- 1 Basics of Scenarios
- 2 Two Play Modes
- 3 Forming a Team
- 4 Eligible Ships
- 5 Rewards
- 6 List of Scenarios
- 6.1 Season 1
- 6.2 Season 2
- 6.3 Season 3
- 6.4 Submarines
- 6.5 Special Events
- 7 Notes
Basics of Scenarios
- Scenarios are for captains with an Access Level 14 or higher and helming Tier VI, VII, and VIII ships.
- The maximum team size in a Scenario is seven (7) players. Captains may form a division or jump into a randomly assigned division.
- Success is based on completing the mission objective, not enemy destruction. Focus on the objectives!
- Secondary objectives reward additional Credits and XP.
Two Play Modes
The first, common mode, is using a MatchMaker. A team assembles, either as a division or randomly, and the MatchMaker determines the Operation to be played and the strength of the opponent AIs, based on the ships comprising the player team.
The second, team-selected mode, allows a division of a minimum size (currently four) to select the Operation that it will play. Again, the strength of the opponent AIs is determined by the MatchMaker, based on the ships comprising the player team.
Forming a Team
Scenarios let players create Extended Divisions, a Division containing four to seven players exclusive to Scenario mode. A single player, or a division, can queue into the common mode
The game will help fill out a Division that queues with less than seven players. Players can disable this function by clicking the lock icon on their Extended Division. There is an in-Port chat channel called "Operations" where you can look for players to form a division.
Currently, Scenarios allow Tier VI, VII, and VIII ships.
The amount of credits and experience earned from an Operation depends on the number of completed objectives and your battle performance. Average earnings per battle fall between the earning averages of Co-Op and Random battles.
If the primary object is completed, secondary objectives reward additional Credits and XP. The completion or failure of a secondary objective is displayed on the end-of-battle splash screen with checks and Xs instead.
A team-selected Operation yields 20% fewer rewards.
A team with less than 7 members in the division will receive 15% fewer rewards per each member less than seven, so a 5 member division will receive 30% fewer rewards.
The reward reductions stack separately, so a 5 member division in a team-selected Operation will receive 44% fewer rewards.
List of Scenarios
- Formerly Tier VI ships only.
- Description: Superior enemy forces were spotted approaching naval station Newport. Your mission is to defend the base until the arrival of the allied attack squadron. Save the base's infrastructure and moored support ships. Remember, if we lose the Newport base, we will lose control over the entire region!
- Goal: Defend the base. Prevent the destruction of essential onshore installations and support ships. Hold out until the arrival of the allied attack squadron.
- Formerly Tier VI ships only.
- Description: An allied naval division has been attacked. Some ships have been destroyed, and the transport ships that were captured are being convoyed to the enemy base now. Intercept the enemy convoy and take back the allied ships.
- Goal: Take back allied ships and protect them en route to their destination.
- Formerly Tier VI ships only.
- Description: Reconnaissance reports that the enemy's major forces have left the naval base. Now is a good time for a swift raid and massive destruction. There are only a few ships left to defend the base, with some of them under repair.
- Goal: Destroy the enemy base and retreat in the direction designated by reconnaissance.
- Formerly Tier VI ships only.
- Description: A sudden night attack on an allied aircraft-carrying squadron turned out to be catastrophic: all escort ships were lost, and the aircraft carrier Raptor was badly damaged. Extensive damage incapacitated the ship. Your task force is ordered to find the carrier, repair the ship, and escort her from the danger zone.
- Goal: Escort the support ships to the carrier Raptor. Escort the carriers safely out of the combat zone.
- Formerly Tier VII ships only.
- Description: With the battlefront getting closer and closer, amid persistent air strikes on Rouen Atoll, the project pursued by Japanese scientists and engineers is threatened. To avoid a catastrophe, a group of transport aircraft is sent to Rouen with a mission to evacuate all personnel and documentation. All warships must provide protection for the aircraft and the aerodrome until the evacuation is complete.
- Goal: Protect the group of transport aircraft arriving at the base. Defend the aerodrome until embarkation is finished and the aircraft leave the base.
- Formerly Tier VII ships only.
- Description: It is required to break through the enemy defenses and remove all enemy forces from the water zone of the base. We'll also secure victory if we manage to provide cover for the assault transport ships to land the majority of troopers!
- Goal: Gain control over the enemy base by breaking through the enemy's defenses, eliminating all hostile forces and escorting the assault transport ships in.
- Formerly Tier VII and VIII French battleships; and Tier VII French, British, and American cruisers only.
- Description: The battleship holds are filled with gold, and the ships are on a raid through the Atlantic to the American shores. The enemy has sent their best forces to stop the convoy. A thunderstorm is gaining strength at the expected encounter point. Use the weather conditions wisely to gain an advantage over the superior forces of the enemy.
- Goal: Escort the squadron led by flagship Ruan to the designated sector. Make sure the gold is transported safely.
- Formerly Tier VIII French, British, Russian, and American cruisers only.
- Description: The 12th Cruiser Division, under the command of Rear Admiral Merrill, was tasked with defending the position of the 3rd Marines Division and clearing the region of enemy forces.
- Goals: Defend the Marine regiments that have just disembarked. Locate and destroy enemy aerodromes.
