Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-1
Fw 190 A-1
|580 km/hTop Speed at Sea Level|
|580 km/hTop Speed at Best Altitude|
|1200 mOptimum Altitude|
|750 km/hMaximum Dive Speed|
|37.8 m/sRate of Climb|
|180 km/hStall Speed|
|351 km/hOptimum Airspeed|
|13.3 sAverage Time to Turn 360 deg|
|160 °/sRate of Roll|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Tier||Engine||Engine Power, hp / Thrust||Type||Weight, kg||Price,|
|IV||Fw 190 V5k||240||2700||30000|
|Tier||Machine gun||Caliber||Muzzle Velocity, m/s||Damage||Rate of Fire, rounds/min||Weight, kg||Price,|
|V||20 mm MG-FF/M (W)||20||1200||67||360||90||21950|
Pros and Cons
- High top speed, second only to the XP-44
- Good altitude performance.
- Great gun arrangement, 20mm cannons are equally effective on ground targets as they are against planes.
- 50lb bombs are underwhelming, relies on guns to do major damage to ground targets
- High stall speed, a destroyed engine can kill you fast
- Atrocious maneuverability, among the worst of all tier Vs that are multiroles or standard fighters.
This is the first re-searchable multirole fighter available to the German line. Unlike the Yak-7 and F4F multirole fighters, the 190 A-1 is very fast and has high altitude performance. That being said, staying at a high altitude is imperative. The XP-44 can compete at higher altitudes, but you will rip it apart with your guns. It's HP pool rivals that of its American competitors as well, being a three-way tie for the most HP for a multirole at tier 5. Unlike its American rivals, the A-1 has a great gun assortment. The 20mm guns are very effective at destroying aircraft as well as ground targets. This makes up for it's lackluster bombs. The 50lb bombs do not do much damage. Stay at high altitude for best performance. Use your guns to shred through enemies and avoid turn fights. It is imperative to avoid falling into turn and burn battles, as the A-1, and indeed the A-5 that follows it, cannot function in turning battles to save their lives, so more of a boom and zoom approach is recommended; just be sure you have enough boost left to get out of trouble.
- Researching guns will get you a much needed upgrade in firepower
- Bombs next, they help destroy ground targets