Renault FT 75 BS
Renault FT 75 BS
Mouse over "
[Client Values; Actual values in
|8080 HP Hit Points|
|7.3/7.37.3/9.3 t Weight Limit|
- Commander (Gunner, Radio Operator, Loader)
|39100 hp Engine Power|
|19/6 km/h Speed Limit|
|1214 deg/s Traverse|
|5.3413.7 hp/t Power/Wt Ratio|
|16/16/16 mm Hull Armor|
|165//165// HP Damage|
|19//19// mm Penetration|
|r/m 7.69 r/m 7.69 Rate of Fire|
▲1420.65 Damage Per Minute
With 50% Crew: 0.98 m
With 50% Crew: 0.98 m
|s 4.5 s 4.5 Aim time|
|1818 deg/s Gun Traverse Speed|
|20° Gun Arc|
|-7°/+45°-7°/+45° Elevation Arc|
|2424 rounds Ammo Capacity|
|2020 % Chance of Fire|
|m 250 m 250 View Range|
|m 300 m 360 Signal Range|
The first order for an SPG on the basis of the Renault FT-17 was placed in December 1917. However, no SPG entered service until the end of World War I. After the end of the war a total of 39 vehicles were manufactured.
Since the SU-18 was the SPG variant of the MS-1, itself the soviet version of the Renault FT, this tank is extremely similar to its Russian counterpart. It has a short range, fast RoF and aim time and the same mobility as the FT-17, which puts it on par with the other tier 2 SPGs.
The Renault FT 75 BS leads to the Lorraine 39L AM.
Modules / Available Equipment and Consumables
|Rate of fire
|II||75 mm Blockhaus Schneider||19||165||7.69||0.77||4.5||210||2830|
|Chance of Fire on Impact
|I||Renault FT 75 BS||7.3||12||0||2200||250|
|II||Renault FT 75 BS bis||9.3||14||0||2200||560|
Pros and Cons
- Gun range: 480 m
- Aims the quickest of the tier 2 SPGs
- Good gun traverse, depression and elevation
- Good reload time
- Small size makes hiding easier.
- Poor top speed
- Slow hull traverse and poor acceleration
- Poor view range
- Somewhat slow shell velocity
The first French SPG can be a rather fun experience for new players that want to try out the artillery side of the game. It aims faster than the other tier 2 SPGs, which is helpful to all players, but especially to players new to SPGs. Its second engine upgrade makes it pretty maneuverable and has decent acceleration. It also has great accuracy and a quick reload time for an arty. Keep in mind that just like the Soviet SU-18, the range isn't that great, the top speed is terrible, and small obstacles like fences or trees can stall or slow down the tank. Also, it only has two crew members and a rather limited ammo capacity. It also plays well as a Tank Destroyer due to its great gun depression. However, don't do this unless the situation is extreme.
- This tank can easily relocate after a shot, but don't expect to be crossing the battlefield anytime soon.
- The shell has a rather long travel time so you need to time properly when aiming at other tanks, specially when they are on the move.
- This tank can easily take advantage of the Camouflage Net as it has rather small profile.
- Should you decide to keep this on your garage, the Gun Laying Drive will make your aiming lightning fast!
- The engines carry over from the Renault FT, so upgrade the engine immediately.
- Research the suspension and the radio.
- Have fun!
Sources and External Links
|USA||IIT1 HMC • IIIT18 HMC • IIIM7 Priest • IVT82 HMC • IVM37 • VM41 HMC • VIM44 • VIIM12 • VIIIM40/M43 • IXM53/M55 • XT92 HMC|
|UK||IILoyd Gun Carriage • IIISexton II • IIISexton I • IVBirch Gun • VBishop • VIFV304 • VIICrusader 5.5-in. SP • VIIIFV207 • IXFV3805 • XConqueror Gun Carriage|
|Germany||IIG.Pz. Mk. VI (e) • IIISturmpanzer I Bison • IIIWespe • IVPz.Sfl. IVb • IVSturmpanzer II • VGrille • VIHummel • VIIG.W. Panther • VIIIG.W. Tiger (P) • IXG.W. Tiger • XG.W. E 100|
|France||IIRenault FT 75 BS • IIILorraine 39L AM • IVAMX 105 AM mle. 47 • VAMX 13 105 AM mle. 50 • V105 leFH18B2 • VIAMX 13 F3 AM • VIILorraine 155 mle. 50 • VIIILorraine 155 mle. 51 • IXBat.-Châtillon 155 55 • XBat.-Châtillon 155 58|
|USSR||IISU-18 • IIISU-26 • IVSU-5 • VSU-122A • VISU-8 • VIIS-51 • VIISU-14-1 • VIIISU-14-2 • IX212A • XObject 261|