- 1 A Daring Discount
- 2 Halloween Event
- 3 Clan Battles
- 4 New Content
- 5 Changes in Ship Detection Mechanics
- 6 Other Improvements and Fixes
A Daring DiscountWant to change up your fleet? Get a -100% discount to respec your Commanders and demount modifications from Oct. 18, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET) through Oct. 23, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET).
Ancient texts suggest that on the last night of October, masses of the undead rise from their final resting places and roam the Earth.
Saving Transylvania is available during the first week of Update 0.6.12. After that, the event is available for the duration of Update 0.6.12, but only for teams assembled by players (just like other previous Operations).
But wait; have you ever asked yourself what happened to the Transylvania and her heroic defenders once they made their daring escape through the Portal? This time, the event will involve two parts, and we invite you to dive in to the sequel of the beloved tale of monstrous ships and hellfire-slinging catapults!
You'll get another chance to play the thrilling "Saving Transylvania" event again to defend the waters of the Silver Spear Archipelago from invasion by the Forces of Darkness!
Starting from the second week and during the subsequent two weeks, we'll add a micro-update to unlock the follow-up part of Halloween 2017, "A Light In The Dark".
In "Saving Transylvania", you control one of three otherworldly warships placed in your Port for the duration of the event: the destroyer Blade, the battleship Jackal, and the cruiser Igor, and their 19-Skill-point Commanders. Together they must escort the Transylvania to the arcane portal that brings them all to safety. Unfortunately, they'll have to fend off Zikasa battleships and hellfire-slinging catapults led by the mysterious Rasputin, determined to destroy the Transylvania and her escorts!
Greet these "old friends" available during the "Saving Transylvania" event:
- Destroyer Blade, with Commander Abraham V. Hellsinger.
- Battleship Jackal, with Commander Henry J. Hide.
- Cruiser Igor, with Commander Victor F. Einstein.
"A Light in the Dark"
Set sail in four new ships with brave Commanders during "A Light in The Dark" event:
- Destroyer Urashima, with Commander Mina Hurray.
- Cruiser Svyatozar, with Commander Ivan K. Ulibin.
- Battleship Magnu-S, with Commander Klaus V. Teslau.
- Carrier Nobilium with, Commander Lazarus Centurio.
Though the commanders may be reassigned between the event ships, they may not be assigned to other in-game ships.
Become one of the first to continue this legendary operation! Help the heroes of Silver Spear repel the attack of the filthy scoundrels and become the beam that will scatter the gathering Darkness.
Update 0.6.13 concludes the "A Light in The Dark" operation, and all ships and their Commanders is removed from your accounts. All upgrades, signals, and flags are then removed from the ships and placed in the Inventory.
If you purchased upgraded consumables during the event, they'll be removed in the next update with 7,500 Credits added to your account for each unit.
With the release of Update 0.6.12, two new Ports, Halloween 2016 and Halloween 2017, are available for all players. The Halloween Port will be basic for everyone.
- Added a control that allows hiding or showing additional content related to the Halloween event.
- Decorated the ship delivering Containers.
- Added a new achievement for completing the "A Light in The Dark" event.
- Brought back the possibility to earn the achievement that can be obtained for completing the "Saving Transylvania" event.
After Update 0.6.12 goes live, find Clan Battles in the list of battle modes!
Clan Battles are played in the 7v7 format with Tier X ships. Restrictions on ship types: one battleship, no carriers -- each team can have a single battleship.
In Clan Battles, you and your Clan clash for points to climb to the top. The Clan Rating system is made up of four Leagues:
|Squall League||Gale League||Storm League||Typhoon League|
|← Start Here! →||→ → →||→ → →||→ → Top Dogs!|
Each league has three groups. To advance, a Clan needs to fight in Clan Battles. Your team increases its rating after each victory and loses it after each defeat. After Clan earns specific amount of rating, it moves to the next group, so, step by step, the Clan advances to the top league and desired podium.
A Clan may be participate in Clan Battle only by a representative of the Clan's senior command (officers not allowed), acting as that squad's leader.
Other Interface-Related Changes
- Invitations to join a Clan can be sent through the Contacts menu in the Port. However, you cannot send an invitation if you are not in a Clan yourself, if you do not have the required authority by your rank in the Clan, or if your invitee is already in a Clan. Moreover, invitations to join a Clan is ineffective if a player is already in another Clan or if the Clan is fully staffed.
- We added the following tabs to the Clan page:
- Clan Battles with the following information:
- Number of battles played by the Clan in the ongoing season.
- Clan’s win rate for the season.
- Clan’s current standing in the season.
- Maximum record for the season.
- Maximum win streak in the season.
