Update 0.11.11: New Year Frenzy
Update 0.11.11 delivers the following new features:
New Year Celebrations ● Dockyard ● Japanese CLs: Pt 2 ● Battle Pass ● Bounty Event ● Brawls ● Armory ● Content Additions and Changes ● Other Changes and Improvements
- 1 Update 0.11.11: New Year Frenzy
- 1.1 New Year Celebrations
- 1.2 Dockyard
- 1.3 Japanese Light Cruisers: Part 2
- 1.4 Battle Pass
- 1.5 Bounty Event
- 1.6 Brawls
- 1.7 Armory
- 1.8 Content Addition and Changes
- 1.9 Other Changes and Improvements
- 1.10 Notes
New Year Celebrations
Start: Fri. Dec. 09 4:00 AM
End: Wed. Jan. 18 4:00 AM Central
We've prepared loads of gifts and New Year activities for you to enjoy as part of our New Year celebrations! Check out the Armory to grab a free Santa's Gift container. Another Santa's Gift container will be waiting for you in the in-game Premium Shop. And you can find one more free container in our [ article dedicated to the New Year celebrations] on our website.
Besides that, bundles featuring Santa's Gift, Santa's Big Gift, and Santa's Mega Gift containers await you in the Armory and Premium Shop. They hold Doubloons, Coal, days of Warships Premium Account, Elite Commander XP, Port slots, expendable economic bonuses, expendable camouflages, signals, or one of 174 ships. This year, we've updated the contents of all three container types and added 40 ships to them, including rare and Tier X ships.
Santa's Gift Containers
The WoWs Wiki has an article on the contents of these containers here.
Battle Performance Bonuses
In Update 0.11.11, you can earn the traditional New Year rewards for your battle performance by playing your Tier V and higher ships! The rewards differ depending on the ship tier:
A New Year Certificate is a temporary resource that can be exchanged in Update 0.11.11 for 375,000 Credits or any of the three types of Santa's Gift holiday containers.
- You can exchange one New Year Certificate for one Santa's Gift container.
- It takes three New Year Certificates to grab one Santa's Big Gift container.
- One Santa's Mega Gift container can be yours in exchange for five New Year Certificates.
You'll be able to exchange New Year Certificates for the three Santa's Gift containers two days after Update 0.11.11 is released. With the release of Update 12.0, each remaining New Year Certificate will be exchanged for one Santa's Gift container.
Just like during the celebrations of World of Warships’ 7th Anniversary, players with 100 or more ships in their Ports will be able to obtain several rewards in a single battle at once! The number of gifts you’ll receive after each battle depends on the number of ships you have in your Port and the amount of Base XP earned in that battle. For example, a player with a Port fleet exceeding 300 ships will be able to earn four gifts in one battle — one gift for entering battle with a ship and three gifts for effective performance in battle.
Starts: Wed. Dec. 14 4:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Jan. 04 4:00 AM Central
Two teams of Santa Clauses from the North and South Poles have found themselves in a gift delivery race. You need to choose which team you want to ally with and join the race!
When you cross the finish line, each team will give you a New Year holiday reward, one of two themed Commanders — Papá Noel (for Pan-American ships) or Scrooge Nicholson (for British ships), each with 6 skill points. One of the two Silver Swirl permanent camouflages for X Halland or X Conqueror will also be among the rewards. The first time you earn a reward playing on either team, you'll also receive the Carol Clash achievement.
By participating in the event, you'll earn Frosty Tokens that can be exchanged for various valuable items, New Year Commanders, and our new Festive Finery containers until Update 12.0 goes live. You’ll be able to obtain up to 12 Festive Finery containers in total in Update 0.11.11. When opening the 10th container, you're guaranteed to get a bonus package for Tier VIII ships if you haven't already received it by that point.
By participating in various activities on our website, you can obtain a themed Commander named Pirate Santa for Commonwealth ships as the final reward.
You can also unlock a special combat mission that offers the Frosty Night commemorative flag as a completion reward.
You'll find detailed event rules, rewards, and other information in a separate article.
