|870 Hit Points|
|35.51 / 45.5 kgWeight|
|85/40/40Hull Armor(front/sides/rear, mm)|
|50/30/30Turret Armor(front/sides/rear, mm)|
|870 h.p.Engine Power|
|55 km/hSpeed Limit|
|29 deg/secTraverse Speed|
|110 Standard Shell Damage|
|110 mmStandard Shell Penetration|
|4.28571428571429 Time for Complete Loading|
|53 deg/secTurret Traverse Speed|
|320 mView Range|
|710 mSignal Range|
It has great mobility, decent acceleration and is well armored for its tier. Its weakness, however, is that it has very little gun depression, so in hilly terrain it's at a large disadvantage because even a small bump can make a big difference in its ability to hit the target or not. As a result, it's best to fight on flat ground, though some very small tanks are still difficult to hit, even on flat terrain. It's recommended to always flank and target the enemy's rear and side.
|Level||Turret||Weight (t)||Turret Armor (front/sides/rear, mm)||Gun Traverse Speed (deg/s)||View Range (m)|
|Level||Gun||Weight (t)||Average Penetration (mm)||Rate of Fire||Dispersion at 100 m||Aiming Time|
|V||7,5 cm KwK 40 L/48||500||110/158/38||110/110/175||14||0.39||1.71|
|Level||Engine||Weight (t)||Engine Power (h.p.)||Chance of Fire on Impact|
|VII||Maybach HL 210 P 30||750||870||20|
|Level||Suspension||Weight (t)||Load Limit||Traverse Speed (deg/s)|
|Level||Radio||Weight (t)||Signal Range (m)|
|VI||FuG 7 Ausf. F||0||710|
Pros and Cons
- Very fast in a straight line, even faster than some light tanks!.
- High P/WT ratio means quick acceleration.
- Heavily sloped frontal plate can bounce many at tier and occasionally above tier shots.
- High RoF on the gun helps mitigate its mediocre penetration.
- Heavy weight combined with high top speed makes this tank a deadly rammer (even heavies will take significant damage!).
- Very poor gun depression from the front (Fairly good from the side, though it is risky).
- Very tall and easy to spot.
- Turret is weak with a massive cupola (Spaced armor from the side and rear helps against HE however)
- Pretty sluggish traverse for a medium, you will lose alot of speed on sharp turns
- Gun is average at best and will struggle in higher tier matches
To be effective,use his tank as a flanker. Use its speed, maneuverability, and turret traverse to circle stray enemies. Attack the enemy from the sides and rear. If possible, try to time your flanking attempts to occur while your target is busy fighting one of your allies. Neither the armor nor the gun is strong enough to engage in most prolonged face-to-face battles. This tank is best positioned in a wolf pack with other mediums. It is good in hull down positions if you can place yourself behind hard cover - on flat ground - due to elevation limits on the gun. In close combat players, should try to track the enemy and then go for weakspots behind the enemy tank.
For further information on the development of the Panther, please read about the Panther.An early model Bergepanther fitted with a bolted on PzKpfw IV Ausf H’s turret (that could not be traversed), served as a command tank of Schwere Heeres Panzerjager Abteilung 653 on the Eastern Front in early-/mid-1944.
Sources and External Links
History Article: https://pro-tank.ru/blog/653-german-tanks-non-realized-projects-on-basis-pz3-pz4 (Translated using Google Translate)