- Detailed battle log.
- Clan Rating with information about leaders and the Clan’s position in the season.
- Added information about the Clan’s current standing in the season to the page with the Clan’s Naval Base.
- In the list of Clan members, information about statistics is snow supplemented with data on achievements in Clan Battles.
- Clan Battles with the following information:
Creating a Clan Division
We changed the interface for Clan Divisions. Regardless of battle type, all players in a Clan is able to see all Divisions currently commanded by their Clanmates via the Create Division tab provided that the Division lock feature is not enabled. A player can enter a Clan Division themselves without an additional invitation. Divisions that are currently in battle are marked with a special symbol and do not allow entry.
The following info is available for every Division:
- Division number.
- Type of battle.
- Current and maximum number of members.
- Hover over a Division to see a pop-up with info on Division lineup and extra information.
- A Division is at a specific mark if it contains players that do not belong to Clan.
- When a Division is in battle, a special status is assigned to it.
- If a Division is locked, it is displayed in the list of Divisions but it won’t allow entry.
Detailed information about a Division is available with no need for entry by hovering the mouse cursor over its number.
Changes to Divisions Interface
If a Division is not locked, any player can join it during a battle via the Divisions interface.
We changed the Divisions interface for Operations by adding a ‘Pick up allies’ feature. Check that box, and you’ll have your Division allies picked up randomly from all players looking to join a Division. Be mindful, however, that automatic selection of allies is only available for the Operation of the Week.
The results of Clan battles is transmitted regularly via chat messages. Messages will appear in the neutral, positive or negative colours depending on the type and result of a battle.
Tier X Ship Rentals
No Tier Xs? We're Here to Help!
We know it takes a while to research a tier X ship and that unlocking even one is a grand achievement. But if you're interested in Clan Battles and haven't put in the time to reach tier X, we have rentable ships!
When the season starts, if you played a Random or Clan Battle in a Tier VIII-X ship, you’ll get a set of three special tier X ships for temporary use:
Some things to know:
- You get these ships temporarily, each batch of three is replaced after each three-week cycle, and the final set is removed when Season 1 of Clan Battles ends.
- If you start playing Clan Battles from Update 0.6.12, you’ll be able to try a total of nine different ships throughout Clan Battles Season 1, which lasts from Update 0.6.12 until Update 0.6.15. These ships are replaced in each listed update with three other ships of the same type – a special timer notifies you of that.
- Only for use in Clan Battles.
- You can’t mount any camo on these ships.
- You can re-assign Commanders to these ships without penalty.
- Rented ships bring you the same amount of Credits, XP, Free XP, and Commander XP as ordinary ships.
- When removed, the ships' Commanders are automatically sent to your Reserve; its upgrades, consumables and signals move to your Inventory, and XP earned with a rented ship is transferred to the starting ship of its respective nation.
- If the ships have alternative modules like Shimakaze’s torpedoes, you can mount them at no cost.
- You'll get the ships with their own Port Slots, which leave when the ship does.
We hope these rentable ships drive participation in Clan Battles, and perhaps let you see what you want to research next!
- Added a separate control to enable or disable the display of the action range for the Hydroacoustic Search and Surveillance Radar on the minimap. The display may be enabled in the minimap settings.
- Added an icon for the ammunition panel for bomb carriers with AP bombs.
- Added new Clan function to send Clan invitation from in-game interface.
- Developers, supertesters and other special contributors get to test US Tier VIII battleship Massachusetts, and Commonwealth Tier III destroyer Vampire.
- The ships being tested are not available for purchase and research, but players may encounter them in battle.
- Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast, and Perth are no longer available for in-game purchase.
- "USS Indianapolis"
- "The Coo of Boom"
- "The Hard Fought Victory"
- New "Type 59" camouflage (Cost: 125), found in the "Exterior" tab:
- -3% to detectability range.
- +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship.
- +200% to XP earned in the battle.
- The bonus to XP per battle is increased from 30% to 50% for all permanent camo which provided a 30% bonus to XP earned per battle. The following camo and ships were changed:
- Type "9" (Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Katori, Yūbari, Iwaki Alpha, Tachibana, Tachibana Lima, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin, Arkansas Beta, Texas, Albany, Marblehead, Marblehead Lima, Smith, Imperator Nikolai I, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Diana, Diana Lima, Aurora, Oleg, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, Gremyashchy, Okhotnik, König Albert, Emden, and Campbeltown).
- Type "15" (New York).
- Type "16" (Ryujo, Fuso, Aoba, Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Independence, New Mexico, Cleveland, Farragut, Budyonny, Gnevny, Bayern, Nurnberg, Ernst Gaede, Queen Elizabeth, and Leander)
- Lá Fhéile Pádraig 2017 – Emerald Edition (Emerald).
