardware configuration. Previously, the rendering sequence applied to smoke screens could be broken, making any deployed smoke invisible in the binoculars view.
- Fixed an issue which could increase a ship's detection range after launching the Spotting Aircraft before firing at an increased distance.
- Fixed an issue which caused an incorrect display of an allied ship's movement when that ship was being followed by a player whose own ship had been destroyed.
- Once a player's ship that is locked on by an enemy ship disappears from sight for more than four seconds, the target lock will be removed from that ship. Previously, the target lock would remain on the ship until a different ship is locked on, and would not get removed from the player's ship even if after getting out of sight for a considerable amount of time.
- A new option is added for launching World of Warships from Wargaming Game Center. "Launch the game with default settings" will reset all the user settings applied to the game client before launching.
- Added minor improvements to the models and textures of the following ships: Budyonny, Leander.
- In connection with the replacement of ships in the tech tree of U.S. cruisers, we are changing bot-operated ships in Operations as follows:
- In the "Defense of Naval Station Newport" operation, the allied Pensacola will be replaced with Helena;
- In the "The Ultimate Frontier" operation, enemy Pensacola, Cleveland and New Orleans will be replaced with Indianapolis, Dallas and Cleveland.
- Minor fixes:
- Changed icons for Premium consumables. Now, Premium consumables will be marked with an additional icon, making it more distinguishable from standard consumables.
- Reworded the description of a camouflage attribute from "maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship" to "Maximum dispersion of incoming enemy shells".
- An erratic notification stating that a hot key for activation of voice messages is not set will not be displayed anymore.
- Revised the wordings warning about inability to enter the battle when your Division includes an offender who is imposed a restriction to enter certain battle types.
- Fixed the rarely manifested bug that caused incorrect launch of torpedoes.
- Fixed incorrect display of the background in the flag selection window for Pan-Asian and Commonwealth ships.
- Fixed the bug that made it impossible to switch to the Division chat, when you create and join a Division during the battle.
- Fixed the bug that changed the player's status in the system for prevention of unsporting conduct after a server disconnect.