- Cossack or Tier VI and VII French, British, American, Commonwealth, Polish, and Soviet destroyers only.
- Description: Allied forces were surrounded near Dunkirk. You are to evacuate as many of our soldiers at possible from the mainland with the support of civilian ships. Expect resistance from enemy aircraft, long-range artillery, and torpedo boats. Be careful, the evacuation routes run through minefields.
- Goal: Support the evacuation of the Allied troops surrounded near Dunkirk.
- Tier VI and VIII submarines only.
- Description: An enemy convoy with strategic cargo on board is trying to break through neutral waters. A combat squadron is rushing to aid the convoy. Your mission is to break through the lines of escorting ships and destroy all transports before their reinforcements arrive.
- Goal: Sink the enemy transport ships before reinforcements arrive.
- Note: This Operation is currently only playable in a division with at least 4 players.
- Only the special Tier III ships Blade, Igor, and Jackal may participate in this operation.
- Description: Under the moonlit sky, the sea is churning, onshore catapults are creaking, and dreadful zombie ships are chasing the living. Rasputin, your arch enemy, has its guns loaded and ready to fire. Help Transylvania reach her destination and don't let her fall victim to the awakened evil.
- Goal: Escort Transylvania to the Portal.
- Only the special Tier VIII ships Urashima, Svyatozar, Magnu-S, and Nobilium may participate in this operation. They are provided to the player when the operation becomes available, except for Nobilium, which is provided after the player plays a single Random Battle (after the operation becomes available).
- Description: Transylvania and her rescuers returned to the native shores of Silver Spear Archipelago, bu the Forces of Darkness are trailing them and forcing their way through the Portal! The brewing horror can be ceased only by sealing the Portal with the help of the Great Towers. You must defend the Towers from the dark-minded foes until the Portal is sealed! This is our only hope.
- Goal: Defend the Great Towers until they seal the Portal to the lost dimension.
- Only the special Tier VII ships Barracuda, Zipper Sub, Seelöwe, Gerfalcon, and Killer Whale may participate in this operation. They are provided to the player when the operation becomes available, except for Seelöwe, which is awarded to the player after completing the operation once.
- Description: The Royal Fleet has defeated Rasputin and its allied darksiders many times before, but hostile forces keep coming back for more. Reconnaissance units report there is a Black Lair castle rising up from amongst the islands of Five Ravens in the Outer World. That's where Rasputin gains power to rise from the darkness of non-existence. Find the Black Lair, and destroy the villainous creature once and for all.
- Goal: Locate Rasputin in the Black Lair harbor and defeat it permanently.
- Note: This operation is only available during Update 0.8.5
- Only the special Tier X destroyers may participate in this operation. Three are provided to the player when the operation becomes available. Six more, stronger and faster, may be earned.
- Description: Nine modified destroyers in a brand new four-team game mode, Savage Battle; a post-apocalyptic port and map, the Flooded City; and an enclosing Wall of Fire that forces close-quarters brawls. Directives lead to Tier V USN destroyer Hill. Earn Fuel Tokens toward the Tier IX USN destroyer Benham.
- Goal: Sink them all.
- Only the Tier VIII and Tier IX ships may participate in this operation.
- Description: The portal to the dark dimension is open again! Unspeakably evil forces are breaking into our world. The battlefield is completely encircled by the Filth. Transylvania creates a magic area around herself that repels the filth. The magic is waining, however, and the safe area will gradually shrink over time.
- Goal: Only Transylvania can put an end to this saga. You need to escort her to the Portal so she can wipe it off the face of the earth.
Changes in Update 0.11.8
In September 2022, the Operations were significantly overhauled. The weekly rotation of a single Scenario was replaced with a random selection from eight possible Scenarios, restoring the "Season 2" Scenarios The Ultimate Frontier, Hermes, and Cherry Blossom that had been unavailable for several years. The 30-minute cool-down after using a ship in Operations was removed, and the one-time rewards for completing a particular Operation were replaced by weekly combat missions that awarded Community Tokens and a Supercontainer. Captains could now enter with any ship from Tiers VI, VII, and VIII. Creating a division still allows captains to select which Scenario they want to play.
Originally, players were awarded a star () for each of the five secondary objective completed, but only if they accomplished the main objective. A star earned one-time rewards ranging from signal flags to experienced commanders to premium account time. At the end of each Scenario, a splash screen appeared that broke down the results and rewards. No additional rewards were granted for completing the Scenario again and earning the same number of stars.
With the release of Update 0.10.8, any stars earned in Operations were reset. Stars their corresponding reward could be earned again.
In Update 0.11.8, the stars were removed and only the bonus of secondary objectives rewarding additional Credits and XP remained. The completion or failure of a secondary objective is displayed on the end-of-battle splash screen with checks and Xs instead.
In Update 0.11.10 The weekly combat missions for operations that awarded Community Tokens and containers were removed.
- Any surface ship may be selected for any Operation with the exception of Operation: Wolfpack which only allows submarines, and there is no longer a wait time or fee for reusing the same ship.
- Each completed secondary objective is worth about 10% bonus to base experience per task completed, or a loss of 8.8% per task failed