Hawker Hurricane Mk I
|480 km/hTop Speed at Sea Level|
|480 km/hTop Speed at Best Altitude|
|900 mOptimum Altitude|
|560 km/hMaximum Dive Speed|
|32.4 m/sRate of Climb|
|120 km/hStall Speed|
|240 km/hOptimum Airspeed|
|10.5 sAverage Time to Turn 360 deg|
|100 °/sRate of Roll|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Muzzle Velocity, m/s|
|Rate of Fire, rounds/min|
|Tier||Engine||Engine Power, hp / Thrust||Type||Weight, kg||Price,|
|IV||Hurricane MK. I (late)||220||2150||31000|
|Tier||Machine gun||Caliber||Muzzle Velocity, m/s||Damage||Rate of Fire, rounds/min||Weight, kg||Price,|
|III||.303 Vickers Mk.III (W)||7.7||960||23||600||30||3200|
Pros and Cons
- deceptively good acceleration
- Mounts the exact same top guns as the Bristol 146, will chew through tier IIIs, tier IVs, even some tier Vs it gets behind
- Rather durable for a tier IV Multi-role
- Can carry bombs
- extremely low stall speed
- not the most agile multi-role fighter of its tier
- While it carries one more bomb than the Skua, they each have half the explosive power
- no autocannons, don't expect to get quick kills off most tier Vs.
The First of the two hurricanes available in game. The Hurricane Mark I may not have the same agility as the Bristol 146, but it packs the exact same menacing punch in terms of firepower. It also has an 8 second boost duration, meaning that if things get too iffy, the Hurricane Mk I can usually zoom out of danger to reposition itself or lick its wounds.
The key with the Hurricane Mk I - if using it solely against aircraft - is to be mindful of who is around you. Try to take out planes that can out-turn you in a single pass first, and avoid turn and burn battles with them, then go for less nimble targets until such threats come around again. As long as you keep watch of what is around you, you will do decently with the Hurricane Mk I.
- The engines should come first, the second engine is shared with the Spitfire I.
- Next should be the guns, if you have already passed the Bristol 146, mount them immediately.
|Fighters||IIBristol Bulldog • IIIBristol Type 133 • IIISupermarine Type 224 • IVBristol Type 146 • IVFairey Fantome • VCAC CA-12 Boomerang • VMiles M.20 • VSupermarine Spitfire I • VSupermarine Spitfire Mk Ia • VVickers Venom • VINorth American Mustang Mk.I • VINorth American Mustang IA • VISupermarine Spitfire V • VIIGloster Meteor F. I • VIISupermarine Spitfire IX • VIIISupermarine Spitfire XIV • IXSupermarine Attacker • XSupermarine Swift|
|Heavy Fighters||IVBristol Blenheim F • VBristol Beaufighter • VIDe Havilland 98 Mosquito • VIIDe Havilland 103 Hornet • VIIIWestland P.1056 • IXGloster P.228 • XGloster Javelin|
|Attack Aircraft||IIICAC CA-1 Wirraway|