Talk:World of Tanks
- 1 TankData Template Needs Updating
- 2 Please add the templates for the three 2020 FL reward tanks
- 3 Translating into Dutch
- 4 Gun Elevations
- 5 AMX 50 100
- 6 T-34 (Russian medium)
- 7 Listed battle tiers in 0.9.6
- 8 Stronghold information
- 9 The M4A1 Revalorisé - Not on the Tech Tree
- 10 Missing tank pages
- 11 Actual Tank number
- 12 T28 Proto.
- 13 Refreshing / Updating the Wiki
- 14 Main game developers
- 15 Other Languages
- 16 Poland
- 17 HD REWORK
- 18 Specifications of tanks bought for gold
- 19 Firing Range
- 20 Clans article
TankData Template Needs Updating
Hello! I've noticed a minor problem with the TankData template.
The template appears to be automatically filling in the text at the start of the screen, with the in-game description and such. This is fine, except that the template doesn't appear to have been updated for the existence of Collector's Vehicles. All the now-Collector tanks are being described as the end of their line, instead (see: M3 Lee and AMX 30 1er prototype, for example).
This is technically correct, I suppose, but it really doesn't describe their situation accurately. Could someone with access to this template modify it so that it understands what a Collector tank is?--Redeye_Flight:na (talk) 21:37, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
Please add the templates for the three 2020 FL reward tanks
Translating into Dutch
Is there a way to translate all of these pages into Dutch? I have the time and want to do this for a very long time. I just need to know if this is doable. even doe ruski language is dah stronkest
Can gun elevation angle values of each gun be put back into the wiki? And also showing whether the module research is shared across different tanks? Can DPM calculations for each gun be put back into the wiki as well?
AMX 50 100
Hello, I was editing the AMX 50 100 page and did nothing wrong, but then it says "Template include size is too large. Some templates will not be included." How can we fix it ? --Marc4444:eu (talk) 11:26, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure, since the last time I checked the page was back in June (when the page clearly wasn't broken). I'll look into it. --Haswell:na (talk) 12:31, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, I see now. The tank has been renamed 9.9, thus breaking the template. Thanks! --Haswell:na (talk) 15:29, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello again, I found someone vandalising wiki pages: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Special:Contributions/qiura:eu. I started removing what he di --Marc4444:eu (talk) 21:03, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
T-34 (Russian medium)
What happened to the site of the T-34?
I looked at it a few weeks ago and everything was fine and now it's totally screwed. Who messed with it? Can anyone fix it? It does not look too good.
- The existing page has been moved to Tank:R04_T-34. Have a nice day. --Haswell:na (talk) 15:50, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
ЕБУЧИЕ ПИДОРАСЫ, РАЗРАБЫ ВЫ УЕБКИ КОНЧЕННЫЕ
Listed battle tiers in 0.9.6
Battle tiers for the vehicles with special matchmaking (right hand side column) need a doublecheck as some of them are quite out of date as of 0.9.6. The WZ-111 and StuG IV for example are all listed as having normal (+2 tier) MM on their respective pages, but this is in fact limited to +1. Unfortunately, this data is not editable by normal users, so it would need someone from WG to have a look at. Barteh:eu (talk) 13:35, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- Majority of outdated battletier errors were addressed earlier today as part of a general template overhaul. Omissions made in that time have been corrected. All MM battletiers are now correct to the listed 9.6 MM chart. Template page will remain locked but does not require attention of WG personnel when changes are required, just wiki admins. ForcestormX:na (talk) 19:25, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
I noticed there isn't much stronghold information on the wiki; only the small bit in Game Modes. Since its a big part of the game, it might be an idea to split it out off the Game modes page, make it an own page and add all the data.