When Update 12.0 goes live, any remaining Frosty Tokens on your account will be converted into Credits at the rate of 1:7,500.
New Year Battles
Update 0.11.11 brings five groups of New Year Battle combat missions. To complete them, you need to obtain VII Renown '44, which is one of the free rewards at the Dockyard. Completing all groups of combat missions will earn you 21x New Year Sky expendable camouflages and 6x Festive Finery containers.
All five groups of combat missions will become available with the release of Update 0.11.11. You can complete the first combat mission group only by playing VII Renown '44.
Four weeks after the release of Update 0.11.11, you will gain access to a special chain of combat missions. Completing them will reward you with either VI Dido or VI Canarias on top of some valuable rewards. If you pick a ship that you already have in your Port as your reward, you'll receive compensation instead in the form of 8,250,000 Credits.
The Fjords Port has been updated and renamed “Santa City” to mark the New Year celebrations; the exteriors of the Santa's Gift containers have also been updated.
The Hamburg Dockyard kicks off the construction of IX Admiral Schröder in Update 0.11.11.
The ship is armed with as many as eight 305 mm guns housed in four main battery turrets. She is well suited for combat at medium and short ranges due to her quite solid durability and decent armor protection for a cruiser. Closing in on a hostile ship will trigger her powerful, long-range and accurate secondary guns.
To repel torpedo attacks, her “trademark” German Hydroacoustic Search consumable will certainly come in handy. The cruiser has good concealment and is able to quickly change flanks and take up any needed position owing to her Engine Boost with improved characteristics.
Rules of the Dockyard
- The construction process at the Dockyard comprises 30 phases.
- You can advance through shipbuilding phases by completing Dockyard missions or spending 1,750 Doubloons to pass through each phase.
- The combat missions span 6 weeks of Update 0.11.11 and the first 2 weeks of 12.0. The Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the start of Update 12.1.
- In total, you can progress through 26 out of 30 shipbuilding phases by completing combat missions.
- Completing the 19th phase will bring you VII Renown '44.
- Upon completing the construction process, you will receive IX Admiral Schröder in the War Paint permanent camouflage with a Port slot, Commander with 10 skill points, and commemorative flag.
All details about constructing IX Admiral Schröder are available in this dedicated article.
Japanese Light Cruisers: Part 2
Japanese light cruisers are continuing their journey in Early Access.
The new ships have a good firing range starting from Tier VII, so medium and long ranges are optimal for engagements. From Tier VIII and higher, the cruisers have an impressive number of main battery guns, but it also takes longer for them to reload.
The ships have good concealment, and they are armed with long-range torpedoes that inflict heavy damage. This allows them to escape from artillery duels or, if necessary, approach the enemy unnoticed within attack range.
The torpedo tubes of the Tier VII and above cruisers have turning mechanics. This means that you can take advantage of wider launch angles, as the torpedoes can course correct after launch to compensate for the physical turning limitations of the launchers themselves.
The ships have access to the Damage Control Party, Hydroacoustic Search, and Fighter consumables. From Tier VI and above, you can choose between Hydroacoustic Search and Defensive AA Fire in the same slot. Starting from Tier IX, the cruisers have access to Repair Party.
- V Agano, VI Gokase, and VIII Shimanto, which all entered Early Access in Update 0.11.10, are still available in sequential bundles in the Armory in exchange for Japanese Tokens.
- Once you've obtained all the sequential bundles for the Tokens, you'll be able to grab X Yodo for Doubloons.
- IX Takahashi, along with other rewards, is available in random bundles for Doubloons.
When Update 12.0 goes live, the Japanese cruisers will become available for all players to research.
Starts: Wed. Dec. 07 4:00 AM
Ends: Wed. Jan. 18 4:00 AM Central
Update 0.11.11 brings a new Battle Pass (BP). You can earn Battle Pass Points by completing daily and weekly combat missions.
Among the rewards of the Free Battle Pass, you'll find various containers, Free and Elite Commander XP, Credits, Coal, Steel, Research Points, and Port slots. The final reward of the Free Pass is 7x Rare Bonuses containers and a themed Commander with 10 skill points for Spanish ships — Papá Noel.