- Skull (New York).
- Stars and Stripes (Texas).
- Combat Veteran Camouflage (Albany).
- Krasny Oktyabr (Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya).
- Added an additional bonus (-5% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service) to the From the Bottom of the Ocean and The Last Conquest permanent camouflage for the battleship Hood.
- Added an extra bonus (-10% to the cost of the ship's post-battle service) to the From the Bottom of the Ocean and The Last Conquest permanent camouflage for the battleship Bismarck.
Ship Appearance Changes
Improved appearance of tier IV ships with better rendering of thin elements like rigging. This correction won't affect performance: Langley, Arkansas, Phoenix, Clemson, Hosho, Myogi, Kuma, Isokaze, Izyaslav, Svietlana, Kaiser, Karlsruhe
- Conqueror and Lion:
- Changed the reloading time for the Repair Party consumable from 120 to 180s.
- Repair Party II reload changed from 80 to 120s.
- Slightly redistributed HP between the casemate and superstructure for Lion. The superstructure located below the secondary battery guns is now attributable to the superstructure of the ship.
- Changed distance of visibility and identification of Conqueror when observed from ships from 14.76km to 15.66km.
Deepwater torpedoes will now engage targets depending on the type of ship that's locked-son. Pan-Asian destroyers and the torpedo bombers of the German carrier Graf Zeppelin carry torpedoes that can hit any target in the game except destroyers.
Be mindful that in Update 0.6.11 deepwater torpedoes could hit targets depending on their draft. Torpedoes passing beneath a player's ship are displayed as circle indicators. In this case, the torpedo approach alarm won't go off and the torpedo alarm indicator won't be displayed, either.
Torpedoes that pose a threat to a player's ship are still indicated with a triangle icon coupled with a horizontal trace on the sea surface.
When locked on a target that deepwater torpedoes cannot hit, the "Impossible to hit target" indication will appear.
The same mechanics of detection are applied to deepwater and conventional torpedoes alike.
Changes in Ship Detection Mechanics
Firing out of smoke screen has been the standard tactic of destroyers and light cruisers with a Smoke Generator. However, smokescreen as a means of attack wasn't intended for heavy cruisers and battleships. A battleship/heavy cruiser acting wisely in cooperation with a destroyer could deliver huge damage to opponents keeping them at bay.
In Ranked Battles, the use of this tactic resulted in passive play, when players simply waited, testing their opponents' nerves and smokescreens. Respecting players' feedback, we started to work on improving the smokescreen mechanics, and we're finally ready to show you the latest version.
Don't worry, the new mechanics won't dramatically affect ships that were balanced according to their use of the Smoke Generator (). Regardless, these changes will only affect short- and mid-range battles.
As a reminder, according to the previous mechanics, a ship that fired from smokescreen was completely invisible, and could be only detected from an assured acquisition distance of 2km (3km provided the Target Acquisition System Modification 1 is installed), or with the help of Hydroacoustic Search () or Surveillance Radar () consumable. With the changes, a ship firing from behind a smokescreen becomes visible.
Each ship has the Detectability after firing the main guns in smoke parameter, which depends on the gun caliber and type of ship. See parameter values for each ship at the end of the section. If an enemy ship hiding behind a smokescreen is within the range determined by this parameter value, she is detected after she fires her main guns. The new mechanics won't have effect on islands, aircraft, secondary armament, and AA capabilities – only the main battery and detectability from sea.
- The assured acquisition value (2.0km) and Detectability after firing the main guns value is displayed in the ship's specifications in the Port, when pressing the "H" key in battle, or when hovering on hit points (model) of the ship.
- If the ship hasn't been detected and she doesn't sit in a smoke screen, the circles, as before, will display the current ship's detectability value (basic value plus modifiers).
- If the ship hasn't been detected and she fires not being in smoke screen, then the circles will expand up to the Detectability after firing the main guns in smoke value.
- If the ship hasn't been detected and she sits in a smoke screen, then the assured acquisition circle of 2km is displayed; besides, the ship cannot be detected by aircraft.
- If the ship sits in a smoke screen and fires a main gun shell, then the circle will expand up to the Detectability after firing the main guns in smoke value. If the ship is detected after firing a shell, the circle width will remain the same. Additionally, if the ship goes out of smokescreen before the detectability penalty ceases, the circle will expand up to the Detectability after firing the main guns value.
- This logic is also applicable to the behavior of detectability range circles on the minimap.
