|790 km/hTop Speed at Sea Level|
|790 km/hTop Speed at Best Altitude|
|1800 mOptimum Altitude|
|900 km/hMaximum Dive Speed|
|54.7 m/sRate of Climb|
|180 km/hStall Speed|
|480 km/hOptimum Airspeed|
|13.5 sAverage Time to Turn 360 deg|
|160 °/sRate of Roll|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Muzzle Velocity, m/s|
|Rate of Fire, rounds/min|
|Damage Radius, m|
|Tier||Engine||Engine Power, hp / Thrust||Type||Weight, kg||Price,|
|Tier||Machine gun||Caliber||Muzzle Velocity, m/s||Damage||Rate of Fire, rounds/min||Weight, kg||Price,|
|VIII||12.7 mm MG-53HB (W)||12.7||1200||65||800||60||24600|
|Tier||Bombs||Damage Radius, m||Damage||Weight, kg||Price,|
Pros and Cons
- Decent altitude performance coupled with high rate of climb and long boost allows it to terrorize heavy fighters and bombers
- Guns don't overheat and have high DPS, so this thing can down bomber flights solo
- Lots of ordnance, and it reloads relatively quickly
- Meh maneuverability
- Lack of gun range hurts when coupled with the subpar maneuverability
- Doesn't really go fast enough to escape US and German fighters
This plane is a modest upgrade from the P-47N, with slightly stronger rockets, somewhat stronger guns (though with two fewer of them), and slightly faster speed. Unfortunately, its enemies are significantly stronger, and usually have the altitude performance to keep up with you at any height. Therefore, you must be very careful when picking your fights. Lone bombers and attack aircraft are always a top priority. Don't be afraid to abuse your high roll rate to switch targets, since you probably won't get a second pass on them.
Fully upgraded, this plane has a 20 second boost, and a 120 second reload on bombs and rockets.
- You should already have the 500 pound bombs from the XP-44.
- First, research the .50 M3 guns for a significant boost in firepower.
- Research the HVAR Mk. 25 next for more ordnance.
- Research all of the engines for better climb rate.
- Last, research the second airframe.
History for this plane not found
|Fighters||IICurtiss P-23 • IICurtiss XP-31 • IIIBrewster F2A-1 Buffalo • IIICurtiss Hawk 75M • IIIBoeing YP-29 • IVSeversky 2PA • IVCurtiss Model 81A-1 • IVCurtiss P-36 Hawk • IVCurtiss P-36C Hawk • IVGrumman XF4F-3 • VBell XFL-1 Airabonita • VCurtiss P-40 Warhawk • VBell XP-77 • VChance-Vought XF4U-1 • VIBell P-39N-1 Airacobra • VINorth American P-51A Mustang • VIINorth American P-51D Mustang • VIIICurtiss XF15C • VIIINorth American P-51H Mustang • VIIILockheed P-80A Shooting Star • IXVought F6U Pirate • IXNorth American FJ-1 Fury • IXMcDonnell XF-85 Goblin • XNorth American F-86A Sabre|
|Heavy Fighters||VLockheed P-38F Lightning • VILockheed P-38J Lightning • VIGrumman XP-50 • VIIGrumman F7F Tigercat • VIIFisher XP-75 Eagle • VIIIChance-Vought XF5U Pancake • VIIINorth American P-82B Twin Mustang • VIIILockheed XP-58 Chain Lightning • IXMcDonnell F2H Banshee • XLockheed XF-90|