Warspite, South Carolina, Arkansas Beta, New York, Colorado, North Carolina, Wyoming, Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, and Arizona in-game models, ship durability points distribution, details of armor bevels and lines refined.
Visibility System Improvements
The visibility system, spotting ranges, and how smoke screens conceal your movement were sometimes difficult for players to fully understand. For this reason, we've made a couple of major changes to the visibility system, with the overall objective of making it clearer to players.
- Added edges of a smoke screen on the water's surface if the player is within a 2.5 km radius of it.
- Situational Awareness is given to everyone by default and removed from the Commander Skills tree.
- Smoke Generator will start two seconds after the consumable is activated.
- Eliminated many unpleasant situations regarding sighting ships when setting smoke, which resulted in ships "blinking" while setting the screen.
- Aircraft visibility rules are now similar to those for ships. Aircraft outside of the visibility range of a ship won't be seen, but will still be displayed on the minimap.
- Players will now be able to see shells and torpedoes spotted both personally and by teammates.
Voice Chat in Divisions
To help you overcome great challenges in PvP and PvE, we have added built-in voice chat for easier communication when in a Division.
- Enable Division voice chat in the Sound options menu.
Other Ship Changes
- Warspite’s draft revised. The ship now sits 0.65 m deeper in the water.
- Armor penetration of HE shells for the 360 mm Spr.Gr. L/4.6 has been increased from 64 to 95mm.
- Armor penetration for the 150mm Spr.Gr. L/4.5 HE shells (secondary guns) has been increased from 25 to 37mm.
- Added an extra Surveillance Radar consumable slot for Atlanta.
- Tirpitz’s forward and aft ends armor layout revised. Now the armor runs from one side of the ship to the other, while it previously protected only the citadel. Now it will be impossible to hit its citadel with a shell that bypasses the slopes of the deck and the transverse armor protection of the citadel.
- Omaha and Marblehead casemate armor thickness increased from 6 to 10mm for the casemate closest to the forward end of the ship.
- Phoenix casemate armor plating thickness increased from 10mm to 13mm.
- Pensacola and Baltimore armor model errors fixed, where the barbettes of the first main-turret were not extended to the magazine deck.
- Mogami armor inconsistencies in its barbettes corrected and the middle of its hull modelled with more detail.
- Krasny Krym torpedo range increased from 3.7 to 5 km.
- Tier I-IV ships and Tier V aircraft carriers will see battles with opponents only one tier higher.
- Tier V+ ships will see battles with opponents two tiers higher.
- Only one aircraft carrier will be available per team for battles where the maximum tier ship is Tier VIII, IX or X.
- Matchmaker improved to try to uniformly distribute ships of different nations between the teams.