The M4A1 Revalorisé - Not on the Tech Tree
Hey, So i was looking around on the wiki and i took a look at some of the Premium/Rare/Beta Test tanks on the tech tree when i noticed that on the French tree the M4A1 Revalorisé wasn't there. It is a tank that i think should be on the wiki for guidance and just basic tank information. If you need some information on the tanks in- game specs and or photo heres a link to Tanks GG page on it https://tanks.gg/en/wot/m4a1-rev#
- The page for the tank will be added as soon as the tank is released to the public. --Haswell:na (talk) 08:07, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
Missing tank pages
- I'm slowly working on redirecting old pages to their new pages, but this will take some time. I'll try to have it done before the end of this week, depending on how busy I am. --Haswell:na (talk) 07:10, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Actual Tank number
On the front page of the wiki, it states that there's over 200+ tanks to play with. While this is indeed true, It's a bit low. Actually counting all of the tanks listed in the wiki, there is Roughly 438 tanks listed. As I cannot change the front page, I thought I'd drop a message
I tried to go in and change up the page to include the fact it now has a closed roof, and I didn't check the preview because it was merely text changes, not in format. That completely buggered the page. I rolled it back to the previous inaccurate version, but it's still buggered.
- The name of the tank has changed, the pages become borked when the name of the page doesn't actually match the vehicle's name. I'll go fix it later today. --Haswell:na (talk) 20:38, 11 March 2016 (UTC)
Refreshing / Updating the Wiki
It would seem as though the World of Tanks Wiki has been quite neglected recently. Lots of missing pages, incomplete information, etc. I'm going to undergo a project to review and update the entirety of the World of Tanks content of the Wiki, and make it a pinnacle of useful information as it once was.
I'll get started mid-October.
Wish me luck! =)
Scorpiany, NA Community Contributor
(September 22, 2016. 1:54 AM, PST)
- And?, how is it going. I wanted to correct some small mistakes, but couldn't figure out how the TankData template is working. Also I do not know where to go with such a question, since the place seems abandoned. Forkboy1, 8 December 2016
Main game developers
Hi, I am a student at the college in the UK and as a part of my project I have to evaluate my favourite game, so I choose World of Tanks. What I need are names of the main developers of the game due to it is a criterion for the project. Thanks for help. unsigned comment by user:KompiKSK:eu, 20 October 2016
- @KompiKSK:eu: Not sure if you will receive an answer here; you may want to contact Wargaming directly via support section on the main website to ask them. --XXN:na (talk) 19:33, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
Hi there. I'm currently starting to get the German version heavily updated. With that, the links to other languages are easy for tank pages, but the other way round (e.g. en:World of Tanks to German version) can't be always done due to access restrictions. Also, I'd like some help with the MapDetails template. It parses the map name from the article title, but it's not always as easy as with en:Himmelsdorf/de:de:Himmelsdorf. German names are often different from the ingame programming (e.g. en:Cliff -- de:de:Klippe). I worked around this by now with just the English names in the German wiki and the German names redirect to the English ones. -- coolathlon:eu (talk) 07:51, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
Why doesn't Poland get added? The Polish nation has been added in 9.19.1, and also the Polish Pudel tank. Along with the Tier IV Rudy premium tank?!
I have sent in the support a lot f massages about the rework in HD quality of ome tanks. The answer was to talk on the forum. I'll suggest some tanks whitch want rework: KV-4, ST-I, T28, T25/2, FV215b, SU-14-2(That looks very terrible), Object 416. What do you think?
- Here is the Wargaming wiki (encyclopedia), not forum. Try to get feedback on forum, if they have said so.
Specifications of tanks bought for gold
Wouldn't it be nice being able to review the Specifications af any tanks bought special on the webshop, BEFORE you buy it?
"The Valentine II has great armour and a high HP pool" meaning what? Let's see.. it's a USSR tanks... I have to enter the tecnology tree, and search for it... Seems as a hard way to find the spec of the tank. Much better if it could be listed on the website where you buy the tank.
And how about the Collectors Gem of the week: T14? I cannot find it's specifications anywhere....
Does the page for each tank show its firing range, because I can't find it.
The Clans article may be quite outdated. The 'distribution of rights' section at the bottom is also incomplete, it refers to a rights list that's not featured in the article (at least not complete), and I would imagine there have been changes in WoT's structure here. Barteh:eu (talk) 08:24, 31 July 2018 (UTC)