The Premium Battle Pass, available for Doubloons, unlocks even more rewards as well as rare and unique expendable economic bonuses of each type. The final reward of the Premium Pass is 25x New Year Certificates. Premium Pass holders can complete Battle Pass levels in exchange for Doubloons.
You can also purchase a large Battle Pass pack, which grants you the Premium Battle Pass and seasonal resource bonuses. These bonuses work similarly to Clan Base bonuses and remain active throughout the entire Battle Pass. With the large pack, you gain access to special combat missions that will bring you additional Battle Pass Points.
Seasonal bonuses in Update 0.11.11
* Missions that provide additional BP points are activated one per week, but they remain available until the release of the following update.
Continue progressing through the Battle Pass missions after completing all the stages to earn the following fixed post-progress rewards:
- Free Battle Pass rewards — More Signals and Common Bonuses containers
- Premium Battle Pass rewards — Free Battle Pass Post-Progress rewards as well as Rare Bonuses containers and Coal
You'll be able to exchange New Year Certificates for the three types of Santa's Gift containers two days after Update 0.11.11 goes live. With the release of Update 12.0, each remaining New Year Certificate on your account will be exchanged for one Santa's Gift container.
More details about the Battle Pass are available in this dedicated article.
We regularly hold special in-game activities where players need to spot one of our volunteers or contributors in battle and sink them to earn a reward.
Starting from Update 0.11.11, this activity is called “Bounty Event.” You'll see it displayed in the game client while the event is active. During this activity, you need to hunt down one or more players with the Bounty status in Random Battles and sink their ships. In battle, a Bounty player can be identified by a special icon in the form of a target.
You can also try out the Bounty role by submitting an application during the event announcement and joining the ranks of randomly selected players. Fend off overwhelming enemy forces or hunt down other Bounty players if you encounter them in the opposing team.
Players who complete a special combat mission for the event will earn rewards, and those who manage to sink Bounties will get the Bounty Hunter commemorative achievement for each of them.
Stay tuned for the announcements on our website!
Start: Mon. Dec. 12 10:00 AM
End: Mon. Dec. 19 3:00 AM Central
For Brawls in Update 0.11.11, we've updated the selection of maps. We've also improved the balancing of Divisions and made them available in this battle type again. Players can expect five Brawls in different formats.
Round 1 utilizes a 5 vs. 5 format with Tier VII ships. During this round, you can participate in the Brawl as part of a Division. See [https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/brawls-01111-1/ here. Details about the other rounds will be available in a dedicated article. Stay tuned for more news!
DD X Tromp
With the release of Update 0.11.11, X Tromp will become available in the Armory in exchange for 238,000 Coal. You'll also be able to obtain her from the Premium Shop. Tromp was a large destroyer leader armed with 150 mm guns, officially listed as a light cruiser in the Royal Netherlands Navy.
X Tromp enjoys a wide range of armament that allows her to utilize a variety of tactics in battle. The basis of her firepower is represented by large-caliber guns (relative to the ship type) with a good reach that are capable of dealing solid damage to other destroyers or even larger ships. Tromp is equipped with medium-range fast-reloading torpedoes that have average speed and damage characteristics, and their number per broadside salvo is lower than that of other same-type ships.
Besides torpedoes, the destroyer has the HE Bomb Airstrike available that was previously found on Dutch cruisers only.
The ship has decent concealment and can stealthily approach an opponent to deploy Airstrike or torpedoes. In artillery combat or when capturing Key Areas, keep in mind that the destroyer lacks Smoke Generator.
Her consumables comprise Defensive AA Fire and Emergency Engine Power. The latter can help increase the ship's low speed when necessary.
“Christmas and New Year in the Navy” containers are available to purchase for Coal. Gather elements of the “Christmas and New Year in the Navy” collection to obtain 1 day of Warships Premium Account for completing each section and a Santa's Big Gift container for completing the entire collection.
Due to the separation of exterior elements and economic bonuses, we've updated the contents of the “Christmas and New Year in the Navy” containers.
For contents of the containers, see here.