In other words, if a ship fires a main gun shell, smoke screen won't guarantee its invisibility. Earlier, firing from smoke screen didn't influence ship detectability (it remained invisible). After the changes applied, enemy ships are more likely to spot you after you fire from smoke screen. After firing, the detectability range value is 2.5km for destroyers, 5.9km for cruisers, and 13.6km for battleships. Time period within which a ship can be detected is 20 seconds.
South Carolina: 10.62km
Duca d'Aosta: 5.77km
Giulio Cesare: 10.86km
After announcing changes to the way smokescreens will operate, the World of Warships Developers decided to give players who own Premium ships carrying a Smoke Generator (Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast, and Perth) an option to exchange the ships for Doubloons in an amount equaling to the ships' price, no discounts applied, if they feel those ships no longer meet their gameplay expectations.
To exchange a ship for Doubloons, sell her and get your Doubloons right in the game. The exchange option is available until the release of Update 0.6.14.
With Update 0.6.12, the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov, Belfast, and Perth are unavailable for purchase and will subsequently be removed from sale in all Premium Shops. They turned out to be excessively efficient in certain battle situations. However, the ships will continue to be available in Containers.
In the past, we did make general changes that affected Premium ships. This change is an isolated case, and all future changes (if any) to the in-game Premium fleet will now be considered on an individual basis.
We currently find the British cruiser branch generally well-balanced, but we'll look for ways to enhance their power should we observe a noticeable drop in combat efficiency.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed bug that caused game to hang when exiting.
- Fixed bug occurring mostly in low-tier battles, which excluded all information about a newly achieved Commander level from post-battle statistics in cases when several Commander levels were earned in a single battle.
- Fixed bug that prevented info about cruiser Moskva’s AA capabilities to fit in designated field in ship's characteristics in cases when she is in a maximum AA build.
- Fixed glitch with display of Caps Lock indicator in login field.
- Fixed bug that caused an allied escort cursor to appear randomly on screen when playing with an carrier.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect blocking of battle chat.
- Fixed bug that didn’t allow animation of take-off of a catapult-launched aircraft to play for an outside observer.
- Fixed bug that caused hang-up of game in Port once time for dismissal of a Commander has expired.
- Fixed bug that delivered following message: "Disc is missing. Insert disc in drive D" to be displayed right after launch of game.
- Fixed bug that prevented Oil from being credited to a player’s account with a Container (Oil will be credited within a week after the Update).
- Fixed bug that caused armor protecting superstructures of battleship Bismarck to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed bug where no ship is selected in Port upon reconnection to Internet following a disconnection.
- Jurien de la Gravière: Changed draft of ship to 6.4m to bring it in line with ship's historical prototype.
- Chapayev: Diverted catapult leftwards by 13.4 deg.
- Roon: Extended spotting range from 24.54km to 24.8km.
- Made minor changes to the distribution of HP for the following ships:
- Svietlana: Increased number of HP in fore end of ship's Hull B by 100 points.
- Langley: Reduced number of HP for steering gear of Hull A by 100 points.
- Myogi: Reduced number of HP for steering gear of Hull A by 900 points.
- Hakuryu: Increased number of HP in ship's fore end by 100 points.
- Hosho: Increased number of HP for steering gear of Hull B by 200 points.
- HSF Harekaze: Increased number of HP for 127mm/54 artillery from 1,000 to 4,000. (This change won't affect total HP of ship itself.)
- For following aircraft, increased detectability ranges from 4km to 7km when detected by air and to 8km when detected by sea:
- Mitsubishi F1M2 (Fuso)
- Loire 130 (Dunkerque)
- Breguet Br.790 (Saint-Louis)
- Arado Ar.196 (Gneisenau, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Roon, Hindenburg)
- Focke-Wulf Fw.62 (Scharnhorst)
- Arado Ar.196C (Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst)
- Aichi E13A1 (Nagato)
- Aichi E13A1B (Amagi, Kii)
- Kawanishi E15K1 (Yamato)
- Kawanishi E7K (Kongo + Tier V ARP ships)
- Vought OS2U (Murmansk)
- Nikitin KOR-2 (M-62, Kirov)
- Beriyev KOR-3 (M-87, Chapayev)
- Shavrov KOR-2 (M-105, Shchors)
- Vought OS2U Kingfisher (Iowa)
- Vought UO-1 (New Mexico)
- N3N Canary (Colorado)
- Curtiss SC-1 (Montana, Baltimore)
- Curtiss SC-2 (Des Moines)
- Vought OS2U (North Carolina)
- Vought OS2U-1 (Arizona)
- Curtiss SC-1 (Alabama)
- Fixed minor visual geometry and texture artifacts for following ships:
- Other Changes:
- These ship changes won't affect their combat performance: