|620 km/hTop Speed at Sea Level|
|620 km/hTop Speed at Best Altitude|
|1900 mOptimum Altitude|
|750 km/hMaximum Dive Speed|
|122.7 m/sRate of Climb|
|150 km/hStall Speed|
|380 km/hOptimum Airspeed|
|10.5 sAverage Time to Turn 360 deg|
|130 °/sRate of Roll|
|Engine Power, hp|
|Muzzle Velocity, m/s|
|Rate of Fire, rounds/min|
|Tier||Engine||Engine Power, hp / Thrust||Type||Weight, kg||Price,|
Synchronized machine gun
|Tier||Machine gun||Caliber||Muzzle Velocity, m/s||Damage||Rate of Fire, rounds/min||Weight, kg||Price,|
|VI||12.7 mm UBS (S)||12.7||1120||55||800||60||19830|
Pros and Cons
- good speed, good altitude characteristics
- decent handling, better than the P-51A
- accurate guns
- Terrible armament, has at most 3 guns, and loses one when mounting the 20mm cannons.
- 20mm cannons are considerably better within 300m than at range, makes chasing bombers and GAs harmful.
- DPS with either machine guns or autocannons is woeful, will be completely overshadowed by spitfires and even mustangs.
Continuing down the high-altitude fighter line, the I-210 refines the playstyle of the MiG-3 but at the same time changes the way you need to think about this plane. Up front the I-210 has fewer guns than the MiG-3, dropping down to two 20mm autocannons below the cowling. What you lose in volume of fire, you gain in accuracy- and accuracy with the I-210's good maneuverability translates to having the ability to put a steady stream of damage against an enemy plane. The I-210 plays a lot like the Bf-109F or the Bf-109G, relying on both maneuverability and speed to stay behind a target long enough to shoot it down or cripple it with accurate, close-range fire. The I-210 performs well at high altitudes and while not as fast as a P-51A it has an edge in maneuverability. Your primary targets, as a consequence, are fighters and multiroles. Full-health bombers and GAs are a tricky proposition given your limited firepower- though don't hesitate to finish off crippled ones threatening your positions. Fly at high altitude and ambush your targets from above. Keep your guns trained on your target and take careful aim- you don't have a lot of guns to work with. Zoom away when you get the kill or when the situation becomes unfavorable. Head-on attacks are highly discouraged; most fighters and multiroles will shred you with their volume of fire. When used right, the I-210 becomes a formidable plane that can bring down enemy planes one by one.
- Research the 20mm autocannons for an increase in firepower
- Next, the airframe to improve HP and handling
- Lastly, research the engines
History for this plane not found