Content Addition and Changes
With the release of Update 0.11.11, the Dockyard combat missions banner will be removed from the menu available on the left-hand side of the Port (access will be granted via the Combat Missions tab instead). Apart from that, we’re temporarily removing the following banners as well: Recruiting Station and Naval Battle (access will be granted via the Player Profile tab and the Clans tab, respectively).
The update brings the following items to the game:
- “For Meritorious Service” and Pioneer patches
- Pioneer expendable camouflage
- Z-42, Brisbane, and Dupleix commemorative flags
We've updated the contents of Supercontainers and Steam Supercontainers: ship IV Imperator Nikolai I has been removed and 22 other ships have been added.
The complete contents of Super containers is documented here.
The contents of Premium Ship V, Premium Ship VI, Premium Ship VII, Premium Ship VIII, and Premium Ship IX containers and special containers have also been updated accordingly.
The portraits of standard Italian Commanders have been updated and several new ones have been added.
The Supertest and Deserved ST camouflages have been updated.
The exterior designs of the following flags have been updated: Developer, The First Season, Restless Fire, Clash of the Elements Participant, Collector, Navy Day, Santa Claus Legion, Secret Santa 2019, “World of Warships: Legends,” EAT PLAY TALK 2020, EAT PLAY TALK 2021, Third Game Anniversary, Fourth Game Anniversary, Fifth Game Anniversary, and Sixth Game Anniversary.
In the forthcoming updates, the contents of certain containers are going to change as well.
In Update 12.0, the Tramontane expendable camouflage is going to be added to the More Camouflages container.
With Update 12.1, several ships are going to be removed from Premium Ship Special containers to make their contents equal to those of Premium Ship containers. Compensation in Premium Ship containers and Premium Ship Special containers will be in Credits and Doubloons, respectively. The names of these containers are going to change as well.
With Update 12.0, the Royal Navy permanent camouflage for VIII Lightning will no longer be available for purchase via the Exterior tab. But it will continue to be available as a reward for completing the Royal Navy Destroyers collection.
In Update 12.0, we're also updating the contents of the Lunar New Year container and Lunar New Year Premium container. See this Wiki page for the updated contents.
At the beginning of each battle, the distribution of ships on the flanks and in the center of the map will become more even between teams. Submarines will spawn closer to the opposite side of the map and more often on the flanks.
Training Missions for New Players
In Update 0.11.11, we've added Tutorial Missions for novice players in a test format. Initially, they will only be available to a limited number of players. In subsequent updates, Tutorial Missions will be available to all players who have fought no more than 300 battles.
Tutorial Missions will help new players get to grips with the basic principles of the game. They unlock gradually as players progress through Access Levels and are accompanied by hints that will draw players' attention to various game mechanics. To complete the missions, players need perform well in battle and also perform certain actions in the Port, such as learning a Commander skill or mounting an upgrade on a ship. Completing these missions will bring players small rewards.
Changes to the News Tab
The news banner in the game client has been moved to the main menu of the Port. We've also updated the news interface, as well as added recommendations and information about the new features of the current update version of the game.
★ Clausewitz and ★ Dalarna are steaming towards their respective national ship branches. Both ships were offered at the Lighthouse auction that took place in Update 0.11.8. To obtain the ships, follow the same rules as those that apply to other superships in the Tech Tree. Only players who own or have researched at least three Tier X ships will have access to Clausewitz and Dalarna. To purchase a particular supership, you must also research the Tier X ship of the corresponding branch.
Ships VI Dupleix, X Brisbane, X Z-42, ★ Joshua Humphreys, and ★ Kunming have been added for testing by developers, volunteers, and community contributors.
Besides that, we're working on new unique upgrades for researchable Tier X ships. The following ships have been added for testing these upgrades: X Ravenna (an analog of X Venezia), X Södermanland (an analog of X Halland), X Petrozavodsk (an analog of X Petropavlovsk), X Otto Lilienthal (an analog of X Manfred von Richthofen), X New Hampshire (an analog of X Vermont), X Amerigo Vespucci (an analog of X Cristoforo Colombo), X Lübeck (an analog of X Elbing), X Vrijheid (an analog of X Gouden Leeuw), and X Admiral Orlov (an analog of X Admiral Nakhimov).
