Mouse over "
[Client Values; Actual values in
|280280 HP Hit Points|
|29.42/29.529.03/32 t Weight Limit|
- Commander (Radio Operator)
|500550 hp Engine Power|
|56.3/14 km/h Speed Limit|
|2022 deg/s Traverse|
|1718.95 hp/t Power/Wt Ratio|
|12.7/12.7/12.7 mm Hull Armor|
|550//550// HP Damage|
|38//39// mm Penetration|
|r/m 2.96 r/m 3.02 Rate of Fire|
▲1661 Damage Per Minute
With 50% Crew: 0.917 m
With 50% Crew: 0.892 m
|s 4.6 s 4.9 Aim time|
|1010 deg/s Gun Traverse Speed|
|60° Gun Arc|
|-5°/+65°-5°/+65° Elevation Arc|
|3636 rounds Ammo Capacity|
|2020 % Chance of Fire|
|m 265 m 265 View Range|
|m 500 m 750 Signal Range|
- Stationary: 10%
- When Moving: 5.1%
- When Firing: 1.5%
- On Hard Ground: 1.25
- On Medium Ground: 1.44
- On Soft Ground: 2.4
Dispersion Change Values
- Turret Contribution
- Rotation: 0.44
- Shot Recoil: 5.75
- Suspension Contribution
- Acceleration: 0.38
- Turning: 0.38
With 100% Crew
A 155 mm SPG on the chassis of the M41 light tank. The vehicle saw action in the Korean War. In the early 1960s, improved SPGs of this type with rotating turrets were introduced, and the M44 was removed from service. According to different sources, between 250 and 600 vehicles were manufactured from 1953 through 1954.
The M44 leads to the M12.
Modules / Available Equipment and Consumables
|Rate of fire
|V||155 mm Howitzer M1||38||550||2.96||0.74||4.6||1735||45000|
|VI||155 mm Howitzer M45||39||550||3.02||0.72||4.9||1347||68000|
|Chance of Fire on Impact
Pros and Cons
- Good mobility
- Wide horizontal and good vertical shell arc
- good combination of accuracy, damage, and reload
- Accuracy is still meh
- Lower damage than the 950 alpha tier 6 artillery pieces
The M44 is like a tier 6 version of the M53/55. It has moderately high mobility, combined with good damage, a fast reload, and decent accuracy. The M44 is well-rounded, with no really lackluster statistics that hinder it in any way. It is able to hurt anything it sees, and can do well even when bottom tier. During Clan Wars Campaigns, the M44 may see use during the Tier 6 stages.
- None of the available upgrades are researched and carry over from the M41.
- Research the M45 Howitzer 2nd gun first. It is lighter than stock gun so no need for tracks first.
- Research the top radio next, as it is also used on the M53/M55 later in the line.
- Suspension and engine last. Or you can simply go straight to the M12.
- Note that the top engine is shared with the M41 Walker Bulldog, T49 and T69 If you are going to be researching these lines in the future it is sensible to research the engine here.
Alternatively, research the suspension first, as you cannot mount the camouflage net without the upgraded suspension. This will allow for increased survivability, while you are researching the other upgrades.
Sources and External Links
- Hunnicutt, 1995, p.199-201.
Hunnicutt, R.P., 1995, Sheridan: A History of the American Light Tank - Volume-2, Presidio Press, 340p, ISBN:9780891415701.
- M44 Howitzer Motor Carriage Specs and brief history.
|USA||IIT1 HMC • IIIT18 HMC • IIIM7 Priest • IVT82 HMC • IVM37 • VM41 HMC • VIM44 • VIIM12 • VIIIM40/M43 • IXM53/M55 • XT92 HMC|
|UK||IILoyd Gun Carriage • IIISexton II • IIISexton I • IVBirch Gun • VBishop • VIFV304 • VIICrusader 5.5-in. SP • VIIIFV207 • IXFV3805 • XConqueror Gun Carriage|
|Germany||IIG.Pz. Mk. VI (e) • IIISturmpanzer I Bison • IIIWespe • IVPz.Sfl. IVb • IVSturmpanzer II • VGrille • VIHummel • VIIG.W. Panther • VIIIG.W. Tiger (P) • IXG.W. Tiger • XG.W. E 100|
|France||IIRenault FT 75 BS • IIILorraine 39L AM • IVAMX 105 AM mle. 47 • VAMX 13 105 AM mle. 50 • V105 leFH18B2 • VIAMX 13 F3 AM • VIILorraine 155 mle. 50 • VIIILorraine 155 mle. 51 • IXBat.-Châtillon 155 55 • XBat.-Châtillon 155 58|
|USSR||IISU-18 • IIISU-26 • IVSU-5 • VSU-122A • VISU-8 • VIIS-51 • VIISU-14-1 • VIIISU-14-2 • IX212A • XObject 261|