Other Changes and Improvements
Starting from the next update, the numbering of subsequent versions is going to be changed, and the next update number is designated “12.0.”
- Specific features of superships added to the Tech Tree.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when game mods were used.
- Updated armor models for X Minotaur, VIII Z-35, and IX Z-44. The change doesn't affect the battle performance of the ships.
- Fixed an issue that caused icons of the ship flags to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused an outdated game loading screen to be displayed when the Internet connection was lost.
- Fixed geometries and textures of the following ships: VI Gokase, IV Yūbari, III Katori, IV Kuma, IV Isokaze, V Minekaze, V Kamikaze, III Wakatake, IV Danae, V Jianwei, VI Queen Elizabeth, VIII San Diego, VII Huron, X Moskva, VIII Kiev, X Z-52, ★ Sekiryu, and VIII Bismarck.
- Fixed geometries and textures of the following permanent camouflages: “King of the Sea XIV — Gladiator” for VIII Admiral Hipper, Blazing Tropics for VII Atlanta, “Azur Lane: New Jersey” for IX Iowa, Celebration for X Conqueror, Greek Trireme for IX Velos, Dawn Harmony for VIII Shimanto, Igor for III St. Louis, Seven Seas for VII Mahan, and Johnston Atoll for VIII Salmon.
- Removed the “Personal order completed” notification in Operations that popped up when additional missions were completed.
- Fixed the incorrect voiceover played when a Contributor container was received.
- Fixed the lighting effects for a ship's flag in Port Azur Lane — Dorm.
- Fixed the lighting effects on the Northern Lights map.
- X Halland’s bow guns can now shoot forward as well as at distances of less than 7 km.
For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.
- The "First victory of the day" bonus is now applied in temporary battle types, too.
- The Depth Charge Airstrike armament and depth charges are now available in all battle types.
- Fixed an issue that prevented submarines from being displayed in the battle queue for Brawls.
- Update the text of the Rules of Ranked Battles.
- Fixed the position of the USS Hornet flag accessible via the Exterior tab.
- Fixed the icon for the Dunkerque flag.
- Updated the loading screen for Tears of the Desert map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the combat camera to infinitely move away from a submarine in some situations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the audio from the battle queue screen to be played in the Port.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a patch symbol to be displayed in the Spectator Mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused AA shell explosions to not be displayed in the path of aircraft that were flying near mountains.
- Fixed issues with the voiceovers of Commanders Wo Wo Niang, Yu Cheng, and Hua Qing.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the sonar ping effect to pass through ships.
- Fixed an issue that caused the sonar ping timer to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invitation to join a Division to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue due to which changes in the detectability of a ship were not displayed in a weather pop-up hint.
- Fixed various issues in the UI and visual effects.
- Fixed an issue that caused bots to stop or fail to fire in some situations in Operations.
- Fixed an issue due to which damage to aircraft from enemy airfields was not displayed in post-battle statistics in Operations.
- Fixed the effect of the illumination shell in Operation Cherry Blossom.
- Fixed an issue that caused the secondary batteries of second-wave bots to fire at the convoy in Operation Aegis.
- Fixed various camera errors in the Spectator Mode and when playing back a replay.
- Fixed an issue where using the Reserve Battery Unit consumable did not prevent a submarine from emergency surfacing after she'd run out of dive capacity.
- :* Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash in certain situations.
- Fixed certain technical issues on the Port cargo ship.
- Fixed certain settings for part of the secondary battery and AA guns for a number of ships.
- Updated the icon and name for ★ Admiral Ushakov's Combat Instructions.
- Fixed an issue that, in rare cases, prevented the reset of progress in Personal Challenges.
- Fixed an issue due to which the clock in the Port was not displayed even with the setting activated.
- Fixed an issue that could make it impossible to enter a Clan Battle in some situations due to an excess in the number of mercenaries in a Division when in fact there was no excess.
Contents and Drop Rates of containers updated regularly.